Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Bill23 04-26-2013 01:59 AM

Anyone else a little suprised TMZ or "the media" hasn't found Richie out & about or in a rehab or anywhere? The paps (scary as it is) seem to always find celebs.

LeaJovi 04-26-2013 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1124631)
Anyone else a little suprised TMZ or "the media" hasn't found Richie out & about or in a rehab or anywhere? The paps (scary as it is) seem to always find celebs.

Thats exactly why I dont think rehab is the reason.

JoviJovi 04-26-2013 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1124631)

I think they probably think they got their story and that's that. Other than the initial shock of it, I don't think Bon Jovi or Richie are very high on their "get" list for celebs. I think they would snap away if the opportunity arose, but they are not actively pursuing him. (He was just dropping his daughter off at school this morning, if he was being "chased" by paps, they would have gotten a shot at some point)

Lisa71 04-26-2013 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1124627)

1. In 2007 Richie's stint in "rehab" was actually just a one week detox at a hospital in LA. The announcement of him not touring this leg was on April 2, a little over 3 weeks ago. He could have just entered the same type of 7 day detox program followed by therapy, which would explain him being around and available to drive Ava to school today.

3. The fact that Matt has insisted that the TMZ article is completely off with this one, explicitly said Jon and Richie are not fighting, said it's up to Richie to make an official statement and he "WILL be back on the road" squashes the whole gag order theory. I know Matt is theoretically a nobody, but he still works for the organization and cannot make statements like that (whether they be true or false) if there is some sort of take our secrets to the grave clause. He would simply say "personal reasons" and leave it at that, not reassure his twitter followers that the fighting rumors are bullshit and that he'll be back for the European shows.

These two points I agree with. I find it interesting that during this whole time Ava didn't tweet any pictures or video of Richie, even a 2 sec one like today just to confirm that he wasn't in rehab. Just because she did today doesn't mean that he wasn't. He could have been and came home.

Think about it, they say this leg. The first time we see Richie is the end of this leg of the tour ( last show tonight) next leg ready to begin, Richie should be back.

The point about Matt is valid too. I know that he doesn't care what the fans think of him but he has been adamant that Richie will be back, no beating around the bush or secret messages. Richie is back. Jon has been on the Ellen show a few times. They have mutual respect for each other, I don't think he would lie on the show. So it does look like a case of he will be back but only Richie knows when.

Bill23 04-26-2013 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1124637)
I think they probably think they got their story and that's that. Other than the initial shock of it, I don't think Bon Jovi or Richie are very high on their "get" list for celebs. I think they would snap away if the opportunity arose, but they are not actively pursuing him. (He was just dropping his daughter off at school this morning, if he was being "chased" by paps, they would have gotten a shot at some point)

Good point. Maybe the collective "rock n roll world" or the "paparazzi world" just isn't that interested....only us die hards are!

jdanielross 04-26-2013 04:31 AM

RS just tweeted ... 10:30 EDT

Hey everyone, starting to review all the contest stuff... Really having fun.. Thank you for all the entries....

Guess he's probably not going to make a surprise appearance in San Jose then. :-/

Kinda competing with all the official BJ tweets about the stream, too.

JoviJovi 04-26-2013 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanielross (Post 1124660)
RS just tweeted ... 10:30 EDT

Hey everyone, starting to review all the contest stuff... Really having fun.. Thank you for all the entries....

Guess he's probably not going to make a surprise appearance in San Jose then. :-/

Kinda competing with all the official BJ tweets about the stream, too.

WTF? I understand people have their hard work out there, but THIS is what Richie is tweeting about tonight??

DestinationJovi 04-26-2013 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1124662)
WTF? I understand people have their hard work out there, but THIS is what Richie is tweeting about tonight??

Yes. He is out of detox, took his daughter to school this morning, and is now watching his contest videos. :D

Crushgen24/88 04-26-2013 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by efiste2 (Post 1124610)
I feel badly let down by Jon and his machine..and no longer see Richie as the bad man, he is a music man first and foremost, where as Jon has turned into a corparate man, whilst he can be a music man for those 2-3 hours on stage, off stage he is as we all know him, The CEO of a big company!!! certainly not the ROCKSTAR we all used to know...looking like a sad day for al of us loyal fans.....

If that was the case, then I would have applauded Richie for doing it before the tour. I don't care how musically altruistic his reasons were, pulling out in the middle of the tour when hundreds of jobs depend on you and thousands of tickets have already been bought isn't something I can respect. (If it is the case)

JoviJovi 04-26-2013 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1124664)
Yes. He is out of detox, took his daughter to school this morning, and is now watching his contest videos. :D

Why post it minutes before your bands show is supposed to start? He had all day to post.

Crushgen24/88 04-26-2013 05:12 AM

THOSE are the kind of posts I've been waiting for Richie to make.

JoviJovi 04-26-2013 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1124669)
THOSE are the kind of posts I've been waiting for Richie to make.

Why? Seriously just curious, not being a jerk.

liljovi93 04-26-2013 05:21 AM

I think Bobby ate Richie. Certainly looks like he has anyway...

Crushgen24/88 04-26-2013 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1124674)
Why? Seriously just curious, not being a jerk.

Because a tweet dealing with his solo work and contest is a pretty clear message that he's not indisposed from music activities.

Lisa71 04-26-2013 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1124683)
Because a tweet dealing with his solo work and contest is a pretty clear message that he's not indisposed from music activities.

So during all this time he couldn't look at the videos but tonight he is. I still am waiting for up say sorry for not being at the shows.

Crushgen24/88 04-26-2013 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1124695)
So during all this time he couldn't look at the videos but tonight he is. I still am waiting for up say sorry for not being at the shows.

Don't make it sound like I'm defending it.

DestinationJovi 04-26-2013 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1124667)
Why post it minutes before your bands show is supposed to start? He had all day to post.

Guess it's not his band anymore?

He's a solo artist promoting his solo album? :???:

_Gl4uBeR_ 04-26-2013 05:36 AM

I see it differently...

He hadn't been seen for over 20 days 'till yesterday, when he took Ava to school... and then, on the next day, he tweets that he just started do work on the videos...

It seems that something was actually keeping him away from his usual stuff during the last couple weeks... as if he was actually too busy with something...

The rehab theory is still alive, I think.

JoviJovi 04-26-2013 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Gl4uBeR_ (Post 1124708)
I see it differently...

He hadn't been seen for over 20 days 'till yesterday, when he took Ava to school... and then, on the next day, he tweets that he just started do work on the videos...

It seems that something was actually keeping him away from his usual stuff during the last couple weeks... as if he was actually too busy with something...

The Ava video was today and if any of this was the case, tonight was not the night for solo promotion. Common sense is lacking with that tweet, or else he.just doesn't care how it looks.

Crushgen24/88 04-26-2013 05:41 AM

Personally, I think there's a couple of theories still in play:
1. Jon/Richie fight/argument/rift/etc.
2. Rehab
3. Treatable medical issue that didn't require hospitalization.

and of course the Mother Shibubu theory.;)

DestinationJovi 04-26-2013 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Gl4uBeR_ (Post 1124708)
I see it differently...

My thoughts too. He's out of whatever treatment program and is picking up life where he left off 3 weeks ago.

He's off this leg so tonight's show isn't even on his radar.

Mysterytrain 04-26-2013 06:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1124720)
My thoughts too. He's out of whatever treatment program and is picking up life where he left off 3 weeks ago.

He's off this leg so tonight's show isn't even on his radar.

If he's promoting his video contest, that means the gag order theory is moot.

WillRunForChocolate 04-26-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liljovi93 (Post 1124680)
I think Bobby ate Richie. Certainly looks like he has anyway...

I noticed Bobby is looking a little thick in the middle. That theory is about as plausible as some of the others, lol.

BonJoviFan14 04-26-2013 07:57 AM

Phil x was good but he was no richie, hoping and praying hes still comming back.

Beaky 04-26-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1124778)
If he's promoting his video contest, that means the gag order theory is moot.

What it means is, he has a contract with Jon that right now, he is not fulfilling. What is in that contract, no one knows.

I have a feeling he might be back for the South Africa gig and we'll never know what happened. But the fact remains, if this is simple, personal problems then there doesn't seem to be any good reason not to explain it - I know, I know... 'it's private, he doesn't have to tell you anything! Leave Richie alone!' Okay... that's fine. But the people who put money in his pocket and who have cared about him for 30 years are both concerned and let down.

If the basis of my second theory is right, then Matt wasn't lying, from Jon's point of view, there is no fall out. Richie wouldn't have tweeted, not because of any gagging order but because both parties were trying to stare each other out... Richie can't take to Twitter and invite the world to ask him questions every five minutes. I sincerely hope my first theory, right back at the start, is right; he had a wobble, he took some time to be with his kid, get some therapy.

So he disappears and lets the shit storm do his work for him... 'let's see how much they miss me.' Puts a helluva lot more pressure on Jon that way. But Jon comes out and starts being Jon-of-old on stage... 'Let's see how much they miss Richie NOW.' I sincerely hope my first theory, right back at the start, is right; he had a wobble, he took some time to be with his kid, get some therapy.

But whatever it is, it's sad to see Jon the way he was during that press conference. I really don't know why he bothers trailing the band around behind him to things like that, they look f*cking bored. The moment where Richie actually speaks, I think Jon, in his way, is trying to make sure what Richie said wasn't glossed over, that's him re-emphasising Richie's point but he does it in such a tactless and sharp way, it makes him look like a tool. Richie just looks like 'why do I bother!?'

CKatz 04-26-2013 09:03 AM

I think Richie may have been asking himself "Why do I even bother?" a lot in recent years. He has certainly had a reason to on many occasions. Spending time with Ava in Hawaii may have caused him to think he would rather spend time with his family, who he doesn't get to see very often on tour, than to continue with the band in support of music he doesn't really care about and where he has been underused anyway.

CKatz 04-26-2013 09:06 AM

Page 200!!!! :D

Walkerboy 04-26-2013 09:34 AM

Could it be as simple as Richie wanting to sing Every Road during each show? He does tend to sing one song on his own and I can see him wanting to do that. Jon could be saying no, its not a Jovi song, then Richie points out that its in the new album, and Blaze isn't a Jovi song.... Cue a bit of aggro between them and Richie going on strike

choclady 04-26-2013 09:39 AM

Jon should have just made this a solo tour.

skogs 04-26-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdanielross (Post 1124589)
"Personal reasons" could be quite simple as Richie's heart not being in this tour.

I can see him being on break for Easter in Hawaii, getting ready to go back out and just saying to himself 'I don't need to do this' (especially since Phil X has filled in before).

If it's true, it's a bad move to make day-of and screws the fans and the rest of the band, but it's something I can see happening even without a big blowout like TMZ was reporting.

If it was a family emergency, I think they would've said "family emergency." If it was rehab, I think they would've said "rehab" (just like before).

If my scenario is true, that truly is "personal reasons" for being absent from the tour.

Whatever it is, however, I think the whole organization is a joke in the way they've handled this and almost everything else for the past 5-10 years.

This makes sense to me. Richie needed more time off for himself so he just took it. Simple as that. Still think he'll be back for Europe though.

MrIks from Finland 04-26-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skogs (Post 1124837)
This makes sense to me. Richie needed more time off for himself so he just took it. Simple as that. Still think he'll be back for Europe though.

At least jon wont be paying phils flight to europe if richie cannot make it there...its richie or bobby on lead guitar

Roll 04-26-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1124829)
I think Richie may have been asking himself "Why do I even bother?" a lot in recent years. He has certainly had a reason to on many occasions. Spending time with Ava in Hawaii may have caused him to think he would rather spend time with his family, who he doesn't get to see very often on tour, than to continue with the band in support of music he doesn't really care about and where he has been underused anyway.

Maybe because fans spend their hard earned money buying over-priced ticket to see Jon AND Richie and Dave and Tico? From what I see with all the shit going on with the cover constest of a lousy song, it looks like the guy doesn't give a damn about the people who've been faithful to the band over the years.
I can understand Richie being fed up with Bon Jovi, but then you either leave BEFORE the tour or after.
And the "underuse" thing might be true if the guy hadn't released an album last year with such poor guitar work in it.

Beaky 04-26-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1124841)
Maybe because fans spend their hard earned money buying over-priced ticket to see Jon AND Richie and Dave and Tico? From what I see with all the shit going on with the cover constest of a lousy song, it looks like the guy doesn't give a damn about the people who've been faithful to the band over the years.
I can understand Richie being fed up with Bon Jovi, but then you either leave BEFORE the tour or after.
And the "underuse" thing might be true if the guy hadn't released an album last year with such poor guitar work in it.

Whether you appreciate the guitar work on Aftermath, or not, it actually has guitar work on it. As opposed to the majority of WAN...

IML88 04-26-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choclady (Post 1124835)
Jon should have just made this a solo tour.

I was listening to I'm With You last night and the more I listen to it the more it sounds like progression from Destination Anywhere, not The Circle. He should have just made WAN a solo album and toured it with Bobby, Phil and a couple of other session players.

This world tour seems forced.

Lisa71 04-26-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1124829)

He is not the only one with a family. Jon, David and Tico all have families. That is a poor excuse to use. Richie is only single one. Jon, David and Tico all have wives, all have children and all do outside projects away from the band. And if he didn't care about it, why come onto the tour to begin with?

There is really no excuse for what he has done. To not come back and to say FU to his fans while Jon, David, Tico, Hugh and Bobby can all do the shows. All of them can give 100%. Then to top it off and post a tweet about his video contest on the night of a livestream, when he had these weeks to watch the videos and glad he is having fun while his fans are missing him and wondering when he is coming back.

Roll 04-26-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1124844)
Whether you appreciate the guitar work on Aftermath, or not, it actually has guitar work on it. As opposed to the majority of WAN...

Yes, I said it was poor. I mean, people should listen to apocalyptic love if they want good songs and great guitar work. On aftermath, both are at best mediocre.

Beaky 04-26-2013 11:10 AM

Let's see who takes to the stage next month... I still don't think we'll ever know the whole story, no matter what happens.

Beaky 04-26-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1124847)
Yes, I said it was poor. I mean, people should listen to apocalyptic love if they want good songs and great guitar work. On aftermath, both are at best mediocre.

... and a whiny, 90s vocal...

I don't agree. There are some good songs on Slash's album and the man can make a guitar sing but Miles just doesn't have the character in his voice that Axl could produce. Great range but his tone is like nails on a chalk board for me.

Give me Richie's vocal over that, all day long. Also, as a lyricist, Richie's Aftermath tunes kick the p*ss out of anything on Apocalyptic Love, IMO.

DevilsSon 04-26-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1124847)

Hah! Apocalyptic love... :D Good one.

CKatz 04-26-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1124846)
He is not the only one with a family. Jon, David and Tico all have families. That is a poor excuse to use. Richie is only single one. Jon, David and Tico all have wives, all have children and all do outside projects away from the band. And if he didn't care about it, why come onto the tour to begin with?

There is really no excuse for what he has done. To not come back and to say FU to his fans while Jon, David, Tico, Hugh and Bobby can all do the shows. All of them can give 100%. Then to top it off and post a tweet about his video contest on the night of a livestream, when he had these weeks to watch the videos and glad he is having fun while his fans are missing him and wondering when he is coming back.

At this point, it is all still speculation. Let's not forget that.