Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

RS8MB0R8 04-27-2013 11:13 AM

They touched his dog too... in a way Jon never could. ;)

ezearis 04-27-2013 11:21 AM

Seb should have sent his What's Left Of Me version to Richie with a link to this thread on the description.

gkkes 04-27-2013 12:16 PM

Great fun. Really enjoyed all the banter in this great thread! (Thread is a great word, as threads just keep going round and round :-) )

Maybe there's truth in the story from the admitted spoof site mediamass, that his current girlfriend is expecting their child? Maybe not! Ooops!

That would certainly be a "personal matter"... Who is she? I dare you!

http://en.mediamass.net/people/richi...cy-rumors.html

MrNickel 04-27-2013 01:10 PM

We all know how this will end, Jon and Richie will end up singing this to each other live and all will be well................

ezearis 04-27-2013 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1125071)
We all know how this will end, Jon and Richie will end up singing this to each other live and all will be well................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv49bC5xGVY

Look at the comments, Tico confirms your theory.

TBoy 04-27-2013 01:37 PM

So, is Richie back for Europe or what?

MrNickel 04-27-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1125074)
Look at the comments, Tico confirms your theory.

WTF, this thread gets even more insane. LOL

I honestly did not see that comment.

tigrs99 04-27-2013 06:07 PM

PhilX website says his next concert is in 21 days If that's correct he won't be joining Bon Jovi on next leg

bonjovi90 04-27-2013 06:11 PM

Bon Jovi's next concert is in 10 days though..

jovifan93 04-27-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigrs99 (Post 1125109)
PhilX website says his next concert is in 21 days If that's correct he won't be joining Bon Jovi on next leg

Looked more like -21 days when I was on his website this afternoon, or did I misread that? ;)

Mysterytrain 04-27-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1125115)
Looked more like -21 days when I was on his website this afternoon, or did I misread that? ;)

I also noticed the headline said, "filling in for Richie Sambora in April." I hope the implication is that Richie will be back in May.

JoviJovi 04-27-2013 07:34 PM

Back when all this started, I looked around and saw that Phil was scheduled to play a big festival with The Drills on 5/18, and Jovi has a show that day as well. I don't remember where I saw it, but I want to say Facebook, but not sure.

MrIks from Finland 04-27-2013 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1125117)
Back when all this started, I looked around and saw that Phil was scheduled to play a big festival with The Drills on 5/18, and Jovi has a show that day as well. I don't remember where I saw it, but I want to say Facebook, but not sure.

Don't worry! There is Bobby who can fill in for Phil. Everything is taken care in Jovi land.:D

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-27-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1125123)
Don't worry! There is Bobby who can fill in for Phil. Everything is taken care in Jovi land.:D

Excuse me while I ASDFSGAHFSHJFAADRDQYDSTJKJ¤#RW%/"R#&/

JoviJovi 04-27-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrIks from Finland (Post 1125123)

Ugh, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little :?

TheseDaysEra 04-27-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1125127)
Ugh, I think I just threw up in my mouth a little :?

in all honestly, I believe Jon has a 'spare' for each member. they're a big, wealthy band with a lot of commitment ahead of them every tour.
David Bryan has been replaced in the past for a couple of gigs. I bet they have a 'spare' bass player to fill in for Huey as well and one for Tico. The only one who probably doesn't have a substitute is Bobby cause he's such a pain the ass. That guy could be burning in fever, he'd still play. ahahah

:changes:

MrNickel 04-27-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheseDaysEra (Post 1125129)
in all honestly, I believe Jon has a 'spare' for each member. they're a big, wealthy band with a lot of commitment ahead of them every tour.
David Bryan has been replaced in the past for a couple of gigs. I bet they have a 'spare' bass player to fill in for Huey as well and one for Tico. The only one who probably doesn't have a substitute is Bobby cause he's such a pain the ass. That guy could be burning in fever, he'd still play. ahahah

:changes:

Say if Jon had a bad dose of the shits and couldn't perform a show, what would happen ? I presume everything would be shut down and called off.

Becky 04-27-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1125131)
Say if Jon had a bad dose of the shits and couldn't perform a show, what would happen ? I presume everything would be shut down and called off.

He's performed when his back was so injured he could barely walk, so I'm guessing he'd opt for some adult diapers and on with the show. ;)

MrNickel 04-27-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1125133)
He's performed when his back was so injured he could barely walk, so I'm guessing he'd opt for some adult diapers and on with the show. ;)

haha no doubt.

I would never doubt his commitment, I doubt anyone would.

afk 04-27-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

LOL I just pictured that!!:shock::D

TBoy 04-27-2013 10:25 PM

This thread is useless. You ask a question, you get no answer.

ezearis 04-27-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBoy (Post 1125141)

Because you asked something that nobody can answer. We don't know when Richie will be back, nobody knows. We'll find out in Capetown, I guess.

TBoy 04-27-2013 10:36 PM

Thank you... I guess they still have a few days to make a statment... :/

MrNickel 04-27-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBoy (Post 1125143)
Thank you... I guess they still have a few days to make a statment... :/

Unfortunately this is the only statement we're likely to see.

DestinationJovi 04-27-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

This thread is useless.

WHAT!?! :shock:

TheseDaysEra 04-28-2013 12:45 AM

Quote:

it's too late to quit now. 211 pages and counting. we're doomed. let's say it takes 5 years for richie to comeback. we're stuck with this thread.:multi:

jovigirloz 04-28-2013 12:55 AM

Maybe Richie is reading this thread and we are entertaining him so much that he doesn't want to come back to the band and have it all end? ;)

BonJoviFan14 04-28-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

how much more does he have to prove, he played when he blew out his calf, the show went on without stopping and he played on when his he tore somthing in his knee, in the 90s he played through no voice, flu and fever. unless jon is dying and i am guessing even then he will not cancel a show!

Becky 04-28-2013 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJoviFan14 (Post 1125168)
how much more does he have to prove,

He doesn't have to prove anything more to me. Bon Jovi's the ONLY band I'll book a flight to go see because I know they'll show up. At least MOST of them will show up.

RonJovi 04-28-2013 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1125176)
He doesn't have to prove anything more to me. Bon Jovi's the ONLY band I'll book a flight to go see because I know they'll show up. At least MOST of them will show up.

Yeah you can't knock Jon's work ethic and commitment.

Saw him in Dublin on the last tour with his knee brace and the guy put on a great show for the bones of 3 hours.

In 2000, he put on the best show I've seen in thunder and lightening when most bands would have been shitting themselves. In fact, Slane was the following day and they talked about cancelling it for safety reasons if the weather had been the same.

The guy is phenomenal in terms of work ethic.

Living_on_my_Hair 04-28-2013 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1125179)
Yeah you can't knock Jon's work ethic and commitment.

Saw him in Dublin on the last tour with his knee brace and the guy put on a great show for the bones of 3 hours.

I was there back in 2000 too, what a special night! Still my favourite gig.

Andi

jovigirloz 04-28-2013 03:39 AM

Quote:

how much more does he have to prove, he played when he blew out his calf, the show went on without stopping and he played on when his he tore somthing in his knee, in the 90s he played through no voice, flu and fever. unless jon is dying and i am guessing even then he will not cancel a show!

yes Jons work ethic can never be called into question.

danfan 04-28-2013 03:56 AM

Sorry, but without this, this band doesn't work.

The Rock 04-28-2013 04:23 AM

Quote:

When his blew his calf in the middle of the song, he said that his own wife told him, you would continue to sing even if they cut your head off.

Jayster 04-28-2013 07:32 AM

I just googled "bon jovi Australian tour" just on the off chance there was any new information and the official bon jovi page, bonjovi.com is the sixth result.

Weirdly, it says the following underneath as a preview of what's on the page -

Bon Jovi — Home
www.bonjovi.com/
He left the tour in early April. But although his absence may have made it feel a little less like a Bon Jovi show, it definitely sounded right, with Phil X filling in and ...

Can others please google it and see if you are seeing it?

bounce442 04-28-2013 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 1125197)
I just googled "bon jovi Australian tour" just on the off chance there was any new information and the official bon jovi page, bonjovi.com is the sixth result.

Bon Jovi — Home
www.bonjovi.com/
He left the tour in early April. But although his absence may have made it feel a little less like a Bon Jovi show, it definitely sounded right, with Phil X filling in and ...

Yeah that's what I see!

badmoon 04-28-2013 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 1125197)

Bon Jovi — Home
www.bonjovi.com/

That is just Google quoting the last news post as a sneak peak of the page.

It's from this news which is from this article. Google always takes the first text on the page to make the sneak peek when there's no meta description entered.

Nothing to worry about and nothing new.

Jayster 04-28-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badmoon (Post 1125199)
That is just Google quoting the last news post as a sneak peak of the page.

It's from this news which is from this article. Google always takes the first text on the page to make the sneak peek when there's not meta description entered.

Nothing to worry about and nothing new.

Thanks for clarifying.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-28-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1125186)
When his blew his calf in the middle of the song, he said that his own wife told him, you would continue to sing even if they cut your head off.

Yeah in Helsinki. He really is a trooper!

rolo_tomachi 04-28-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1125186)

Jon don't sing with his foot, right?

Richie continued to play in the "HAND Tour" with a broken arm, and He is a guitarist.

Sambora is "The Real Trooper".