Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Alphavictim 05-26-2013 07:12 PM

The quality of the recording sounds like a demo, but still, the song itself is good and easily better than some of the album's tracks (Everyday, for starters). Not sure it'd fit the overall mood, though.

ticos_stick 05-26-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1133773)
On the whole Bobby thing. My understanding is that he was brought in to take some of the load off Richie

Jon also brought in an additional keyboard player for the HAND tour, which was totally uncalled for. I got the feeling he was trying to create some kind of E Street Band vibe but the band has always been at it's best with just the five members. Supposedly he kept Bobby on because he was struggling financially.

As Samboraisgoduk said, I'm not opposed to Bobby being on stage but when he solos it makes the band sound bad.

hackster73 05-26-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bjcrazycpa (Post 1133804)
Totally agree, it could have replaced Joey!!

Should have replaced joey.

jovifan93 05-26-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1133880)
Should have replaced joey.

No way, Joey is one of their best storytelling songs, like Right Side Of Wrong and Thick As Thieves... Not a bad song though, but I like the album the way it is...

GabrielC 05-26-2013 09:03 PM

I don't like every song of Bounce. I would gladly take You Had Me From Hello off and put Postcards From the Wasteland or Another Reason to Believe.

jovifan93 05-26-2013 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1133909)
I don't like every song of Bounce. I would gladly take You Had Me From Hello off and put Postcards From the Wasteland or Another Reason to Believe.

That's your good right to do, after all it comes down to about personal taste, doesn't it? I for one have sung You Had Me From Hello (and I'll Be There For You) for my wife at our wedding party, because it fit so well (love at first sight) ;-)

Kriegentragen 05-26-2013 09:54 PM

Oh. The good ol' discussion about the ideal tracklist for Bounce. Mine goes like this:

Tracklist (singles in bold)

1. Undivided
2. Bounce (1)
3. The distance (2)
4. Joey
5. Breathe
6. No regrets
7. Hook me up
8. Love me back to life
9. Right side of wrong
10. We can dance
11. Postcards from the Wasteland
12. Standin' (3)

B Sides:
You had me from hello
Alive
Lucky
Misunderstood
Another reason to believe
Everyday
Open all night
All about loving you

jessycardy 05-26-2013 10:08 PM

You can really tell when it's a slow day. We start talking about whatever in this thread. LOL
Now that today's show's over, the famed judgement 10-day period has officially started. Hopefully, it will bring us some good news and we'll go back on topic.

Juls Sambora 05-26-2013 10:17 PM

I don't believe in Richie's comeback in the second leg. There are no evidences (except of Obie's airy statements in Munich). Why should Richie rejoin? The official statement was/is that he won't play the South African and European leg so he won't.

Alphavictim 05-26-2013 10:29 PM

Definitely keep:

-Undivided
-Everyday (it WAS the first single, I guess some people liked it)
-The Distance
-Misunderstood
-Hook Me Up
-Bounce
-Another Reason To Believe (the demo is suspiciously produced, I guess this one was closer to making the cut than some of the others?)
-Standin' (same)
-Postcards From The Wasteland