Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

RonJovi 04-26-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1124943)
haha yep ;)

Our health minister is also called Jimmy (James) Reilly. He could pass for Richie of a couple of years ago. The fact he is health minister shows the Irish have a sense of humour.

Anyway maybe he could do the European leg for Richie coz, with any luck, he will soon be looking for work.

MrNickel 04-26-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1124951)
Our health minister is also called Jimmy (James) Reilly. He could pass for Richie of a couple of years ago. The fact he is health minister shows the Irish have a sense of humour.

Anyway maybe he could do the European leg for Richie coz, with any luck, he will soon be looking for work.

haha

Your Irish too, I'm not alone then. :cool:

jbjhand 04-26-2013 08:03 PM

This is the greatest thread ever!!!

idbl_fanatic 04-26-2013 08:06 PM

We went to the concert in San Jose last night, it was pretty good, it wasn't the same, but still good, Phil X did a good job.

Couple of things.

1: we were there about 3 hours early so we went to a local mall to kill some time, and when talking a young man there, he asked if we were from the area, blah blah, long story short he asked who we were seeing, and when we said Bon Jovi, his response was "Oh, I didn't even know HE was in town" this goes to show that here in the US it is all about Jon.

2: Phil X used the talk box on this stop, which made our daughter VERY happy.

3: Bobby really isn't that great.

4: Here is a video of Phil X on It's my life: http://youtu.be/R1MFxHOqHZE

Crushgen24/88 04-26-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1124927)
We've covered that... somewhere on here...

Jon can say he is still the guitar player because Jon hasn't moved the goal posts, Jon hasn't changed the game. The door is open, Richie is the guitar player in Bon Jovi until HE says otherwise. It puts the ball firmly in Richie's court. Jon is out there, fulfilling commitments, he's not done anything wrong... Over to you, Richie... That is what the Ellen appearance accomplished.

I don't buy that based on past precedent. For example, once Alec was out, he was out for good. Beyond that, I don't think Jon would leave the door open like that. I'd see it more as "You're leaving? Then you're gone for good, don't let the door hit you on the ass." I could be wrong of course. (Also, I'm NOT saying that would be a good attitude for him to have.

Iceman 04-26-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1124962)
4: Here is a video of Phil X on It's my life: http://youtu.be/R1MFxHOqHZE

Wow. Phil X rocks. Jon sounds like shit. He can't even hit the A note (it's downtuned from the Bb on the album) in the chorus ("Like Frankie said I DID it my way") and he nasal all the way through.

At this point I'm starting to believe that a good coverband would do a better job than "Bon Jovi".

Ice

danfan 04-26-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iceman (Post 1124964)
Wow. Phil X rocks. Jon sounds like shit. He can't even hit the A note (it's downtuned from the Bb on the album) in the chorus ("Like Frankie said I DID it my way") and he nasal all the way through.

At this point I'm starting to believe that a good coverband would do a better job than "Bon Jovi".

Ice

Sounds the same way it's sounded for the past 10 years.

danfan 04-26-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1124962)
3: Bobby sucks ass and has no place on that stage.

Fixed for you.

ezearis 04-26-2013 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1124969)
Sounds the same way it's sounded for the past 10 years.

No it doesn't:

rolo_tomachi 04-26-2013 08:50 PM

Richie Sambora (Albums)
-Stranger In This Town
-Undiscovered Soul
-Aftermath Of The Lowdown

Phil X & The Drills (Albums)
-Kick Your Ass In 17 Minutes
-We Bring The Rock n Roll
-We Play Instruments 'n Sh!t

compare and mourn.

Thierry 04-26-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1124973)
Richie Sambora (Albums)
-Stranger In This Town
-Undiscovered Soul

compare and mourn.

Why all the complaining about Phil X, did you even ever attend a Bon Jovi show at all?

ezearis 04-26-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1124973)
Richie Sambora (Albums)
-Stranger In This Town
-Undiscovered Soul

compare and mourn.

Lol'd. Btw, this song is pretty cool, gonna listen to their albums later .

rolo_tomachi 04-26-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1124974)
Why all the complaining about Phil X, did you even ever attend a Bon Jovi show at all?

Because I Can. :D

danfan 04-26-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1124971)

LOL - I don't think I'd ever seen that before. Sounds like Richie's farting the talk box parts.

rolo_tomachi 04-26-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1124976)
Lol'd. Btw, this song is pretty cool, gonna listen to their albums later http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uij9bOFzyRA.

Well, only one minutes? where is the rest of the song?

CKatz 04-26-2013 09:13 PM

Came across this tweet. Sort of interesting to hear opinions from non-fans every once in a while:
"@progrockmatt: Having now heard Bon Jovi's new song I can see why Richie Sambora buggered off . Absolute tosh . Hideous ."

RonJovi 04-26-2013 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1124956)
haha

Your Irish too, I'm not alone then. :cool:

No there is a few of us about. :-)

I reckon Jon should do a Father Ted-esque "three stages of Richie" for each show.

Your Mr Reilly can be current Richie
Fat James Reilly can be circa 2007 Richie
We just need someone to do pre-meltdown Richie.

I think this sort of pioneering move could revitalise Bon Jovi.

Javier 04-26-2013 09:33 PM

Exclusive, Jon calling Richie to play but the ****er keeps taking forever to get there!!!

jbjhand 04-26-2013 10:07 PM

Just having a look at yesterday's stream. Why the hell has Jon suddenly turned auto pilot off? There's energy, messing about, actual smiling instead of the fake grin, movement, it looks like he's actually having fun and wants to be there. I think somebody was taking things for granted far too much. I'm glad he showed up, just need to see more of it.

The Rock 04-26-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1124994)
Just having a look at yesterday's stream. Why the hell has Jon suddenly turned auto pilot off? There's energy, messing about, actual smiling instead of the fake grin, movement, it looks like he's actually having fun and wants to be there. I think somebody was taking things for granted far too much. I'm glad he showed up, just need to see more of it.

I remember this happened the last time Richie wasn't there. He really gets into the show, gives 100% and carries it. Same thing is happening again, he sweats and the energy goes up. His needs this kick to get him to perform, just wish it wasn't Richie not being there for him to be like this. Still at the start of this tour, I think there was a sickness with Jon. Sore back/knee. He wasn't all there.

jbjhand 04-26-2013 10:21 PM

Yes I agree with everything you said. I definitely think he had a bad back at the start of the tour. It's just such a shame he needs kicking to perform like this, because despite the loss of power in his voice he is still an absolutely incredible front man, when he wants to be.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-26-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1124997)
I remember this happened the last time Richie wasn't there. He really gets into the show, gives 100% and carries it. Same thing is happening again, he sweats and the energy goes up. His needs this kick to get him to perform, just wish it wasn't Richie not being there for him to be like this.

F***ed up :( I love it when Jon really tries and also seems to enjoy himself (obviously), but this is all truly messed up!

MrNickel 04-26-2013 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbjhand (Post 1124994)

Yeah it looks like whatever was lodged up his arse has been removed.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-26-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1125001)

But I guess since it's a live stream that a shitload of people will be watching that's one massive opportunity to try and convince them/us everything's alright.

24Roses 04-26-2013 11:51 PM

I really think this band is going to kill me someday! I love them to death, but they drive me crazy. I can just imagine them reading all this and laughing their heads off right about now if Richie really is returning soon. But, WHY don't they just something before we all go nuts.

DestinationJovi 04-27-2013 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1124829)
Spending time with Ava in Hawaii may have caused him to think he would rather spend time with his family, who he doesn't get to see very often on tour...

This doesn't seem like a guy who is bored on stage and would rather just stay home to hang out with a teenager when she's not at school/with friends during his 50% time share. This is ironically the only solo he sang this tour, and the last time he performed with the band.

Quote:

...than to continue with the band in support of music he doesn't really care about and where he has been underused anyway.
He didn't throw in the towel because he had little to do with the What About Now album and therefore doesn't care about supporting it. His last show they only played 3 new songs out of 22, his 2nd to last show 4 out of 26, and the show before that only 3 out of 26. Let's call a spade a spade...this is a greatest hits tour. The majority of songs they're playing are songs he had a heavy hand in.

semigoodlookin 04-27-2013 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1125001)

Richie it is then

windy miller 04-27-2013 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linnea.cfc32_jovibandana (Post 1125007)
But I guess since it's a live stream that a shitload of people will be watching that's one massive opportunity to try and convince them/us everything's alright.

Things are far from alright as far as Bon Jovi, as an entity are concerned. Jon may convince the masses but he will not convince the die hards. But I believe they will find a way through. The band is FAR bigger than four/five men...or two or ultimately one.....Egos! Tsk!

idbl_fanatic 04-27-2013 12:45 AM

Oh yeah, one more thing, our 10 yr old had made a sign on a 8.5 x 11 paper, and they wouldn't allow it inside

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-27-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1125019)
Oh yeah, one more thing, our 10 yr old had made a sign on a 8.5 x 11 paper, and they wouldn't allow it inside

WHAT?! Omg there's no words for how much the sign gestapo behaviour annoys me!!!!

WillRunForChocolate 04-27-2013 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1125019)

Huh? I saw about a zillion "it's all right" signs in the pit last night. I guess the lesson is to teach your 10 year old to be more devious. Confiscating a sign from a kid is not "all right."

idbl_fanatic 04-27-2013 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1125029)
Huh? I saw about a zillion "it's all right" signs in the pit last night. I guess the lesson is to teach your 10 year old to be more devious. Confiscating a sign from a kid is not "all right."

We saw that too last night :mad:

MrNickel 04-27-2013 02:46 AM

I heard that a 12 year old had a sign with "We want Richie" on it and he was kicked repeatedly in the head by security till he screamed that "Jon is the band, Jon is the band............". :evilbat:

Alphavictim 04-27-2013 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1125032)
I heard that a 12 year old had a sign with "We want Richie" on it and he was kicked repeatedly in the head by security till he screamed that "Jon is the band, Jon is the band............". :evilbat:

Bill23 04-27-2013 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1125037)

Douchebag comment by Axl....

Beaky 04-27-2013 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1125038)
Douchebag comment by Axl....

Yeah... Honesty and emotion from a lead singer... how totally alien.

Shaz 04-27-2013 09:58 AM

In light of recent events and commentary throughout this thread [and apologies if already posted] I think this is very topical:

Bon Jovi - SNL skit - Naming the band

Quote:

Jon : Alright, I'll tell you what. We'll call the band Bon Jovi for just the first five years. After that we'll call the band Sambora. Five years after that I'll change it to Torres and then the other guys.

micro cuts 04-27-2013 10:12 AM

new tweet from Richie;

"I must say I'm so touched by all your versions of my song Every Road. Jersey guys don't cry but I came close...so hard for me..."

Supersonic 04-27-2013 10:17 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by micro cuts (Post 1125051)
new tweet from Richie;

"I must say I'm so touched by all your versions of my song Every Road. Jersey guys don't cry but I came close...so hard for me..."

Ha, I have touched Richie in a way Richie has never touched me! Oh wait...Erm...RICHIE'S CLOSE TO CRYING. HE MUST BE ****ED UP!

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

ezearis 04-27-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1125052)
CLOSE TO CRYING. HE MUST BE ****ED UP!

He might be. One doesn't simply starts crying while listening to covers of his song.