Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

semigoodlookin 04-04-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1119574)

Anyway, completely beside the point. This is not the reason why Richie would have left (even if it's just temporary). And again, I am not sure I understand why people get so worked up about this. He'll come back eventually, the old bastard!

yep, If he has left for family reasons, they will clear up and he will return.

If he left cause he is pissed, high, elbow deep, or whatever other vice he has then eventually he will get sober for a few weeks and come back.

If he has had enough and walked, time's a healer and all that, so he will be back one day.

If it is health, well Mick Mars has been on stage from beyond the grave for years.

idbl_fanatic 04-04-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1119575)

If it is health, well Mick Mars has been on stage from beyond the grave for years.

LOL Right?

Mysterytrain 04-04-2013 12:30 AM

I had heard there was supposed to be some sort of official statement made about Richie today, but other than Matt's PO'd Tweets, I haven't heard anything. Were they this slow at issuing a statement back in 2011?

Fastlane 04-04-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1119565)
That's the emoji of a teenager reading her @ replies full of tweets from Bon Jovi fans :rolleyes:

People need to leave the kid alone and let her social network with her FRIENDS. Fans who follow her on twitter need to reel their fandom in. It's pathetic.

Bravo! Hear, hear! Post of the day.

Walleris 04-04-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1119577)
I had heard there was supposed to be some sort of official statement made about Richie today, but other than Matt's PO'd Tweets, I haven't heard anything. Were they this slow at issuing a statement back in 2011?

If my memory serves correct, in 2011 some website leaked the info and BJ.com announced it officially a couple of hours later, so it was nothing like this. This leads to me to believe, the more they wait to announce it, the less likely is the chance of it being related to substance abuse.

Thierry 04-04-2013 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1119580)
If my memory serves correct, in 2011 some website leaked the info and BJ.com announced it officially a couple of hours later, so it was nothing like this. This leads to me to believe, the more they wait to announce it, the less likely is the chance of it being related to substance abuse.

Or the promotor is having a wank instead of posting something useful.

Becky 04-04-2013 12:39 AM

Another reason I don't think this is a case of Jon vs. Richie and Jon being a Big Bad Meanie is that Tico and Dave haven't walked away from the tour. If the band were being treated badly, they would be more likely to be unified and walk away together than for just Richie to leave. Jon's been surrounded by the same people for 30+ years. If he were really an ass to people, he wouldn't garner such loyalty. The band don't have to do this and his wife could have left and taken her half of everything long ago.

idbl_fanatic 04-04-2013 12:40 AM

Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora

Thank you everyone for your concern. I'm well, but had to stay in LA to take care of a personal matter. Love you all and see you very soon.

bounce442 04-04-2013 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1119585)
Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora

Thank you everyone for your concern. I'm well, but had to stay in LA to take care of a personal matter. Love you all and see you very soon.

Interesting. Well glad he's okay. And at least he thinks he's coming back real soon.

danfan 04-04-2013 12:43 AM

Jesus, if it is not a big deal and he'll be back soon, THEN JUST ISSUE A DAMN STATEMENT!!!!