Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Walkerboy 05-23-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1132556)
On the German page spiegel.de there is an interview with Jon and in the last part the interviewer asks him (after talking about songwriting, investments, his peers etc.):

Q: And how long will you keep on doing this? I mean your guitarist Richie Sambora just left the band.

Jon: I also think it won't go on much longer with us. Sure, my management doesn't like that but I recently thought: Guys, we're at a point where Eric Clapton or Elton John used to be as well. I don't mean that they are still good musicians, but I guess we reached our cruising altitude. Could be that we're on our way towards the descent. For sure I'd still enjoy earning more money but doing this job when being 70, like the Stones, I really don't want to do that.

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/d...-a-901048.html

That's just a re-worded answer to replace the "we don't want to be touring as a nostalgia act" answer that existed for the last 5 years..... Wouldn't read into it too much.

CKatz 05-23-2013 12:17 PM

"For sure I'd like to still be earning more money..."
Good to see you got your priorities straight, Jon. :rolleyes:
Who cares about making good quality music, as long as you can tour and make more cash!
I think Richie leaving the tour/band is a blessing in disguise.

jovigirloz 05-23-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1132564)

I do not want an ending without Richie Sambora in this story.

This ^^^ :(

crashed 05-23-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1132567)
"For sure I'd like to still be earning more money..."
Good to see you got your priorities straight, Jon. :rolleyes:
Who cares about making good quality music, as long as you can tour and make more cash!
I think Richie leaving the tour/band is a blessing in disguise.

Wrong band if you think they were in this for the art.

The Rock 05-23-2013 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1132564)

I do not want an ending without Richie Sambora in this story.

My sentiments exactly:( The end should have come with Jon, Richie, David and Tico. Those four guys (with Alec) started this thing, those four guys end it. I'm pass the point of blame and whose at fault but it wasn't suppose to end like this.

MrNickel 05-23-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1132570)
Wrong band if you think they were in this for the art.

You were saying :D

http://www.drummerworld.com/pics/dru...t-Portrait.jpg

Slakk 05-23-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SadieLady (Post 1132511)
I know that Jon is the founder, lead singer and CEO of Bon Jovi but I am beginning to think the only way this will be resolved is for Dave, Tico, JBJ Management, Promoters and the record company to tell Jon in no uncertain terms to "fix this and fix this now." It is great that Jon wants to carry on but the band is losing fans because of this and Bon Jovi can't afford to lose any what with the already declining music sales and concert sales in their market. If they are going to continue to act as children, maybe Jon and Richie's moms should get involved:D

How do we know Dave, Tico, JBJ Promoters etc don't agree with Jon? The only one acting like a child is Richie - he abandoned his employer in the middle of a contract. He caused a lot of people (100 road personnel, the Band) issues with his actions.

I mean if Jon were as big an jackass (and OMG I am defending him and he is my least favorite member of BJ shoot me now) then none of these guys would be sticking together with him for thirty years. The one thing that I do see happening that is cool is Tico and Dave getting more limelight. Dave is carrying a bigger role with Richie gone and it is interesting how they have just stepped up.

Again my bigger issue is walking out of a tour - a tour right after you bailed before. I reeks of narcissism. I think Richie reads his press that there is no band without him and now Jon is digging in and showing him they can go on. Even if it was one fan in a stadium he is going to play.

rolo_tomachi 05-23-2013 12:59 PM

He believed that love would win the battle, but won the hatred.

About Tico. He not participate in the last Album, John Shanks fill his parts. Tico did not want to join as soon in the record WAN. Now he only thinks about retirement.

CharlieShipley 05-23-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1132577)
He believed that love would win the battle, but won the hatred.

About Tico. He not participate in the last Album, John Shanks fill his parts. Tico did not want to join as soon in the record WAN. Now he only thinks about retirement.

Are you serious? No Tico on WAN? Where is this from?

Beaky 05-23-2013 01:02 PM

Jon won't forgive Richie now. The negative publicity, the ticket sales issues etc... Richie's hissy fit has given Jon a convenient peg to hang the downfall of the band on...