Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

TheseDaysEra 04-19-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1123156)
Aloha !

Yeah, and every single man in his forties is an alcoholic, right? What a load of bullshit. If you want to go speculate about why Richie's not involved, go back to page whateverthe****. The rest of us are all long past that, get with the times. :p

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

no, not every man in his forties is an alcoholic. Not every man is Richie Sambora. Plus, he's in this early 50s. I'm not speculating about anything, I'm actually saying we SHOULDN'T speculate.
oh and you REALLY think I ever bother going through ALL the pages ? People in this board become quite agitated and, in a way, offended whenever we start a new thread about a similar subject that has been covered in other thread. they don't seem bothered that one thread in particular is 160 odd pages long. I'm wondering if any loser goes through all the pages.

I'm starting to understand why so many people have a bit of a beef with you Seb.

Supersonic 04-19-2013 01:53 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1123174)
no, not every man in his forties is an alcoholic. Not every man is Richie Sambora. Plus, he's in this early 50s. I'm not speculating about anything, I'm actually saying we SHOULDN'T speculate.
oh and you REALLY think I ever bother going through ALL the pages ? People in this board become quite agitated and, in a way, offended whenever we start a new thread about a similar subject that has been covered in other thread. they don't seem bothered that one thread in particular is 160 odd pages long. I'm wondering if any loser goes through all the pages.

I'm starting to understand why so many people have a bit of a beef with you Seb.

I felt the fact that this topic is over 150 pages long was actually enough indication for you how it was supposed to be a joke, then I added a ":p" to make things clear enough and yet you're still not picking up on how I was taking the piss? If that makes you understand why people have a bit of beef with me over things like that I reckon you ought to wonder if they're not a little bit too uptight about things posted on a message board. But I hereby promise you I will never make a joke to you again.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

jdanielross 04-19-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1123142)
New article from page six:
Don’t hold your breath for a Richie Sambora- Jon Bon Jovi reunion, but, according to sources, “[Richie] Sambora’s trying to rejoin the band for their gig tonight] in LA,” The Post’s Richard Johnson reports.“He lives in LA, and his friends and industry big shots will be there. Clearly, the man is out of his mind." Sambora left the band April 2, citing a “personal matter,” and Bon Jovi told an audience that Sambora “won’t be performing for a while.” A source elaborated, “Richie missed many rehearsals, then he missed the plane.” Reports said that Sambora, who’s been through rehab three times, is partying too much in Bon Jovi’s eyes. But Bon Jovi denies any feud. Lead guitar’s being played by Phil X, who’s stepped in for Sambora before.
http://m.nypost.com/p/pagesix/with_t...source=dlvr.it

Even though it's the NYP and you have to take it with a large grain of salt, this theory actually makes the most sense to me (the only curious thing being why no one has seen RS during his absence).

There was the early remark that he missed soundcheck to watch a game and his tweets about getting ready to go back on the road then a sudden absence leads me to believe he was being stupid and missed his flight (hence the game-day MIA in Calgary) which may have led to JBJ "suspending" him for a leg (heck, Phil X filled in once, he can do it again, right?).

Also, if this is all true, RS probably believes he is fine (and not "partying too much") - hence, the tweets saying he is OK but using "personal reasons" to save face.

Any way you slice it, things are troubled in BJ Land.

JON4EVA 04-19-2013 03:33 PM

I have to say, I think Richie's latest tweet is just insulting rather than anything else. Whatever his reasons are, even if they're not his fault, he could at least offer some form of apology to his fans who he must know are really disappointed, or show some indication that he's trying to be back asap.

His continued silence on the rumours also seems to make it more likely that they're true.

MrIks from Finland 04-19-2013 03:42 PM

But as we know the biggest problem still is that i cannot even sell my ticket cause the show im about to attend is not sold out!

Bounce7800 04-19-2013 04:08 PM

Whether there's any truth to that article or not, its more than likely true that Richie wouldn't be able to just roll up and slot back in for the L.A gig at the last minute and would probably need a bit of rehearsal time for Jon and the band to be sure that he is ready to go with the sets and songs being played, especially if the problems could impair any of his playing.

LeaJovi 04-19-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1123188)
Whether there's any truth to that article or not, its more than likely true that Richie wouldn't be able to just roll up and slot back in for the L.A gig at the last minute and would probably need a bit of rehearsal time for Jon and the band to be sure that he is ready to go with the sets and songs being played, especially if the problems could impair any of his playing.

Richie would need rehearsal? For what? For the 20 same old songs they play every night? I don't think so, he could improvise all over the solos he doesn't remember and it would be fine.

Also, your pic is creepy :D

Bounce7800 04-19-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1123190)

Also, your pic is creepy :D

http://themandibleclaw.files.wordpre...3/fandango.gif

samboraisgodUK 04-19-2013 06:04 PM

http://richiesambora.com/tour-dates/

Well what do we make of this then?

Kathleen 04-19-2013 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1123190)
Richie would need rehearsal? For what? For the 20 same old songs they play every night? I don't think so, he could improvise all over the solos he doesn't remember and it would be fine.

Yeah, I tend to agree with this. But it does seem as if many outside sources are converging. There appears to be a problem between Jon and Richie and I would vote for it being the alcohol. Money problems just don't add up.

And I remember reading something (a million years ago) about Tico getting kicked out of his previous band for being drunk. At the time Jon told him that if he ever fell off his drum kit drunk again he was out.

So it wouldn't surprise me if Jon thought alcohol was a problem with Richie's performances. Though honestly, I didn't see a problem at the beginning of this tour.

idbl_fanatic 04-19-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1123193)

Well what do we make of this then?

hmmmmmmm.......................I can tell you there was nothing there a few days ago, because I looked. I hope this is true.

Sambo-Chris 04-19-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1123195)
hmmmmmmm.......................

The Dates just never got deleted.

samboraisgodUK 04-19-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1123195)
I can tell you there was nothing there a few days ago, because I looked. I hope this is true.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1123197)

WELL WHICH IS IT?

idbl_fanatic 04-19-2013 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1123197)

No, I looked the other day, and there was NOTHING on there for dates

Supersonic 04-19-2013 06:17 PM

Aloha !

Richie has been scheduled to return in Los Angeles for quite some time, it's just never been confirmed by any party because of it not being 100% possible to sort things out by then. Remember how Phil X originally posted the dates for his shows and had left out the last 4 shows of this leg as well?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Sambo-Chris 04-19-2013 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1123200)
Aloha !

Richie has been scheduled to return in Los Angeles for quite some time, it's just never been confirmed by any party because of it not being 100% possible to sort things out by then. Remember how Phil X originally posted the dates for his shows and had left out the last 4 shows of this leg as well?

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

The last Dates were there on his Homepage before all Dates got deleted.

schlochty 04-19-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanielross (Post 1123180)
There was the early remark that he missed soundcheck to watch a game and his tweets about getting ready to go back on the road then a sudden absence leads me to believe he was being stupid and missed his flight (hence the game-day MIA in Calgary) which may have led to JBJ "suspending" him for a leg (heck, Phil X filled in once, he can do it again, right?).

Somebody of Richie's status would easily be able to charter a privat plane within minutes therefore making it to Calgary on time and not missing the show.

Sambo-Chris 04-19-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schlochty (Post 1123206)
Somebody of Richie's status would easily be able to charter a privat plane within minutes therefore making it to Calgary on time and not missing the show.

At least he wouldn't miss 2 weeks of the tour because of one missed flight.

Bounce7800 04-19-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanielross (Post 1123180)

Jon may be the boss, but I can't see him suspending RS as a punishment as it would punish the fans more than anything. I think that ones a non-starter

Crushgen24/88 04-19-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1123191)

Fan

Dan

GO.

ChaChaLaLa

Kryten2340 04-19-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1123211)
Fan

Dan

GO.

ChaChaLaLa

Can't believe that almost got into the UK iTunes top 10.

Bounce7800 04-19-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1123211)
Fan

Dan

GO.

ChaChaLaLa

No, its Faaaahhhhhh, Daaaannnnn, Goooooooo...

Breath the A's :p

Made No.44, so annoyed it missed the top 40 by about 200 sales :(

I'll be Fandangoing hard on Monday night!

Walkerboy 04-19-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1123212)
Can't believe that almost got into the UK iTunes top 10.

Funniest thing is that WWE are making out that it's the US fans that are behind all the singing of the theme - yet it's blatant that last week's RAW was full of UK fans doing what UK fans do..... cos it's similar to Strictly theme.
If it wasn't for the UK fans, this guy and his persona would be dead in the water

Anyway, I digress.........

Bounce7800 04-19-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1123214)
Funniest thing is that WWE are making out that it's the US fans that are behind all the singing of the theme - yet it's blatant that last week's RAW was full of UK fans doing what UK fans do..... cos it's similar to Strictly theme.
If it wasn't for the UK fans, this guy and his persona would be dead in the water

No lets not digress, its the logical next move for the thread to start Fandangoing

I'll be at ringside giving it plenty on Monday & Tuesday at The O2. God help what I'll look like on telly.

Kryten2340 04-19-2013 08:50 PM

It would be good to see Ziggler's music in the chart.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-19-2013 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1123216)
No lets not digress, its the logical next move for the thread to start Fandangoing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDyUj-G2ymM

I'll be at ringside giving it plenty on Monday & Tuesday at The O2. God help what I'll look like on telly.

And this thread has reached new hights! :rolleyes:

Kryten2340 04-19-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1123216)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDyUj-G2ymM

It could be the new entrance music for when the band comes to the stage.

DestinationJovi 04-19-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1123194)
So it wouldn't surprise me if Jon thought alcohol was a problem with Richie's performances. Though honestly, I didn't see a problem at the beginning of this tour.

Neither did I. At the 2007 Unplugged show they had to play Wanted three times because Richie was such a drunken mess and even then they ended up cutting it from the broadcast. Bon Jovi's national anthem not included in the airing because of Richie's performance. The writing was on the wall then, it didn't seem to be this time. I thought Richie was at the top of his game at the beginning of this tour. It just doesn't add up to me.

TheseDaysEra 04-19-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1123175)
Aloha !

I felt the fact that this topic is over 150 pages long was actually enough indication for you how it was supposed to be a joke, then I added a ":p" to make things clear enough and yet you're still not picking up on how I was taking the piss? If that makes you understand why people have a bit of beef with me over things like that I reckon you ought to wonder if they're not a little bit too uptight about things posted on a message board. But I hereby promise you I will never make a joke to you again.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

I wasn't THAT serious but fine. perhaps I forgot to add the :) like you do. lol.

schlochty 04-19-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1123239)
I thought Richie was at the top of his game at the beginning of this tour. It just doesn't add up to me.

I completely agree. While Richie's playing was not what it used to be in the 90s, and he did have his number of screw-ups, he was on a level he hadn't reached in years. The only slight indication for problems was that he put on a bit of weight during the first weeks of the tour (which could have just been down to him being lazy and not getting his ass in the gym).

You gotta love how nobody has the slightest clue as to what's going on though.

MrNickel 04-20-2013 12:10 AM

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s...ps4c036ab7.png

CKatz 04-20-2013 03:30 AM

http://rumorfix.com/2013/04/richie-s...eal-exclusive/

CKatz 04-20-2013 03:37 AM

New Rumorfix article:
Insiders and Bon Jovi fans were hoping that Richie Sambora and Jon Bon Jovi resolved their dispute by now so that the guitarist could appear before a sold-out Staples Center Friday. But, RumorFix has learned exclusively Richie will not take the stage. He's upset with the situation,” a source close to Richie tells us. “He’s been in secret talks with Jon and they couldn’t come to terms in time for tonight’s concert.” We’re told, “He feels bad for the fans. He would have loved to be there in his hometown. He is genuinely upset.” He has told close friends, “I am Bon Jovi, of course, I will be back!”
http://rumorfix.com/2013/04/richie-s...eal-exclusive/

Mysterytrain 04-20-2013 03:49 AM

Also, on Richie's official Webpage, tonight's concert date is gone but April 20 and the other dates are still listed. Wonder if they did that because the show is tonight, or if it's because they know for sure Richie won't be there:

EDIT: The April 19 date with the 'buy tickets' link is still on the Bon Jovi official site:

http://live.bonjovi.com/tour

Crushgen24/88 04-20-2013 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1123214)

The persona yeah. Jonny Curtis is going to be around for a long time though.
Also, I had no idea there were so many wrestling fans on here.

rolo_tomachi 04-20-2013 01:26 PM

Richie Sambora does not return, and speculation continuing. Get to the 200 pages of this post.

Neurotica80 04-20-2013 03:15 PM

So we at least can establish that Matt BJ is a lying prick then?!

CKatz 04-20-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1123461)

Wouldn't be the first time he lied. He said banners distracted the band, but at a recent show Jon thanked a fan for a banner... (and we know Richie was surprised by this new "rule" and said he loves banners).

jublke 04-20-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1123466)
Wouldn't be the first time he lied. He said banners distracted the band, but at a recent show Jon thanked a fan for a banner... (and we know Richie was surprised by this new "rule" and said he loves banners).

Aha! So it's time for a new (completely bogus) conspiracy theory then:

The secret behind Richie Sambora's departure from Bon Jovi's recent tour can finally be revealed! Sambora does have a personal issue - with Jon Bon Jovi's brother Matt.

Sambora took a stand against what he says are Co-Chief Executive Officer Matthew Bongiovi's unreasonable rules. "He's a tyrant!" Sambora fumed. "I'm not returning to the tour until he's out of there. I want those banners back!"

Sources say Jon Bon Jovi's loyalties are torn. "How can I choose between my brother and my brother in arms?" he reportedly sobbed to his wife Dorothea. "And I miss those banners, too. The fan love I receive from them is vocal magic. I can't hit the high notes without them."

Calls to the Bon Jovi camp were summarily dismissed. "The fans only need to know what I tell them," said Bongiovi. "Take it or leave it."

jublke

danfan 04-20-2013 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1123461)

Who didn't know that?