Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

CKatz 04-25-2013 05:09 PM

Is it just me, or does this sound like Richie will be attending the Golden Heart Awards for the Midnight Mission on May 6?
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=9BRqH...%3D9BRqHeAXuis

CKatz 04-25-2013 05:15 PM

Ava just posted a keek video with Richie in it. He drove his daughter to school today.

idbl_fanatic 04-25-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1124454)
Ava just posted a keek video with Richie in it.

Where??????

CKatz 04-25-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1124455)
Where??????

Account:
http://www.keek.com/avasambora6

Video I'm talking about:
http://www.keek.com/!BbGPbab

JoviJovi 04-25-2013 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1124456)

Well, I guess rehab can be crossed off the theory list.

jdanielross 04-25-2013 05:47 PM

I feel like a creeper visiting that link for literally half a second of Richie driving a car. :(

I guess I'm going to have to be OK with the statement "personal reasons." I just can't help but feeling that this is the end for the band (hope I'm wrong).

jon-flp 04-25-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1124457)
Well, I guess rehab can be crossed off the theory list.

Yeah...and then we got more space to anothers "amazing" theories. :p

Or, maybe Ava went to get him in the rehab.

bonjovi90 04-25-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jon-flp (Post 1124459)
Yeah...and then we got more space to anothers "amazing" theories. :p

Or, maybe Ava went to get him in the rehab.

That would explain the expression on his face :D

peewee 04-25-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanielross (Post 1124458)
I feel like a creeper visiting that link for literally half a second of Richie driving a car. :(

I guess I'm going to have to be OK with the statement "personal reasons." I just can't help but feeling that this is the end for the band (hope I'm wrong).

It's kind of funny how I actually thought a few hours ago that the end for the band should be good news. I'm as fan as anyone here but they really need a LONG break. When they feel like a band again (not having nor accepting Jon as a CEO) then it might be the right time to come back. That's not breaking news since most of you think the same way right?

JoviJovi 04-25-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1124461)
That would explain the expression on his face :D

I think that look is directly related to Taylor Swift blasting in his car. :)

Lindy 04-25-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1124463)

I was thinking the same think, I know I'd have that bloody look:rolleyes:

jon-flp 04-25-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1124463)

For sure! Way better explanation...:D

Walkerboy 04-25-2013 06:23 PM

Am I the only one thinking the camera was going to turn to Richie and have him do the scream????? Would have been funny as hell!!

I think we can definitely rule out rehab/illness/surgery though

efiste2 04-25-2013 06:45 PM

This throws a curved ball alright......Ava looks happy, but Richie looks lke someone just shot his dog ;)

Has he BEEN in Re-hab, is he taking a few days out ready for the return to the tour, or has he indeed decided enoughs enough and made the decision to quit....was this video taken very recently or could it be a diversion.
Whatever is going on we DESERVE an explanation!!!!!!! :(

efiste2 04-25-2013 06:48 PM

does anyone else think that the way she is smirking then points the camera to Richie, that she is taking the p#ss out of us fans, or gloating that she knows whats going on and millions of us are being left to hang out there!!!!

JoviJovi 04-25-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1124469)
does anyone else think that the way she is smirking then points the camera to Richie, that she is taking the p#ss out of us fans, or gloating that she knows whats going on and millions of us are being left to hang out there!!!!

I think that's a lot of reading into it. I don't think Avas moves are with Bon Jovi fans in mind.

jdanielross 04-25-2013 07:00 PM

I'm sure she probably doesn't listen to Bon Jovi all that much, if at all. Most teenagers don't these days.

LeaJovi 04-25-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1124456)
Video I'm talking about:
http://www.keek.com/!BbGPbab

Richie digging that shit, probably gonna inspire his next record.

LeaJovi 04-25-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1124469)

You are absolutely right. There was no need to show Richie but she did because she knows we want to know. I will add all her high school friends and question them.

She probably hated that German shepherd too.

Kryten2340 04-25-2013 07:10 PM

Could it not be that he is returning tonight if he's out and about? LA and San Jose are in the same state after all.

JoviJovi 04-25-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1124474)
Could it not be that he is returning tonight if he's out and about? LA and San Jose are in the same state after all.

Well, LA and LA are the same city and he wasn't there. Suppose it could be, but wouldn't hold my breath.

Lyn Wo 04-25-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1124472)

If so that would be more inspiration than WAN is offering up to other artists!

Kathleen 04-25-2013 07:43 PM

As a parent myself I really dislike the fact that Ava winds up in the middle of this. She shouldn't have that responsibility at her age - it's just not fair.

That said - this has gone far enough and Jon or Richie really should give us a decent explanation. We don't need to know the private details, just the details that concern the band and when and where (or IF) Richie is returning.

Sambo-Chris 04-25-2013 07:43 PM

Looks bad for South Africa. According to this he is in L.A. on May 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9BRqHeAXuis

RonJovi 04-25-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1124480)
As a parent myself I really dislike the fact that Ava winds up in the middle of this. She shouldn't have that responsibility at her age - it's just not fair.

That said - this has gone far enough and Jon or Richie really should give us a decent explanation. We don't need to know the private details, just the details that concern the band and when and where (or IF) Richie is returning.

Have to agee. Ava is getting a lot of people watching her because of her dad and she's a good looking girl who is only 15.

Richie shouldn't be inviting that sort of attention for her. Unless someone's privacy is being protected for very good reason, he has to make a statement for everyone's sake.

Walkerboy 04-25-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1124481)
Looks bad for South Africa. According to this he is in L.A. on May 6.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=9BRqHeAXuis

It says he's an honourary chair of the organisation, doesn't say he'll be at the event.

jbjhand 04-25-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1124472)

absolutely pissing myself :)

jovifan93 04-25-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1124445)
Pinch of salt... bag of lime... you've heard it too, haven't you?

Pinch of salt... bag of lime... grain of sand? Maybe buried under a "ROCK, not just another grain of sand"? :-D

jovifan93 04-25-2013 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1124484)
It says he's an honourary chair of the organisation, doesn't say he'll be at the event.

Even if he was, I don't know how long the flight from L.A. to South Africa is, but the tour starts on the 7th, not the 6th, so I think it could be done, though probably with a bit of jetlag ;-)

nikos greece 04-25-2013 07:53 PM

the whole thing has turned into a total disaster for everyone involved...after all these days, the love, the plans and the money involved we deserve to know whtas going on...jons answer doesnt satisfy me at all...we dont want a diplomatic answer with half the truth...we deserve to know when richie will be back, and if they cant answer this then may be sth more specific than its personal but richie doing solo appearences...
if this the end of the band as we know it, it would be so sad and ironic

Rumen 04-25-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1124468)
This throws a curved ball alright......Ava looks happy, but Richie looks lke someone just shot his dog ;)

Ah, the good ol' times! Richie and Hector 1998:

http://imageshack.us/a/img10/5426/richiesamborasdog.jpg

RIP Hector! Gone, But Not Forgotten!

bjcrazycpa 04-25-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1124489)
the whole thing has turned into a total disaster for everyone involved...after all these days, the love, the plans and the money involved we deserve to know whtas going on...jons answer doesnt satisfy me at all...we dont want a diplomatic answer with half the truth...we deserve to know when richie will be back, and if they cant answer this then may be sth more specific than its personal but richie doing solo appearences...
if this the end of the band as we know it, it would be so sad and ironic

The thing is, I believe they are waiting on Richie! He needs to decide what he wants to tell and when to tell it.

Lindy 04-25-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1124492)
Scroll down- is the richie picture from April 4th? He looks great.

https://www.facebook.com/TheMidnightMission

Actually that pic was taken in 2012.

Bill23 04-25-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1124484)

http://www.midnightmission.org/pressreleases/GHAPR4.pdf

No Richie mention.

Confirmed special guests include Dick Van Dyke, Ryan Seacrest’s KIIS FM co-host Ellen K,
Actor/Writer/Director Mike Binder, “Last Man Standing” actor Nancy Travis, “Real
Housewives of Beverly Hills” Yolanda Foster, Model/Actress Gigi Hadid, KLOS Radio
Personality Gary Moore, Councilmember Jose Huizar, Councilmember Jan Perry, The
Honorable Superior Court Judge Craig Mitchell and many more.

Crushgen24/88 04-25-2013 08:24 PM

I know I said this like 100 pages ago, but Bon Jovi fans following Ava Sambora on social media feeds in the one of the creepiest things I've ever seen.

heart&dagger 04-25-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanielross (Post 1124458)

Sweet car, huh?

Personally, I think Ava was just having a bit of fun, as any teenager would do, but I also think the sneak peek at her Dad, was intentional, to show everyone he is "ok". R did not look "happy" though. He looked rather pensive, upset, like he had a load of crap on his shoulders...

I haven't ever heard her speak or sing before. Perhaps, she was killing two birds with one stone...trying to lighten up her Dad's mood, and trying to show everyone else he was "ok".

Smart young woman, imo.

heart&dagger 04-25-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1124495)
The thing is, I believe they are waiting on Richie! He needs to decide what he wants to tell and when to tell it.

Most definitely...

ezearis 04-25-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart†1124501
Sweet car, huh?

Personally, I think Ava was just having a bit of fun, as any teenager would do, but I also think the sneak peek at her Dad, was intentional, to show everyone he is "ok". R did not look "happy" though. He looked rather pensive, upset, like he had a load of crap on his shoulders...

I haven't ever heard her speak or sing before. Perhaps, she was killing two birds with one stone...trying to lighten up her Dad's mood, and trying to show everyone else he was "ok".

Smart young woman, imo.

I have the same face when my cousins are singin' pop songs while I'm driving.

Bill23 04-25-2013 09:07 PM

Richie pre BWC tour interview- he sounds/looks great just a few months ago.

*"bands are about compromise"
*"the Stones are our benchmark...we'll be here for a long time"

Beaky 04-25-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1124495)

I think you're right and I think the reason 'the organisation' states that the issue is simple and the issue is personal to Richie is in fact because it is a falling out but it's one sided.

We've discussed why it's probably not rehab or family issues already (many, many times) and yes, this is speculating but my feeling is that Richie has grown a pair. I honestly think this is how it's unfolded...

(BE WARNED - ANYONE WHO FINDS SPECULATION ABOUT THIS BAND A BIT UPSETTING, LOOK AWAY NOW OTHERWISE YOU MIGHT CRY)

1. Richie wanted to keep pushing his record, he believed in it and feels the job is only half done. Leaving it at this stage feels all wrong to him.

2. He feels the exact opposite about the Bon Jovi record. He didn't show up to rehearsal in London, his involvement was minimal, it wasn't made in the same organic way as their records in the past and certainly didn't come from a place anywhere near HIS heart. He was focusing on his solo record and wanted to leave the new Bon Jovi album until autumn 2013, giving him a year to focus on Aftermath.

3. The touring schedule completely f*cked with his plans for the solo album. He went into the tour resenting the hell out of Jon, the record and the band. But, being Richie, he decided to have a damn fine time performing. However, I really don't think he likes the new songs as much as Jon wants him to. Missing rehearsal to sit in his room and watch football, but still showing up and playing the new Jovi shows how little they stretch him

4. Jon won't let him play an Aftermath song live. Jon has an album to promote and he believes in it. Richie can sing a Bon Jovi song live but not a song from Aftermath. I think Richie's involvement in WAN, even in those he has writing credits on were minimal and much like many here, he sees the new album as a 'Jon' album. In the past, this hasn't been a problem but this time, he has a record sitting behind him that he really does believe in and is desperate to let people hear.

5. Richie does his Tip Cup busking and Jon is pissed that he doesn't take the opportunity to plug the band's record, focusing instead on Aftermath.

6. Bannergate... Richie is really getting pissed off by now.

7. The end of the first leg and Richie decides to discuss some of the issues with Jon but is basically told, 'we have an album out and we need to promote it.' Jon isn't being an arse about it, there's just not a lot he can do about Richie's issues, they are in the middle of a US tour. Sure, he could let him sing a song from his album but my guess is, Jon resent Aftermath a little, he must have heard it and must know how much colour and passion Richie put into it. So, f*ck him. It's time to go to work.

As far as Jon is concerned, there's nothing to discuss. The tour goes ahead, Jon hasn't moved the goal posts, so the issues are Richie's and his alone... they're personal... and the solution is simple... come back when you're ready, we'll be here.

Simple. Personal. Issues.