Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

danfan 04-04-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1119586)
Interesting. Well glad he's okay.

Not interesting at all. Vague, pointless, and disrespectful to the fans who shelled out hundreds of dollars on tickets to see the band trying to decide if they should get a refund or not.

I'm sorry. Not trying to be a wanker to the guy. He could have some serious issues to deal with, and that's all cool. But when you're a celebrity and you choose this life, you gotta handle things the right way and be professional and respectful of your fans.

Jayster 04-04-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1119585)
Richie Sambora ‏@TheRealSambora

Thank you everyone for your concern. I'm well, but had to stay in LA to take care of a personal matter. Love you all and see you very soon.

Well, fair enough. We really don't need to know anymore.

Could be family, could have been a friend in trouble, could be a legal issue.

Main thing is he's well and will be back.

Roll 04-04-2013 12:45 AM

I guess if Richie happened to leave the band, that would a good opportunity to drop the curtain. Those guys they're far from their prime and while Jon keeps being this workaholic, Richie only thinks of recording and playing the shitty songs he writes for his solo records, Dave cares about his musicals ans Tico wants to play golf (don't mention Hugh the ghostly bass player...). 30 years is a great achievement, they should think of that.
Anyway and though I'm not such a staunch supporter of Richie, I'd sell my tickets or get a refund for Madrid. I won't book a flight and a hotel night to see JBJ.

nikos greece 04-04-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Thank you everyone for your concern. I'm well, but had to stay in LA to take care of a personal matter. Love you all and see you very soon.

at last...i think matt wouldnt lie as well...it looks things are a bit better than what we speculated!!! maybe its sth with his mother or heather? to be honest it doesnt matter, if he is ok and the band is ok im fine

Jayster 04-04-2013 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119588)
Not interesting at all. Vague, pointless, and disrespectful to the fans who shelled out hundreds of dollars on tickets to see the band trying to decide if they should get a refund or not.

Oh come on. He is not just the lead guitarist of a band.

He is human and shit happens and plans sometimes have to be amended.

Crushgen24/88 04-04-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Well..that's helpful.
I'm really curious what comes out of all this now.

Mysterytrain 04-04-2013 12:50 AM

Well, I feel a little better now.

crashed 04-04-2013 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119587)
Jesus, if it is not a big deal and he'll be back soon, THEN JUST ISSUE A DAMN STATEMENT!!!!

He just did.

It's a personal matter - Richie had to stay and take care of it - no-one needs to know any more than that.

danfan 04-04-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1119600)
He just did.

It's a personal matter - Richie had to stay and take care of it - no-one needs to know any more than that.

He doesn't have to elaborate on what the personal matter is. Nobody cares. Just let us know, is he coming back? "See ya soon" doesn't tell anyone anything.

Javier 04-04-2013 01:02 AM

maybe his Hummer got impounded and he had to go to the DMV to clear it??