Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Captain_jovi 05-20-2013 06:03 PM

Richie bails the day of the show and Jon is the arrogant ass? You've got Richie so high on your pedestal that basic facts are just passing you by.

Walleris 05-20-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1131048)
Richie bails the day of the show and Jon is the arrogant ass? You've got Richie so high on your pedestal that basic facts are just passing you by.

This.

'I hate how evil Jon is holding Richie's amazing talents down' is another good one.

I just realised you were refering to rolo. I think he was joking based on his previous posts, but it does represent a popular viewpoint here.

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2013 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131046)
I was actually doing the countdown till this kind of posts would start. Give me a break. Jon said what everybody's been saying for 6 weeks on this thread. IF he said it. And we still don't know shit. You kept telling us how we should "WAIT", well, why don't you wait as well before pointing fingers?

I'm still waiting.

Jon has seriously insulted his "brother" Richie and has underrated him as a musician with the comparison of The Edge from U2.

I think this fact deserves a response. Jon has gone too far.

Beaky 05-20-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131046)
I was actually doing the countdown till this kind of posts would start. Give me a break. Jon said what everybody's been saying for 6 weeks on this thread. IF he said it. And we still don't know shit. You kept telling us how we should "WAIT", well, why don't you wait as well before pointing fingers?

I think what he's getting at is that the direction of the band has driven a lot of fans away, it's not just a sense of apathy over the Richie situation. They aren't getting new fans at the rate they used to and they are losing the old ones. As much as people defend the band's output, you can see it on these boards, it's not got enough substance to it to sustain the following they had even just five years ago. I think a lot of this is because Jon has his head up his arse.

I used to mock Bono and U2 for some of their output, taking their fans for granted and releasing sh*t like 'Lemon'... but they listened to their core fanbase and went back to what they do best.

What's left? A great, big, rock 'n' roll show... not anymore. Jon plays guitar on anywhere between 11 and 14 songs per night now and the rest he stands there and strangles the mic stand.

DevilsSon 05-20-2013 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1131048)

Not sure why that upsets you, when, Jon says stuff like The Edge is not replaceable, God forbid, but Richie is. That probably explains the quality of the junk he's been releasing for years and years. Or he must be deaf. Here's a replacement! I would take Bill Bailey over The Edge any day :D

Mysterytrain 05-20-2013 06:19 PM

The Edge comment was insulting, no doubt, but you could also say Jon might have used that comparison to light a fire under Richie; same with the last comment, where he says you either get yourself together and thrive or say "I hate my brother' and leave the band.

It reads to me like a last-ditch effort to get Richie to 'wake up' and, barring that, an ultimatum to stay or to leave. Both are by design imo, to get a response from Richie.

Walleris 05-20-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alessiasambo (Post 1130987)
Another interview where Jon talks about Richie (after slamming Justin Bieber for unprofessional behaviour and disrespecting his fans)

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/ce...s-8623519.html

Bon Jovi come to Hyde Park on July 5 for their gig at the Barclaycard British Summer Time festival, but will be without guitarist Richie Sambora, who has pulled out of their tour.

Jon hinted that the reason may be the same as in 2011, when Sambora missed dates to go into rehab for alcohol abuse.

He said: “It’s getting more and more difficult every day to not just sit here and say something... Because all I can say is this — it’s for personal reasons. He’s been through it before, fortunately for us the same guy who filled in last time was available this time.

“Life goes on, so if someone chooses not to be here... unlike if this were, God forbid, The Edge, and he for some reason couldn’t make a U2 show, [then] it would be very difficult to just step in.

“You have a choice — you either figure it out, go and grow, not only survive but thrive. Or, you say, ‘I hate my brother and I’m gonna quit the band.’ ”

This is sounding just worse and worse. :c

I really hope that The Edge comparison was taken out of context and badly printed. Knowing how Jon speaks in interviews if he actually said that it is similar and Richie would be as hard to replace as The Edge.

However, the rest of the interview is on the spot. As much as I hate this situation, I completely understand Jon being upset with Richie continuing his silence, which does nothing but harm to the rest of the band.

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2013 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1131053)
Not sure why that upsets you, when, Jon says stuff like The Edge is not replaceable, God forbid, but Richie is. That probably explains the quality of the junk he's been releasing for years and years. Or he must be deaf. Here's a replacement! I would take Bill Bailey over The Edge any day :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8dZwXnMrRU

You are the deaf and blind also. Most of the songs are co-written by Richie Sambora, including big hits.

jessycardy 05-20-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1131052)
I think what he's getting at is that the direction of the band has driven a lot of fans away, it's not just a sense of apathy over the Richie situation. They aren't getting new fans at the rate they used to and they are losing the old ones. As much as people defend the band's output, you can see it on these boards, it's not got enough substance to it to sustain the following they had even just five years ago. I think a lot of this is because Jon has his head up his arse.

I used to mock Bono and U2 for some of their output, taking their fans for granted and releasing sh*t like 'Lemon'... but they listened to their core fanbase and went back to what they do best.

What's left? A great, big, rock 'n' roll show... not anymore. Jon plays guitar on anywhere between 11 and 14 songs per night now and the rest he stands there and strangles the mic stand.

This topic's been discussed to death in other threads, but Rolo was referring to Jon's supposed quotes from the last interview.

About what you mentioned, sure, something's definitely broken. I don't know what it is. At the end of the day, I like their latest efforts. But even those of us that like them still long for that passion, those solos or whatever. And yeah, they're surely not getting any new fanbase, but the big problem is they're losing some of the die-hards. I don't know what the "Richie thing" is all about, but it'll probably lead to some big changes, 'cause this wound is really getting so bad that it will leave a scar.

DevilsSon 05-20-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1131057)
You are the deaf and blind also. Most of the songs are co-written by Richie Sambora, including big hits.

Dude! Read again what I wrote. Put it in Google Translate needed be and then start insulting people.