Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Richie fans made a tribute song and it's cool! (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68838)

JackieBlue 12-28-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1184223)
Wow! That is one tough piece of horse shit! And Richie said the people who made it make Richie try harder and harder. If this tells anything about the taste of music of Richie's fans, Richie can stop trying. This bunch of losers will lick his butthole anyways.

I understand that you don't like the quality of their tribute. That's an opinion and needs no justification as far as I'm concerned. I'm not sure, though, why you would think this video could say anything at all about the musical tastes of Richie's fans. *shrug*

IMO, the video wasn't done to achieve any awards. In a world where far too many people don't appreciate anything, and the few who do often can't be bothered to express it, this was an effort to say 'Thanks'. I can respect it for that, if nothing else.

It's your closing statement that I find offensive on so many levels I can't even begin to number them. It's not clear if "this bunch of losers" refers to the people who did the video, to the fans whose taste you think may be assumed by it, or to Richie fans in general, but it doesn't matter. At least one Richie fan has enough taste to know that your final comment, besides being uncalled for, had none.

Supersonic 12-28-2014 07:22 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by JackieBlue (Post 1184267)
It's your closing statement that I find offensive on so many levels I can't even begin to number them. It's not clear if "this bunch of losers" refers to the people who did the video, to the fans whose taste you think may be assumed by it, or to Richie fans in general, but it doesn't matter. At least one Richie fan has enough taste to know that your final comment, besides being uncalled for, had none.

Yeah, I don't get that either. These guys are passionate about what they love and showed it by creating something new. Now I don't understand why they're passionate about it, why they still love it, and think the song is mediocre at best, but I wouldn't call them losers for simply doing such a thing. If anything, there's more passion and love involved in that 5 minute video than there is in the last few records of Bon Jovi.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

sambos apprentice 12-29-2014 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1184273)
Aloha !

Yeah, I don't get that either. These guys are passionate about what they love and showed it by creating something new. Now I don't understand why they're passionate about it, why they still love it, and think the song is mediocre at best, but I wouldn't call them losers for simply doing such a thing. If anything, there's more passion and love involved in that 5 minute video than there is in the last few records of Bon Jovi.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

There may be passion, but it doesn't mean it's good.

I like the idea- Christ, every song I write is homage to my idols but I just don't think they've executed things well

JoviCrush 12-29-2014 07:31 AM

Bah Humbug to the Scrooges on here trying to knock down a nice gesture. Just sad and pathetic.
There was nothing wrong with their video at all. It was a really cool thing to do.

Lampinen 12-29-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviCrush (Post 1184289)
Bah Humbug to the Scrooges on here trying to knock down a nice gesture. Just sad and pathetic.
There was nothing wrong with their video at all. It was a really cool thing to do.

Hear, hear!