Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Kriegentragen 05-29-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1134902)
That would be the these days album. There is no song or album since that has stretched him.

Maybe just Love me back to life and in a lesser extent Superman tonight.

jessycardy 05-29-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriegentragen (Post 1134897)
Interviewer: What has happened with Richie? Is he struggling with alcohol again?

Jon: No, the only thing I can say about that, is that he's facing personal issues that he's talked with us, and there's nothing more to say by now. We love him, I'm trusting that everything will solve, and I hope he is well.

Interviewer: I've read some statements where it gets implied that he's out of the band...

Jon: I won't let this conversation to fuel even more gossips. No more rumours, there's nothing else to say, everything that had to be said has been already said. He's a big one, we love him and that's all.

BTW, I'm reading the interview was in English, so maybe something was lost on the translation to Spanish.

Thank you! And I'm glad we can finally settle the "Jon implied Richie hit the bottle again" argument. He never did. And now we have a big "no" to go along with that.
Honestly, I don't think Richie's ever thought Jon implied that either. That's why I'm not 100% certain that MailOnline interview and all the fuss are legit.

Josie2013 05-29-2013 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1134889)
Wow, you can't really tell anything from that... I hope some native speaker will come and help us here!

¿Qué ha pasado con Richie? ¿Tiene problemas con el alcohol otra vez?
What happened with Richie? Is he having problems with alcohol again.

“No. Lo único que puedo comentar al respecto es que está afrontando unos problemas de índole personal de los que ha hablado con nosotros, y no hay nada más que decir por el momento. Le queremos mucho, confío en que todo se solucione y espero que esté bien”.
No. The only that that I can say in regards to that is that he is facing some personal problems which he has discussed with us and there is nothing more to say at the moment. We love him very much; I'm confident everything will work out and I hope that he is well.

He leído unas declaraciones en las que deja entrever que está fuera de la banda…
I have read some statements that he is out of the band.

“No permitiré que esta conversación añada más leña al fuego del chismorreo. No más rumores, no hay nada más que decir, todo lo que había que decir ya ha sido dicho. Es un grande, le queremos y nada más”.
I will not allow this conversation to add more wood to the gossip fire. No more rumors, there is nothing more to say, everything that I had to say I have already said. He is well known, we love him and nothing more.

I'm not a native speaker but I hope this helps. I'm not sure by "es un grande" if Jon is referring to Richie or the situation being well known.

DryCounty 05-29-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hackster73 (Post 1134902)
That would be the these days album. There is no song or album since that has stretched him.

I'd like to add I Am to that list. That one is pretty tough to sing.

jessycardy 05-29-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josie2013 (Post 1134910)
¿Qué ha pasado con Richie? ¿Tiene problemas con el alcohol otra vez?
What happened with Richie? Is he having problems with alcohol again.

“No. Lo único que puedo comentar al respecto es que está afrontando unos problemas de índole personal de los que ha hablado con nosotros, y no hay nada más que decir por el momento. Le queremos mucho, confío en que todo se solucione y espero que esté bien”.
No. The only that that I can say in regards to that is that he is facing some personal problems which he has discussed with us and there is nothing more to say at the moment. We love him very much; I'm confident everything will work out and I hope that he is well.

He leído unas declaraciones en las que deja entrever que está fuera de la banda…
I have read some statements that he is out of the band.

“No permitiré que esta conversación añada más leña al fuego del chismorreo. No más rumores, no hay nada más que decir, todo lo que había que decir ya ha sido dicho. Es un grande, le queremos y nada más”.
I will not allow this conversation to add more wood to the gossip fire. No more rumors, there is nothing more to say, everything that I had to say I have already said. He is well known, we love him and nothing more.

I'm not a native speaker but I hope this helps. I'm not sure by "es un grande" if Jon is referring to Richie or the situation being well known.

Thank you! It's always a good thing to have more people working on translations, you can be more precise. :)

The "es un grande" part confuses me as well. Could it mean something like "he's great" or am I off here?

Bounce7800 05-29-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1134913)
Thank you! It's always a good thing to have more people working on translations, you can be more precise. :)

The "es un grande" part confuses me as well. Could it mean something like "he's great" or am I off here?

Maybe "He's ****ing great"? :p

jessycardy 05-29-2013 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1134914)
Maybe "He's ****ing great"? :p

Hahahah! XD Can you imagine Jon actually saying that? "Why do you keep askin', he's ****in' great!" LOL

Josie2013 05-29-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1134913)

It could mean that as well.

ezearis 05-29-2013 09:28 PM

I just translated the interview, I apologize if there're any grammar or spelling mistakes as I haven't slept for like 20 hours and I can only think about my bed.

Jon Bon Jovi: “We love Richie a lot and I trust everything will work out”

Juan Destroyer interviews the singer and frontman of the New Jersey band so he can be told about a Richie Sambora that doesn’t have the band’s doors closed and the reason of the low prices in the Madrid gig: Neither Bon Jovi or their staff are earning a dollar for playing on June, 27 at the Estadio Vicente Calderón, a gesture that honors them. As we honor the singer for knowing the numbers of unemployment in Spain.

Half an hour before the interview, the manager called me to tell me that, finally, drummer Tico Torres had a problem and would be Jon the one to answer the phone. He asks me if that bothers me, but he knows the answer. He also makes sure that I’m aware that the group isn’t charging that day and that they’re coming with the whole production. No objection, they’re being really considerate with the Spanish fans and the less we should do is echo that.

“Sorry to make you work a Saturday”, starts a Bongiovi that’s every day closer to the working class. I tell him that I don’t have any problem, as don’t interview stars like him every day.

It is true that in Madrid the band and your staff aren’t getting paid and that’s the reason the tickets were so cheap?

“Yes, it’s true. We’ve been playing around the world for like 30 years and sometimes you gotta trace the route of the tour based on the international context. So, for example, on the last one we went to countries like Greece and Croatia, but this time it isn’t possible as their economies are thrown into chaos. When I found out that the Spanish economy wasn't good either, I thought about doing a free gig in a public square, for example, but then I was told that once a public festival got out of control and there were people killed. Discarded that possibility, I agreed to do the gig in a stadium as it would give work to a lot of people. It’s a way to thank the Spanish fans for this 30 years of unconditional support. We want to show them that we’re not playing there for money, but to reaffirm that relationship that has developed between the fans and us. It’s our most sincere way to say ‘Thank you’”.

Are you only playing for free in Spain?

“Technically speaking, yes, though in other countries we’ve done what we call ‘dynamic pricing’ so the tickets wouldn’t be out of anyone’s acquisitive power. We even did that in our home, New Jersey. I guess you hear about the hurricane Sandy last year. Well, we still haven’t recovered, there’re many things to do and there is a whole lot of people affected. Consequently, we decided to donate all the earnings of the second night we’re playing at the Metlife Stadium (days 24 and 25 of July) to the Sandy victims. The place doesn’t matter, we know what’s going on around us and that’s our way to say thanks to our fans, doesn’t matter where you’re from, I’m with you”.

Are you going to bring the whole stage production, which mimics on a giant scale the chassis of a car?

“Absolutely everything. It’s the stage we’re bringing to all our stadium shows, doesn’t matter if it’s Europe, South America, Australia or Japan”.

Do you still change the setlist from gig to gig?

“Of course. There’re people that have seen us over 10 times before and that already memorized what I say between the songs, so I’d better make some changes (laughs). We do everything that’s possible so the fans can leave the show satisfied”.

What happened with Richie? Is he having drinking issues again?

“No. All I can say about it is that’s he’s facing some personal issues that he talked to us about, and there’s nothing else to say at the moment. We love him very much, I trust everything will be solved and I hope he’s ok”.

I’ve read some statements where he hints that he’s out of the band…

“I’m not going to allow this conversation to add more fuel to the gossip. No more rumors, there’s nothing else to say, all that was needed to say has already been said. He’s a great man, we love him, and nothing more”.

Phil X is filling in for him, right?

“Of course. We have a great responsibility with our fans, with our team, that needs to feed their families, and with the producers. Life goes on and I thank Phil X for making things easier for us”.

I like a lot “Amen”, the ballad of the new album “What About Now”. It is hard to sing it live?

“No, quite the opposite. I wish I were this smart back in 1987 or 1988 when I used nonsense tone changes and those acute (laughs). Now I write based on my vocal range”.

So then you don’t slow in the concerts…

“Yes, you’re right. Back then I used to compose while thinking about making the best album I could possibly make, now I think more about the concerts. ‘Amen’ fits perfectly my vocal range”.

Many fans miss your most rocker side, but that’s surely because you evolved, you’re still one of the most popular bands in the world while peer groups of the ‘80s can’t sold out a stadium anymore. It will be difficult for you to recover the essence of hair metal, right?

“Why so many labels? There’s heavy metal, hard rock, hair metal, country rock… It’s rock ‘n’ roll period. The band started at a time when a particular genre was on the top of the hill and we were immediately labeled after that. I founded the band when I was 21 years old and back then that sound came out of me naturally, but obviously, once you’re 51 you sound in a different way. If you want to stay relevant you need to evolve. Not that I’m belittling our beginning, but at the point where I find myself as a musician, I sound like this. Artists need to reflect the way they feel every moment. We decided to evolve the way you can hear in our albums”.

Is the song What’s Left of Me a reflection about what you just said?

“No, not at all, and forgive the misunderstanding, that song it’s actually about the consecueses that brings the world of the large corporations in America. After crisis started, a lot of people had to change their shows or found themselves unemployed. This song talks about a person with a lot of experience and skills that, despite all that, can’t find a job. It’s a situation that dwarfs people, that makes them feel useless, and then there isn’t much left of their former selves. Unemployment is devastating. There’s a 50% of unemployment among Spanish youth currently and 27% among the general population, right? It must be terrible to know that you can contribute to society, that you’re a handy person but the circumstances doesn’t allow you to prove it”.

Many artists claim to be on the side of the people of the streets, but the way they act doesn’t match their words. You not only express your solidarity, but have carried out actions.

“Thanks for your kind words. I’ve had social consciousness since I was really young, maybe because I’ve travelled a lot or because I’ve seen all the sides, good and bad, of the music business. Behind the actions of our foundation, of our socially conscious songs or the gig in Spain, there’re isn’t any other intention than doing what we think it’s right. Neither more nor less”.

You’re usually related to the love ballads, but now I remember that even on the lyrics of “Livin’ On A Prayer” you did the portrait of a young couple that struggled to achieve their goals.

“And if you go further back, to Runaway, that’s the story of some teenagers that spend all day in the streets doing illegal stuff for a living. I watched these boys and girls as I walked from the bus stop to the recording studio. Rock ‘n’ roll was my way of dreaming, my way to make my dreams come true and I was lucky not to have to learn to survive, I simply had to compose and play. I was luckier than those guys”.

Have you had any kind of response from Justin Bieber after you called him an asshole and urge him to learn to work?

“That was taken out of context. If you read the entire interview you will see that I emphasize on the respect to the fans, about the people that gives you two or three hours of their lives and a large sum of money to see you. The paper noted that explicit word that perhaps I shouldn’t have used. I didn’t mean to insult Justin, but ask any young artist to show respect for their fans. It’s a typical case of misrepresentation of statements by the British press, nothing more”.

Any final words for the Spanish fans?

“Hola amigos. Precio amigo. Our show, to you. We’re excited to give you all we have as a gift to the people of your country. Thank you for your friendship and support. See you next month”.

JoviJovi 05-29-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DryCounty (Post 1134911)
I'd like to add I Am to that list. That one is pretty tough to sing.

Love that song :)