Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Richie Show Cancellations: NYC/ Philadelphia/ Toronto/San Francisco (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=54436)

Captain Walrus 10-17-2012 10:07 PM

Man that sucks. He sounded fine last night as far as I can tell, so that's a pretty fast diagnosis of laryngitis ...

ticos_stick 10-17-2012 10:12 PM

If it was poor ticket sales could he not have downgraded the venues to toilet cubicles?

C'mon Richie, your fan needs you!

daftkast 10-17-2012 10:13 PM

Really find this hard to believe. I really feel for the American audience that had tickets.

Last night I have never seen Richie looking or sounding so well. You could tell he was loving it.

Very strange. Hope he is alright.

Weird how the USA shows were not sold out yet Europe they sell out within minutes. Really never thought that would happen. Would have thought it was the other way round if anything.

aljo 10-17-2012 10:19 PM

I just received an email and I can tell you that I am pissed!!! I've been getting really excited waiting for next week. I can't believe it!! For a moment I thought one of my friends was playing a joke on me with a bogus email. This really, really sucks!!

aljo 10-17-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daftkast (Post 1092555)
Weird how the USA shows were not sold out yet Europe they sell out within minutes. Really never thought that would happen. Would have thought it was the other way round if anything.

i was surprised about this too.

Becky 10-18-2012 12:06 AM

That bites. I'm really sorry for everyone who had made travel plans for the shows, especially those that bought airline tickets.

If it turns out the shows are canceled "due to obligations with the band" then I think it will be safe to assume that it really was due to low ticket sales. Blaming the band would be the best way for him to save face. I really find it hard to believe the sales are that bad considering these are small venues in major markets though.

What a shame for the fans. I hope everyone will get their shows eventually.

SadieLady 10-18-2012 12:12 AM

From his twitter account:
"Hey everyone, really bummed I gotta cancel Philly, NY, and Toronto shows. I blew my throat out. I'll make it up to you guys..."

JoviJovi 10-18-2012 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1092572)
That bites. I'm really sorry for everyone who had made travel plans for the shows, especially those that bought airline tickets.

If it turns out the shows are canceled "due to obligations with the band" then I think it will be safe to assume that it really was due to low ticket sales. Blaming the band would be the best way for him to save face. I really find it hard to believe the sales are that bad considering these are small venues in major markets though.

What a shame for the fans. I hope everyone will get their shows eventually.

These shows are now cxled and not postponed. Refunds are happening automatically and at first you could either get a refund or hold onto the ticket for the future date when they were calling it a "postponement"

Sambo-Chris 10-18-2012 12:16 AM

Luke twittert "postponed", Richie twitter "cancelled".

Richie already had a cold in Amsterdam. Maybe this damaged his throat and voice now.

JoviJovi 10-18-2012 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1092576)
Luke twittert "postponed", Richie twitter "cancelled".

Richie already had a cold in Amsterdam. Maybe this damaged his throat and voice now.

Yes, but from all reports he was in great form last night? Not buying it for a second.