Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

ben 05-20-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 1130941)
I want to know whose decision it was to remove Richie from the photo at the top of this story.

http://www.absoluteradio.co.uk/artis...ening-Act-Vote

well it's weird.. I can see him in my phone standing next to Tico but there's no Richie when I click the link in my laptop. what a confusion! I don't know what to say..

MrNickel 05-20-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alessiasambo (Post 1130987)
“Life goes on, so if someone chooses not to be here... unlike if this were, God forbid, The Edge, and he for some reason couldn’t make a U2 show, [then] it would be very difficult to just step in.

“You have a choice — you either figure it out, go and grow, not only survive but thrive. Or, you say, ‘I hate my brother and I’m gonna quit the band.’ ”

This is sounding just worse and worse. :c

The Edge comment suggests that The Edge isn't replaceable but Richie is very replaceable. That comment was really insulting to Richie.

This gets worse and worse.

Bounce7800 05-20-2013 04:46 PM

Jon would appear to be getting very frustrated now, he's taking a lot of flack and it seems his patience has run out with whatever problem is keeping Richie off the tour.

muziektaal 05-20-2013 04:47 PM

Could someone please explain this sentence to me? I don't trust my English that much :rolleyes:

“Life goes on, so if someone chooses not to be here... unlike if this were, God forbid, The Edge, and he for some reason couldn’t make a U2 show, [then] it would be very difficult to just step in.

Is Jon saying that Richie is replaceable and it isn't difficult to do so? Or did I get the message wrong?

Dave88 05-20-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

He said: “It’s getting more and more difficult every day to not just sit here and say something... Because all I can say is this — it’s for personal reasons. He’s been through it before, fortunately for us the same guy who filled in last time was available this time.
He may not be in rehab but it definitely sounds as an alcohol-related issue again.

Beaky 05-20-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1130996)
The Edge comment suggests that The Edge isn't replaceable but Richie is very replaceable. That comment was really insulting to Richie.

This gets worse and worse.

He REALLY wants Richie to make a statement, so he's trying to tell him that Bon Jovi doesn't need him, to continue. It's insulting if Richie is really struggling with something at the moment... but he's not... he's 'f*cking great.'

I think Jon would rather know one way or the other, himself.

MellyMel 05-20-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alessiasambo (Post 1130987)
Another interview where Jon talks about Richie (after slamming Justin Bieber for unprofessional behaviour and disrespecting his fans)

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/ce...s-8623519.html

Bon Jovi come to Hyde Park on July 5 for their gig at the Barclaycard British Summer Time festival, but will be without guitarist Richie Sambora, who has pulled out of their tour.

Jon hinted that the reason may be the same as in 2011, when Sambora missed dates to go into rehab for alcohol abuse.

He said: “It’s getting more and more difficult every day to not just sit here and say something... Because all I can say is this — it’s for personal reasons. He’s been through it before, fortunately for us the same guy who filled in last time was available this time.

“You have a choice — you either figure it out, go and grow, not only survive but thrive. Or, you say, ‘I hate my brother and I’m gonna quit the band.’ ”

This is sounding just worse and worse. :c

HARSH. Jon is pissed.

JoviJovi 05-20-2013 04:52 PM

Wow, I can't believe he said this :shock:

JoviJovi 05-20-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muziektaal (Post 1130999)
Could someone please explain this sentence to me? I don't trust my English that much :rolleyes:

Is Jon saying that Richie is replaceable and it isn't difficult to do so? Or did I get the message wrong?

That's exactly what that means.

RonJovi 05-20-2013 05:00 PM

Well if this is what it looks like, I can believe he said it. Jon must be seriously frustrated that he's getting it in the neck because Richie can't be arsed (if that's what it is). You can only take that for so long.