Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

crashed 05-30-2013 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ben (Post 1135147)
Great news indeed! who wouldn't love to have Richie back?? fingers crossed though!
hehe it's ok Phil X can take Bobby's place like forever! lol
no more Bobby's 'Bad Name' solos lol

I can't see Phil enjoying being "second guitarist."

jessycardy 05-30-2013 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1135148)

Me neither... And, let's face it, it would be very awkward to have him there with Richie up front... There's just no way...

alonso14 05-30-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tictoc (Post 1135133)
My friend works for The Etihad Stadium (Manchester) they received a rider list today. There are demands for both Richie Sambora and Philip Xenidis. So it seems Richie will be back but Phil is continuing on in some role. Most probably back up. I'm going to email him for some more info.

Not going to get my hopes up about this. Would imagine they just haven't edited to take Richie out but instead just quickly added Phil into the generic rider for the whole tour.

samboraisgodUK 05-30-2013 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1135148)

Why not? Bobby Bandiera does it and he's a much more successful guitarist (before I get jumped on, I didn't say better). Before Phil X filled in for Richie he was an absolute nobody. I don't see why people suddenly think he needs to be in the limelight 24/7.

crashed 05-30-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1135153)
Why not? Bobby Bandiera does it and he's a much more successful guitarist (before I get jumped on, I didn't say better). Before Phil X filled in for Richie he was an absolute nobody. I don't see why people suddenly think he needs to be in the limelight 24/7.

Bobby's used to being in a band with a lot of members in the Asbury Jukes. Phil has his own band, I'm not aware Bobby has. I just don't see Phil X seeing Bon Jovi as a full time career, though I'm not saying if he wasn't offered it, he wouldn't jump at it. It's bound to be the best paying job he ever has - and I do agree that he would certainly be a better fit I think than Bobby as a cover for Richie.

ezearis 05-30-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Agree, he was a studio player, as Hugh, and this last one is on the bottom of the stage. I could see Phil as a second guitarrist of the band, but it's not gonna happen as Jon loves his Bobby Boy.

crashed 05-31-2013 12:01 AM

Okay, I'm wrong - Bobby apparently does have his own band. The Bobby Bandiera band. No-one get me tickets for xmas.

JoviJovi 05-31-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

He wasn't an absolute nobody though. He is well known in the music industry from what I can tell and has played on loads of albums:

http://www.philx.tv/discography.html

I can't imagine being happy playing Bon Jovi forever

samboraisgodUK 05-31-2013 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1135161)
He wasn't an absolute nobody though. He is well known in the music industry from what I can tell and has played on loads of albums:

http://www.philx.tv/discography.html

I can't imagine being happy playing Bon Jovi forever

Okay, so he's played on a lot of albums, he's a good session musician. But he's just that - a session musician.

How many people had heard of Phil X before he filled in for Richie the first time?
Be honest. I remember everyone clamouring around to find out who the hell he was when it first emerged he was filling in.

JoviJovi 05-31-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samboraisgodUK (Post 1135162)
Okay, so he's played on a lot of albums, he's a good session musician. But he's just that - a session musician.

How many people had heard of Phil X before he filled in for Richie the first time?
Be honest. I remember everyone clamouring around to find out who the hell he was when it first emerged he was filling in.

How many people other than Jovi and SSJ fans know who Bobby Bandiera is?