Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Jon Bon Jovi & The Kings of Suburbia - New York City, July 19th-21th (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68572)

Sissy3 07-21-2014 10:33 PM

I absolutely did not recognize Bobby from some of the fan pictures posted, it looks like he's followed the Jon route and tossed the hair dye bottle. :D

safi 07-23-2014 09:17 PM

setlist according to backstage:

Every Word Was a Piece of My Heart
With These Two Hands
Welcome To Wherever You Are (request)
Not Running Anymore (request)
Hallelujah (request)
Destination Anywhere
The Fighter
Open All Night
(You want to) Make a Memory
Thick As Thieves
Who Says You Can't Go Home
We Weren't Born To Follow
Living on a Prayer

KSantaFe 07-23-2014 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by safi (Post 1180566)
setlist according to backstage:

Every Word Was a Piece of My Heart
With These Two Hands
Welcome To Wherever You Are (request)
Not Running Anymore (request)
Hallelujah (request)
Destination Anywhere
The Fighter
Open All Night
(You want to) Make a Memory
Thick As Thieves
Who Says You Can't Go Home
We Weren't Born To Follow
Living on a Prayer

Thanks for that. I gotta say the first half of the setlist is pretty interesting. I wonder how WT2H would sound in the acoustic format.

Becky 07-24-2014 12:25 AM

Other than WWBTF, that sounds like a great set. It's nice that he was taking requests. Does anyone know anything about the Q&A?

powernoize 07-25-2014 03:05 AM

found this on a Facebook page, concerning the Q&A:

JON BON JOVI, ON THE FUTURE OF THE BAND: "OBVIOUSLY WE ARE IN A HOLE IN OUR CAREER, OR ALREADY BE ENDED".

On the occasion of the last show of Jon Bon Jovi in New York, held a Fan Club Trip, where they asked Jon many things, but according to attendees, had prohibited any questions in reference to Richie Sambora.

When asked about the future of Bon Jovi, Jon could not be more pessimistic in this respect "we are obviously in a pothole in our career, or already completed". This response obviously sat like a jug of water cold the fans who attended the event, what Jon hastened to add "calm down... is what it is".

These words do not do more to reinforce that the band, with its four members alike, are in a time of uncertainty, not knowing which direction follow, something that also own Richie Sambora has been dropped in past interviews with words like these: "it may be only a rest. It depends not only on me and my state of mind, but they are all equal. We are going to get together at any time, or not, who knows".

The only certainty in this whole subject is that the future of Bon Jovi today is black that ever, which could lead to a sad end that, no doubt, is biggest and best band of all time. 30 great years which, as Jon and Richie, say could be more, or not

KSantaFe 07-25-2014 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powernoize (Post 1180615)
found this on a Facebook page, concerning the Q&A:

JON BON JOVI, ON THE FUTURE OF THE BAND: "OBVIOUSLY WE ARE IN A HOLE IN OUR CAREER, OR ALREADY BE ENDED".

On the occasion of the last show of Jon Bon Jovi in New York, held a Fan Club Trip, where they asked Jon many things, but according to attendees, had prohibited any questions in reference to Richie Sambora.

When asked about the future of Bon Jovi, Jon could not be more pessimistic in this respect "we are obviously in a pothole in our career, or already completed". This response obviously sat like a jug of water cold the fans who attended the event, what Jon hastened to add "calm down... is what it is".

These words do not do more to reinforce that the band, with its four members alike, are in a time of uncertainty, not knowing which direction follow, something that also own Richie Sambora has been dropped in past interviews with words like these: "it may be only a rest. It depends not only on me and my state of mind, but they are all equal. We are going to get together at any time, or not, who knows".

The only certainty in this whole subject is that the future of Bon Jovi today is black that ever, which could lead to a sad end that, no doubt, is biggest and best band of all time. 30 great years which, as Jon and Richie, say could be more, or not

I guess Jon is publicly accepting uncertainty regarding the future of the band (i.e. Jon, Richie, Dave and Tico). That doesn't mean to say that after a few years focusing on solo aspirations, the band can't make amends for their respective errors.

MellyMel 07-25-2014 02:46 PM

That is an odd, but pretty accurate translation. Backstagers said Jon said that the band has been thru some bumps in the road over the years, and this is another bump in the road, or it is over. That makes it sound to me like he wouldn't tour without Richie, but who knows.

Chris_Newton 07-25-2014 05:22 PM

Does not sound good at all.. Can't see them touring again myself.. Such a Damn shame

Kathleen 07-25-2014 06:17 PM

I guess this is the thing that bothers me the most - there is another bump in the road so the band may be over. So is Jon a musician or not. Does he have no music left in him? Surely he can still make music without his lead guitar player.

Christ - Bruce lost 2 band members to death - now THAT is a bump in the road. But he reorganized and put on a 2 year tour that was glorious. Was it the same - no. Were they great shows - YES.

I have said over the years that Jon spreads himself too thin. There is all his charity work, and then there is his love of football. Way down in 3rd place he manages to squeeze in a record that he doesn't even bother supporting by playing his songs.

This band isn't even ending with a bang - it's ending with a whimper :cry:

Supersonic 07-25-2014 06:37 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Newton (Post 1180629)
Does not sound good at all.. Can't see them touring again myself.. Such a Damn shame

Have you heard what he sounds like nowadays? You get a singer who can't sing anymore with a guitar player who's forgotten how to play proper lead guitar. Both can't do a single song by themselves without ****ing up plenty of times, let alone do it together. You've got to be tone deaf to be able to enjoy it.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan