Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Box Set songs "Histories" on BJ.com (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=29839)

Javier 10-27-2010 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1021657)
I

And 1996 - there are songs written in 1996, one with Richie: Someday Just Me Be Tonight and two without - River Runs Dry and I Get Rush - are those demos for DA? I don't think so, they sound like recorded by Bon Jovi and not Big Dogs...

I'm all confused now. Thanks for any help.

as per some interviews that I can't for the life of me find right now, Jon started working on what would become DA even before the These Days tour finished. It is entirely possible that both the band and the big dogs where on had to help with those demo sessions.....

Dave 1986 10-27-2010 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grantos1 (Post 1021774)
I think anything written in 1993 / 94 would be aimed at These days, with the choice of using one or two from Crossroad.

Wasn't aware Jon had planned a third solo album.

Jon's third solo album was originally going to follow straight after Destination Anywhere, but some of the song he'd written were then carried over to the next Bon Jovi album that would be Crush.

yomamasofat 10-27-2010 05:37 AM

Some of those dated 1992... I really doubt it, they are coming out way different than the stuff in KTF. I would guess most of those came from between 1995 to 1999.

This box set remains one of the most solid box sets from a major rock bands ever. Only 'drawbacks' are:
1. The cover
2. Too many songs from 90s and not enough from 80s.

Tom Bon Jovi #29 10-27-2010 09:11 AM

Wow, didn't know that was Joe Perry on Last chance Train. I really like the song, but i guess i never listened close enough to realize it wasnt Richie. seems so obvious now, listening to it again..

Grantos1 07-16-2014 01:35 PM

So did Bonjovi.com ever release a more accurate list of recording dates for the songs?

bonjovi90 07-16-2014 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grantos1 (Post 1180203)
So did Bonjovi.com ever release a more accurate list of recording dates for the songs?

No, only the one that was posted by (I think) Obie not long after the box set's release and that always seemed to be based on assumptions mainly.

nickolai 07-16-2014 05:34 PM

One thing is for sure though is that Outlaws is DEFINITELY 100% cast ironed without a shadow of a doubt from 1992 Keep The Faith demos. It's questionable when Jon sings the low bits but when he springs into the high bits his tone is of that from that era. It's when his voice is changing from the gravely Jersry/Slippery era to a more clear and crisp tone. Also David'd Hammond organ tone isn't the 80s tone that was prevelant in the NJ demos and album.

Someone prove me otherwise but it's deffo 1992.

Lucas_Roli 07-16-2014 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1180211)
One thing is for sure though is that Outlaws is DEFINITELY 100% cast ironed without a shadow of a doubt from 1992 Keep The Faith demos. It's questionable when Jon sings the low bits but when he springs into the high bits his tone is of that from that era. It's when his voice is changing from the gravely Jersry/Slippery era to a more clear and crisp tone. Also David'd Hammond organ tone isn't the 80s tone that was prevelant in the NJ demos and album.

Someone prove me otherwise but it's deffo 1992.

That's exactly what I think,it was probably written and recorded in very early 92,that's why it has some influences from the previous album(NJ) but I think they wanted give the songs from the new album a total different style so the song didn't make it on KTF.

For some reason I always thought that Why Aren't U Dead was from 1992 and Taking it Back from 1994. Oh yeah,wasn't Miss 4th of July written in 1992 but recorded during 2002-2003 or something like that?

Captain_jovi 07-16-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucas_Roli (Post 1180213)
That's exactly what I think,it was probably written and recorded in very early 92,that's why it has some influences from the previous album(NJ) but I think they wanted give the songs from the new album a total different style so the song didn't make it on KTF.

For some reason I always thought that Why Aren't U Dead was from 1992 and Taking it Back from 1994. Oh yeah,wasn't Miss 4th of July written in 1992 but recorded during 2002-2003 or something like that?

I'd put Taking it Back to 1992. Not sure sure where someone said Miss 4th of July is from the 2000s, where did you see that?

Alphavictim 07-16-2014 11:56 PM

Huh? I thought Miss 4th Of July was TD era.

Quick question, though - were the writing sessions for Cross Roads and TD actually two separate ones? Or did they just use whatever tracks they already had for the Greatest Hits release?