Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Jim Bon Jovi 04-04-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1119732)
So it was money, it's always money.

That's for all the people that said that they didn't do it for the money now because they had so much, that they were into it for "the music".

Lol.

????

Is this still from the TMZ article or has something else come out?

If TMZ said the sky was blue I'd still look out the window to make sure.

I'll be astounded if this has got anything to do with money but if it does Richie can go and **** himself.

The fans and the band have stood by him through so much shit (most of it by his own doing) these past few years and to shit over them for the sake of dough when the wolves aren't exactly at his door would be a disgusting move on his part and undo all of the goodwill and respect millions of fans across the world have had for him over the past 30 years.

Javier 04-04-2013 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 1119734)
????

Is this still from the TMZ article or has something else come out?

If TMZ said the sky was blue I'd still look out the window to make sure.

I'll be astounded if this has got anything to do with money but if it does Richie can go and **** himself.

The fans and the band have stood by him through so much shit (most of it by his own doing) these past few years and to shit over them for the sake of dough when the wolves aren't exactly at his door would be a disgusting move on his part and undo all of the goodwill and respect millions of fans across the world have had for him over the past 30 years.

And wouldn't he know exactly how much he would be earning for each show BEFORE the tour started?? It all screams bullshit to me, but if it is indeed true, it makes Richie a childish greedy idiot, which he is not.

danfan 04-04-2013 05:22 PM

Maybe Richie realized how hot his daughter is so he's staying in LA to protect her from Charlie Sheen.

RonJovi 04-04-2013 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119737)
Maybe Richie realized how hot his daughter is so he's staying in LA to protect her from Charlie Sheen.

Haha too true. She's gonna be a stunner. If Richie has any sense, he'll lock her in her room and stand guard until she's 30.

idbl_fanatic 04-04-2013 05:43 PM

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 2m

The internal vibe has never been better. All is FINE. just simple personal things Richie has to take care of. Really simple actually.

wichi850262 04-04-2013 05:47 PM

Until I hear it from the horse's mouth, this whole Richie quitting malarcky is rubbish news to me....

If he has, then I personally would welcome the news. Maybe then JBJ will wake up to the fact that they need to change direction and stop pumping out songs that don't really involve Richie anymore. Just my personal opinion. Actually I don't know if Richie also influences the course their music is taking?

And I also prefer his solo work to the band's efforts. Ever since Undiscovered Soul. At least when he's doing his own stuff, he's seemingly doing it from the heart and love for music. Again my personal opinion, and I'm not sure if this is actually true.

Mysterytrain 04-04-2013 06:01 PM

I agree about Richie's solo music versus that of the band:

With Richie, I feel he is writing from a personal place, digging deep and sharing of himself with his songs--more confessional.

With the band's music, I feel that the lyrical standpoint has become more impersonal and observational over the years.

LeaJovi 04-04-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1119742)
Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 2m

The internal vibe has never been better. All is FINE. just simple personal things Richie has to take care of. Really simple actually.

It's money then, this confirms it :(

What a tool this Matt.

Living_on_my_Hair 04-04-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1119746)
It's money then, this confirms it :(

What a tool this Matt.

How does that confirm anything, you tool. You and Matt would make a great couple.

Andi

RonJovi 04-04-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1119745)
I agree about Richie's solo music versus that of the band:

With Richie, I feel he is writing from a personal place, digging deep and sharing of himself with his songs--more confessional.

With the band's music, I feel that the lyrical standpoint has become more impersonal and observational over the years.

I agree but to be fair, with the stuff Jon writes solo, it's not the standard "believe in yourself, get up off your knees, live your life" garbage. Stuff like Not Running Anymore and The Fighter (love 'em or hate 'em) seem to have a bit of thought and originality behind them.

It's only when Bon Jovi come together as a band that we get complete cliched nonsense.