Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Bill23 05-20-2013 06:37 PM

This could get good if Richie returns fire at Jon. Balls clearly in his court.

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2013 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1131063)
Dude! Read again what I wrote. Put it in Google Translate needed be and then start insulting people.

Sorry, you was referring to Jon. Sorry.

MrNickel 05-20-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1131056)
I really hope that The Edge comparison was taken out of context and badly printed. Knowing how Jon speaks in interviews if he actually said that it is similar and Richie would be as hard to replace as The Edge.

I don't think its out of context. Jon has said several times recently that Phil X was there to replace Richie and he sounded just as good.

Beaky 05-20-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131062)
This topic's been discussed to death in other threads, but Rolo was referring to Jon's supposed quotes from the last interview.

To be fair, if being 'discussed to death' was a reason not to post something... this entire thread would have stopped a LONG time ago...

Also, as a fan of the new stuff, you should surely be used to hearing the same stuff over and over again, just with a slightly different words ;)

You'll notice I didn't think that was what Rolo meant, hence my comment. Easily done. Just trying to stick up for him before the Pro-Jon's tear him to shreds.

MrNickel 05-20-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1131066)
This could get good if Richie returns fire at Jon. Balls clearly in his court.

Richie has no balls these days.

I'm starting to think there is no proper reason for him not being there, which is why they label it personal. He simply doesn't want to be there anymore.

_TxIkI_ 05-20-2013 06:47 PM

And now Im asking to myself.... what about all the stuff that Obie said in the last few shows? Did he lie? Was this interview made a long time ago and was written now?

I dont know what to think, this all seems wrong

Walleris 05-20-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1131069)
I don't think its out of context. Jon has said several times recently that Phil X was there to replace Richie and he sounded just as good.

Yes, but what do you expect him to say instead? "The shows have suffered greatly, Richie's replacement struggles on several songs and his backing vocals are nowhere near Richie's". Those press conferences are aimed at casual fans, who wouldn't feel the difference anyway. Jon would always add him how they miss Richie ''very much". UNTIL THE EDGE REFERENCE he did sound very supportive.

Slakk 05-20-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1131007)
If Jon actually thought Richie was replacable, he would have fired him. Instead, he is basically begging for Richie to return by calling him out in interviews. It's like he is daring Richie to respond. Pretty sad that they're only communicating through interviews. Jon keeps saying they didn't have a fight, but both of their behaviours prove otherwise. Actions speak louder than words.

This +100000000000000

I think Richie is in a bad place man made or whatever and being called out. If Jon wanted to fire him he would have done so. I mean any other band would fire a guy who has bailed this many times.

Everyone else grew up, seems Richie may be gone permanently soon.

jessycardy 05-20-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1131070)
To be fair, if being 'discussed to death' was a reason not to post something... this entire thread would have stopped a LONG time ago...

Also, as a fan of the new stuff, you should surely be used to hearing the same stuff over and over again, just with a slightly different words ;)

You'll notice I didn't think that was what Rolo meant, hence my comment. Easily done. Just trying to stick up for him before the Pro-Jon's tear him to shreds.

Woah, slow down here. LOL

I didn't say that a topic being discussed to death is not worth discussing, I was just saying the whole old vs. new has been discussed elsewhere, I think it's got its own thread as well. And that's absolutely not to say it's not okay/worth/appropriate to discuss it here as well, I was just making the point that Rolo was talking about the interview. And he even confirmed it in his next post.

I'm not sure defining me a fan of the new stuff is appropriate. It almost sounds like I prefer the new stuff over the old one, I don't. I just don't mind the new stuff. Would I jump up and down in excitement if they brought some of the old passion to their new stuff? You can bet on it. Do I miss it somehow? Sure. Do I hate the latest releases? Not at all.

Also, my point to Rolo was exactly that: why should there be "pro-Jon" or "pro-Richie" about this, before we even know anything? I say, let's judge the facts. Unfortunately, we don't have many of those so far.

Kathleen 05-20-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1131083)

Also, my point to Rolo was exactly that: why should there be "pro-Jon" or "pro-Richie" about this, before we even know anything? I say, let's judge the facts. Unfortunately, we don't have many of those so far.

The facts are that Richie bailed on a tour with a few hours notice to his "brothers". Additional facts are that this is not the first time.

Jon is not to blame here - at least not professionally. None of us know what has gone on behind the scenes.

And yes - I think Jon is frustrated and is starting to lash out hoping to get a reaction out of Richie. Keep in mind that the rest of the band (not just Jon) is paying for Richie's behavior.