Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Rumen 05-19-2013 02:28 AM

So far...

Jon:

"Well. All I can tell you, without lying, is 3:30 Tuesday afternoon, I get a phone call in Calgary that Richie will not be able to perform for personal reasons and he won’t be coming. So we went to the show and I had two choices. Pack up the trucks or play. And we’ve been through this before so we played and had a replacement for him the next night. We’re very supportive of whatever he’s going through but I have yet to speak to him. That’s all I can say because I just don’t know any more."

"Ok, well! All I can say is that, honest to God, it's a personal matter, but we love him very much and he's absolutely still a member of the band."

"He has not been fired from the band, he is not ill, he's got some personal stuff that he's gotta deal with and I can't comment any further and it's not me being elusive, but it's for him to answer any further than that. We did not have a row, but we go on and he is always gonna be welcome as long as he's up for it."

"To keep addressing the Richie thing, and it's very difficult for us because, in truth, it's almost to the point... you've gotta ask him. He didn't show up, that's all that happened. He didn't get fired, we didn't have a fight. We've been through this before. And when he works through his personal issues, then he can talk about what date, if at all, he chooses to come back. We love him, we miss him, it's different but it's still just as good, and we're fortunate that the guy that filled in for him last time that he had issues was available, so the shows have not suffered one bit."

Tico:

"Richie's been a big part of our band, and so its difficult sometimes in life, everybody has personal lives, and you have to give people space, we'll continue on as a band, we miss him, and before, whatever it's worth, it's important to have your own life."

Richie:

"I'm doing ****ing great. This is a private matter but please know I love the band and you fans!"

"Don't worry bout me... I'm tip top and smilin..."

"Rockbridge guitars simply the best right now....just killer!"

Captmorgs 05-19-2013 02:54 AM

He just doesn't want to play with the band right now, folks. Sounds like a Richie-problem to me. This is on him.

WillRunForChocolate 05-19-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumen (Post 1130577)
So far...

Jon:

"Well. All I can tell you, without lying, is 3:30 Tuesday afternoon, I get a phone call in Calgary that Richie will not be able to perform for personal reasons and he won’t be coming. So we went to the show and I had two choices. Pack up the trucks or play. And we’ve been through this before so we played and had a replacement for him the next night. We’re very supportive of whatever he’s going through but I have yet to speak to him. That’s all I can say because I just don’t know any more."

"Ok, well! All I can say is that, honest to God, it's a personal matter, but we love him very much and he's absolutely still a member of the band."

"He has not been fired from the band, he is not ill, he's got some personal stuff that he's gotta deal with and I can't comment any further and it's not me being elusive, but it's for him to answer any further than that. We did not have a row, but we go on and he is always gonna be welcome as long as he's up for it."

"To keep addressing the Richie thing, and it's very difficult for us because, in truth, it's almost to the point... you've gotta ask him. He didn't show up, that's all that happened. He didn't get fired, we didn't have a fight. We've been through this before. And when he works through his personal issues, then he can talk about what date, if at all, he chooses to come back. We love him, we miss him, it's different but it's still just as good, and we're fortunate that the guy that filled in for him last time that he had issues was available, so the shows have not suffered one bit."

Tico:

"Richie's been a big part of our band, and so its difficult sometimes in life, everybody has personal lives, and you have to give people space, we'll continue on as a band, we miss him, and before, whatever it's worth, it's important to have your own life."

Richie:

"I'm doing ****ing great. This is a private matter but please know I love the band and you fans!"

Thanks for the summary. I've sent a screenshot of this post to my non-obsessed Bon Jovi friends who haven't been following as closely as some of us :)

Lisa71 05-19-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumen (Post 1130577)
So far...

Jon:

Tico:

Richie:

Appreciate this, thanks. You just missed this tweet from Richie:

Oh about the contest... So many to go thru and so much greatness I gotta come up with a plan... So many talented people....

Bill23 05-19-2013 07:41 AM

Bring back Richie!

Slakk 05-19-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1130587)
He just doesn't want to play with the band right now, folks. Sounds like a Richie-problem to me. This is on him.

Yep - and the other three are making the best of it.

MrNickel 05-19-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1130606)

Its such a shame whats happening now, he really is the man when hes on form.

jessycardy 05-19-2013 02:19 PM

This thread should be renamed "The Richie Thing".

MrNickel 05-19-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130665)
This thread should be renamed "The Richie Thing".

I like it or maybe Richie Gate 2 ?

jovigirloz 05-19-2013 03:33 PM

I am really starting to think that the anniversary month of his fathers death and spending time with Ava in Hawaii has made him re evaluate things in his life.