Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Sissy3 05-25-2013 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1133593)
He even refers to him as Bobby B! ZOMFG

Maybe he figures he needs to kiss up to the boss's little buddy. :D

bruce11981 05-25-2013 08:50 PM

It all goes back to the music

If they had released anything in the past 7 years 1/2 as infectious as this thread none of this would be happening. This is what happens when you release we weren't born to follow, superman, because we can, what about now, what do you got, etc. They long ago sacrificed great music in their quest to be #1. WAN was #1 but everyone knows it's lackluster, same with the circle, and they as a result are no longer relevant. That's difficult for any band and when it sinks in the wheels start to fall off. You can blame Jon being difficult or Richie being a diva but the reason this is happening is the music sucks, and this is just the natural result. I'd have been content if they had called it a career at the end of have a nice day tour but whether they continue after this tour or not, unless they drastically change things, I'm done.

crashed 05-25-2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce11981 (Post 1133600)
If they had released anything in the past 7 years 1/2 as infectious as this thread none of this would be happening. This is what happens when you release we weren't born to follow, superman, because we can, what about now, what do you got, etc. They long ago sacrificed great music in their quest to be #1. WAN was #1 but everyone knows it's lackluster, same with the circle, and they as a result are no longer relevant. That's difficult for any band and when it sinks in the wheels start to fall off. You can blame Jon being difficult or Richie being a diva but the reason this is happening is the music sucks, and this is just the natural result. I'd have been content if they had called it a career at the end of have a nice day tour but whether they continue after this tour or not, unless they drastically change things, I'm done.

If they were no longer relevant the media wouldn't have blinked an eyelid at the story and then they'd have been forgotten about.

Becky 05-25-2013 09:48 PM

I intended to come to Dry County to keep up with this thread and accidentally clicked my link for Television Without Pity's Soap Operas forum. I had to laugh at how appropriate that actually was. This stuff is more convoluted than Days of Our Lives any day.

Kiwi78 05-25-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matrix15 (Post 1133565)
http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/1892/42905080.png

Isn't it weird if you cross Twitter and Matt you get Twat?

hahahahaha! THIS is gold.

While I appreciate Matt seems to comment timely to ease the masses, it's not his job and he can't be trusted.

bruce11981 05-25-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1133603)
If they were no longer relevant the media wouldn't have blinked an eyelid at the story and then they'd have been forgotten about.

That's just it, the meda doesn't really care all that much. If they cared the lunch Richie had would have been swarmed with press, the band wouldn't be able to go anywhere. Instead you got an initial story from TMZ but they've been nowhere since because the masses simply don't care. A couple web stories is nothing in the scope of media coverage this would have received even 5 years ago.

crashed 05-25-2013 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce11981 (Post 1133619)
That's just it, the meda doesn't really care all that much. If they cared the lunch Richie had would have been swarmed with press, the band wouldn't be able to go anywhere. Instead you got an initial story from TMZ but they've been nowhere since because the masses simply don't care. A couple web stories is nothing in the scope of media coverage this would have received even 5 years ago.

5 years ago? No, they had it in 1989 when they were the biggest band in the world, but the media was a very different thing back then too. But we've had this relevancy discussion in plenty of threads no need to bring it into this one.

The Rock 05-25-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

The media now looks for scandal, this is not scandal. If he leaves, he leaves, if he doesn't, he doesn't. A band member leaving a band is not big news. It will commented about but rock magazines and in the music sites but members leaving bands don't sell magazines. Scandal sells. Jon being dead, that was every where, his daughter OD, that was everywhere. Richie, Denise, Heather, big news. It's all scandal. We live in a kardashian world now. If it's not scandal, it doesn't sell.

SadieLady 05-25-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

That's just it, the meda doesn't really care all that much. If they cared the lunch Richie had would have been swarmed with press, the band wouldn't be able to go anywhere. Instead you got an initial story from TMZ but they've been nowhere since because the masses simply don't care.

Agreed. And there are never that many reader comments on any Bon Jovi mentions in TMZ, Daily Mail or PerezHilton = masses don't care.

Jon was the Justin Bieber of his day and those days never last. Jon has always said of any hot new singer or group that it takes 10, 20, 30 years to have a career. If he deliberately invested in a rock 'n roll lifestyle and went after the media coverage, he could extend his time in the media glare but he refers to his music as his "day job" not "who he is."

Kathleen 05-25-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1133550)
I think until this is all sorted out I'll go with Team Poodle On My Head.

I've decided to go with you - Dave was smart enough to write an award winning Broadway musical. Perhaps he could sort this mess out.