Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

steel_horse75 06-18-2014 06:43 PM

I'm listening once and that's it

Dave 1986 06-18-2014 07:42 PM

I bought the "Homebound Train" demo off iTunes just out or curiosity (mainly sound quality) and that's it. Listened to the snippet of "Full Moon High" a few times. Other than that I'm holding off until I get my Super Deluxe Edition. I have all the original leaked demos which I've hardly listened to over the years so hopefully I'll still get that album experience.

jovifan93 06-18-2014 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1178471)
They might not have individual tracks.

And after hearing some of the bumps yesterday, I'm starting to wonder about the source Obie is using. They might have used the same quality versions we all had verses a master track.

You mean from the original master/source of the leaks? Because there is no way that you could clean the leaked versions up to what is on here, there is just too much sound loss for sublte parts like keyboards, etc. to be possible. Plus it has additional intros and outros.

After thinking about it again, for them to only have the master DAT tape or what was being used at the time makes the most sense to me. They just recorded it (after all they're demos) back in the day on 8 or whatever tracks, made a rough mix and put it on tape and later into the vault. Had they kept the individual tracks (which makes not too much sense for demos), I'm sure the result would sound different...

Rdkopper 06-18-2014 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1178492)
You mean from the original master/source of the leaks? Because there is no way that you could clean the leaked versions up to what is on here, there is just too much sound loss for sublte parts like keyboards, etc. to be possible. Plus it has additional intros and outros.

After thinking about it again, for them to only have the master DAT tape or what was being used at the time makes the most sense to me. They just recorded it (after all they're demos) back in the day on 8 or whatever tracks, made a rough mix and put it on tape and later into the vault. Had they kept the individual tracks (which makes not too much sense for demos), I'm sure the result would sound different...

Good Explanation! An 8 track recorder makes sense for a taped demo done in 1988.

On a side note:
I know with Elvis material, FTD records has been know to clean-up bootleg recordings. Obviously with Elvis, what they got is all they'll get.

Even if they didn't have Jon on any recording singing We All Sleep Alone and Cad Man, they could always enhance the bootleg versions. Look what BONJOVI90 did. Could you imagine what they could do?

Captain_jovi 06-18-2014 11:29 PM

Richie's voice sounds WAY higher in the mix of Judgement Day now. So many small things I didn't notice on the demo everyone has. It took a bit but I'm officially excited for this release.

nickolai 06-19-2014 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1178505)
Richie's voice sounds WAY higher in the mix of Judgement Day now. So many small things I didn't notice on the demo everyone has. It took a bit but I'm officially excited for this release.

Yeah me too. Its like a new album.

Queue the "best album since These Days" comments coming out!

jovifan93 06-19-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1178502)
Good Explanation! An 8 track recorder makes sense for a taped demo done in 1988.

On a side note:
I know with Elvis material, FTD records has been know to clean-up bootleg recordings. Obviously with Elvis, what they got is all they'll get.

Even if they didn't have Jon on any recording singing We All Sleep Alone and Cad Man, they could always enhance the bootleg versions. Look what BONJOVI90 did. Could you imagine what they could do?

Yes, of course. I just meant that when there are subtle things that aren't hearable on the bootlegs due to noise/compression, there's no way to bring 'em back. You can clean out the noise, change the pitch, do some sideprocessing stuff, change the tempo, etc. but it's not magic ;-)

steel_horse75 06-19-2014 09:31 AM

New Jersey was the bands best album so its no surprise that the unreleased tracks are sounding great

Avantasian 06-19-2014 11:53 AM

"The second disc holds the 13 Sons of Beaches demos from the New Jersey sessions, remixed for the reissue."

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...ssue/10652465/

"Remixed" means they had the original single tracks, right?

jovifan93 06-19-2014 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Avantasian (Post 1178529)
"The second disc holds the 13 Sons of Beaches demos from the New Jersey sessions, remixed for the reissue."

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...ssue/10652465/

"Remixed" means they had the original single tracks, right?

Yeah, remixing would imply single tracks. Question is whether that information is accurate or just some journalist stating that without knowing what it actually is/what actually happened...