Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

MellyMel 04-28-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1125287)
Not saying that this has anything to do with the current state of things, but X's show on May 18 is now canceled. Just throwing some speculative fuel on the fire ;)

http://www.hollywoodsherriffproductions.com/

Well, that doesn't exactly help me have much hope.

The Rock 04-28-2013 10:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1125270)
Not sure it matters, but lets not forget the band once did this....................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjzsZP_ZmNo

That's hysterical! Richie laughs and even Alec.

I'm still finding it hard to believe this is how Richie wants to end his time with Bon Jovi. One show his there, next his gone? 30 years over like that? Wouldn't he want a proper goodbye, a farewell concert? us to know? Even the band, would they want to end it like this? I don't know what to believe.

Funny but in a way, Jon could have turned into the one person who himself ended up hating and firing. Doc McGee.

it's beyond ridiculous how much I have posted in this thread!

WillRunForChocolate 04-29-2013 01:27 AM

Quote:

Not saying that this has anything to do with the current state of things, but X's show on May 18 is now canceled. Just throwing some speculative fuel on the fire ;)

Oh noooooo!!

groover22 04-29-2013 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1125303)
That's hysterical! Richie laughs and even Alec..

I had to laugh, when at the end of that clip, the host asks Jon to leave something for the show..

Jonty 04-29-2013 02:05 AM

Better face the facts now, he isn't coming back! Can't believe that after finally deciding to get standing tickets for up front at Slane and also biting the bullet to see them at home in New Jersey that Richie won't be there.:-(

SadieLady 04-29-2013 02:40 AM

If you think the fans are unhappy being left in the dark, imagine what the promoters are feeling. They must be calling the Bon Jovi Management every day demanding news. They booked a Bon Jovi concert to make money not to have to discount tickets to get an audience in attendance.

Lisa71 04-29-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Gl4uBeR_ (Post 1125225)
I'm not sure what to think about this...

http://richiesambora.com/tour-dates/

Last week, there was the entire tour as "booked shows"... Now it says that...

Before when I looked at the link, it had no shows book, or something similar. Now it's a blank page, nothing written. I am hoping that means, they have to write up the dates now...... I hope.

bounce442 04-29-2013 02:50 AM

Quote:

That indeed says a lot.

Doesn't mean Richie won't be back, only means Richie hasn't informed the BJ camp that he will be back.

I bet they are keeping Phil on until they hear from Richie... and maybe even then on standby.

jdanielross 04-29-2013 02:59 AM

We live in an era of open and direct communication from artist to fan-base via social media. Unfortunately, the band we have chosen to follow either hasn't gotten the memo or doesn't care or is living by an old set of "rules."

It's truly ridiculous in this day and age that there's been no official word from either side about what's REALLY going on here aside from vague and open-ended "personal reasons."

They may respect each other and the BS "brotherhood," but it feels like they don't respect the fans.

JoviJovi 04-29-2013 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyLady (Post 1125334)
If you think the fans are unhappy being left in the dark, imagine what the promoters are feeling. They must be calling the Bon Jovi Management every day demanding news. They booked a Bon Jovi concert to make money not to have to discount tickets to get an audience in attendance.

Of everybody involved, the promoters are the last ones I give a shit about.

joloriquelme 04-29-2013 04:24 AM

After 218 pages, videos from Twitter, Tour blank Webpages, and ZERO information from the band and the involved 'person' let's face and prepare it:

Official information about Richie Sambora departure from Bon Jovi (or even Bon Jovi disband after the Tour) is inminent.

Conflicts between Jon and Richie, triggered after their latest solo album/tour, when he discovered the possibility of 'the freedom and peace walking alone'. No need to walk behind another name or receive constant pression/orders anymore, like he was on a company.

Keep looking at Richie Sambora bio on Twitter: www.twitter.com/TheRealSambora.
If the phrase 'Bon Jovi Consigliere' disappears... that's the only sign we need it and that would be all. Game over.

Cheers.

_Gl4uBeR_ 04-29-2013 04:26 AM

Well... I'm looking at the website someone posted about Phil X's concert being cancelled, and I can't see this information...

I'm actually seing a big advertisement for the show!!

EDIT: I've just noticed the top of the page... Nevermind what I've said, lol

Gabriel Shoes 04-29-2013 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1125261)
You're basing his reasons for leaving on theories you made up yourself. Where did he say he left because he's unhappy with the project or went against his will? He GAINED respect from you because he left the tour the day of a show and hasn't told anyone why?

Well, when you say to the press that you're going to do solo shows in the same cities this person is doing a show with his band, and this person says "that's how things are going to be from now on", and then he suddenly lefts the tour and it's clear that its not a health problem the options are really in a small number. Just my two cents.

Crushgen24/88 04-29-2013 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumen (Post 1125269)
I really don't get it… why do so many people complain about Richie and that "there is really no excuse for what he has done." A really good reason for Richie could be something really simple. Well, what if he just doesn't want to play with Jon and this band anymore…

They are working together for 30 years. I'm pretty sure Jon and Richie are not as close as they used to be. Maybe they were close in the past, but I really think at the moment they are nothing more than just colleagues. Forget all that "Brotherhood" bullshit. Also, don't forget that it's Jon's company. Jon is the boss with big "B". Maybe in 1986 the guys were a gang from New Jersey , but not anymore. According to Bob Rock since 1992 Jon is in charge and "They weren't "the gang" anymore – it was Jon and the band".

Just ask yourself: Do I really want a guitar player, who doesn't want to be there ? Do I really want an auto pilot guitar player, just because it's Richie?

I don't… plus when Richie isn't on stage, Jon really gets into the shows. He gives everything he's got and carries it, even when his voice sounds like shit.

That's just my two cents.

Before the tour that that would been completely acceptable. After the tour it would have been the same. In the middle of the tour, with hundreds of thousands of tickets sold it's unprofessional, and quite frankly a douche move.
(If that's it)

Captain_jovi 04-29-2013 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1125346)
Well, when you say to the press that you're going to do solo shows in the same cities this person is doing a show with his band, and this person says "that's how things are going to be from now on", and then he suddenly lefts the tour and it's clear that its not a health problem the options are really in a small number. Just my two cents.

You lost me, Richie's doing solo shows in the same city at the same time as the band? Richie has said nothing to the press.

The Rock 04-29-2013 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1125346)

Unless I have missed it, Richie is not doing a solo tour at the moment.

GabrielC 04-29-2013 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1125350)
Unless I have missed it, Richie is not doing a solo tour at the moment.

And if he was, he would cancel because of the poor ticket sales, anyway :rolleyes:

CKatz 04-29-2013 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabrielC (Post 1125357)
And if he was, he would cancel because of the poor ticket sales, anyway :rolleyes:

Unless he is doing more shows in Europe. :p No problem with ticket sales there.

Javier 04-29-2013 08:45 AM

He cancelled it before it was announced :p...

CKatz 04-29-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1125364)
He cancelled it before it was announced :p...

lol So now he's canceling shows that haven't even been anounced yet? What is his excuse this time? Chicken pox? How dare he! Where is his commitment to the fans? He is so irresponsible..:D :D :D

Irakli 04-29-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadyLady (Post 1125334)

I don't think promoters are really all that worried at the moment, at least not for this tour. While initially an announcement of his departure for this leg of the tour might have caused some concern, I think Phil X has been satisfactory as a temporary replacement (I think the reaction would be different if Bobby was filling in. Was anyone at the Puerto Rico show?) I mean, a lot of people at the shows refer to Bon Jovi as "him" and don't know anyone else that is in the band but for the lead singer.

I was at the San Jose show and I thought it was pretty boring but the Arena was packed and people were still really into the show. I saw a couple of people after the show pointing to the tour program and noticing that the guitar player was different but as a whole I don't think think it really matters at the moment when it comes to ticket sales and the quality of the show for the casual fan.

I can see Bon Jovi continuing on without Richie and releasing new material and touring. I wonder what an impact this would have on ticket sales. Hopefully we won't be confronted with such a scenario.

Supersonic 04-29-2013 11:28 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Irakli (Post 1125371)
I don't think promoters are really all that worried at the moment, at least not for this tour. While initially an announcement of his departure for this leg of the tour might have caused some concern I think Phil X has been satisfactory as a temporary replacement. I mean, a lot of people at the shows refer to Bon Jovi as "him" and don't know anyone else that is in the band but for the lead singer.

I was at the San Jose show and I thought it was pretty boring but the Arena was packed and people were still really into the show. I saw a couple of people after the show pointing to the tour program and noticing that the guitar player was different but as a whole I don't think think it really matters at the moment when it comes to ticket sales and the quality of the show for the casual fan.

I can see Bon Jovi continuing on without Richie and releasing new material and touring. I wonder what an impact this would have on ticket sales. Hopefully we won't be confronted with such a scenario.

Plenty of shows received Groupon deals. For the show in Omaha over a 1.000 tickets were sold through Groupon, with some tickets costing only $15,- For San Jose, 410 tickets were sold through Groupon, so you've got to wonder how many were given away through other channels.

I think its fair to say promoters in Europe are worried about the whole thing as Bon Jovi haven't sold half the amount of tickets in certain markets like they usually sell (Lisbon, Berlin, Stuttgart). Richie not coming over won't help matters much either. They're not worried about the tickets they have sold, they worry for the tickets they aren't selling right now.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Irakli 04-29-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1125372)
Aloha !

Plenty of shows received Groupon deals. For the show in Omaha over a 1.000 tickets were sold through Groupon, with some tickets costing only $15,- For San Jose, 410 tickets were sold through Groupon, so you've got to wonder how many were given away through other channels.

I think its fair to say promoters in Europe are worried about the whole thing as Bon Jovi haven't sold half the amount of tickets in certain markets like they usually sell (Lisbon, Berlin, Stuttgart). Richie not coming over won't help matters much either. They're not worried about the tickets they have sold, they worry for the tickets they aren't selling right now.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Are the groupon tickets a result of Richie's departure or just bad ticket sales due to weak album, rushed tour, ticket prices, economy...etc? Although I'm sure Richie's departure has had some impact I don't think it has been that significant especially since he is presumed to be playing on the European leg.

I agree though that Europe is a different situation for the band since most tickets for the US tour were likely sold before Richie's departure.

rolo_tomachi 04-29-2013 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1125366)
lol So now he's canceling shows that haven't even been anounced yet? What is his excuse this time? Chicken pox? How dare he! Where is his commitment to the fans? He is so irresponsible..:D :D :D

You are an ignorant. Damn haters.

CKatz 04-29-2013 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1125374)

That was a joke. I was making fun of the people you call haters and their judgmental attitudes.

DevilsSon 04-29-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

I do hope you are about 14 years old!

jbjhand 04-29-2013 12:09 PM

Quote:

Sarcasm.

Mocking, contemptuous, or ironic language.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/sarcasm

JDJovi 04-29-2013 12:28 PM

I haven't posted on this forum since 2011 but have been a regular visitor to read it.
I just felt like I had to post something on this thread just to be part of history, hope that's okay?
BTW, it really does look like there has been a bust up of some sort. From a selfish point of view I hope it can be resolved by the time they hit Manchester.
I find it hard to believe that after 30 years together that it can't be sorted, whatever it is...

jbjhand 04-29-2013 12:31 PM

Yeeeeees, welcome back to Jovitalk Jon :) a super post that.

JDJovi 04-29-2013 12:40 PM

Thank you, it's good to be back :p

MrNickel 04-29-2013 12:45 PM

The "Whole Lot Of Leaving" music video was never more poignant.

RonJovi 04-29-2013 12:58 PM

I know it's human nature to assume the worst in a vacuum but I really believe Richie will be back. Everything, for me, points to genuine personal issues.

I'm willing to bet on it. If Richie isn't back by the time Bon Jovi hit Slane, I'll streak around Slane with "Jon you're a piss poor CEO" painted on my front. Banners might not be allowed but is there any rules stopping you from painting messages on yourself?

jbjhand 04-29-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1125386)
If Richie isn't back by the time Bon Jovi hit Slane, I'll streak around Slane with "Jon you're a piss poor CEO" painted on my front. Banners might not be allowed but is there any rules stopping you from painting messages on yourself?

POST OF THE YEAR! pmsl :D

Beaky 04-29-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

I know it's human nature to assume the worst in a vacuum but I really believe Richie will be back. Everything, for me, points to genuine personal issues.

I'm willing to bet on it. If Richie isn't back by the time Bon Jovi hit Slane, I'll streak around Slane with "Jon you're a piss poor CEO" painted on my front. Banners might not be allowed but is there any rules stopping you from painting messages on yourself?

I was about to say 'I would pay to see this... ' but, re-considering, I don't think that's really what I want to convey.

'That would be hilarious' covers the sentiment more accurately... I would check the weather forecast first as well... if it's cold... well... Your rep could suffer irreversible damage.

ezearis 04-29-2013 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1125384)
The "Whole Lot Of Leaving" music video was never more poignant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBMq3lybsi4

It certainly wasn't. I'd steal this from you to post it on Facebook.

JDJovi 04-29-2013 01:13 PM

Quote:

HA HA! Brilliant!

choclady 04-29-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JDJovi (Post 1125392)
HA HA! Brilliant!

we should all do this :p ;)

Supersonic 04-29-2013 01:18 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

If you can't paint messages on your chest the front row of the GC should be hijacked by Jovitalkers each having one letter, thus forming the sentence by us all. Because this isn't a me generation, it's a WE generation! BECAUSE WE CAN!

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

ezearis 04-29-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1125394)
Aloha !

If you can't paint messages on your chest the front row of the GC should be hijacked by Jovitalkers each having one letter, thus forming the sentence by us all. Because this isn't a me generation, it's a WE generation! BECAUSE WE CAN!

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

That's true! 'Cause we weren't born to follow, you gotta stand up for what you believe!

jovigirloz 04-29-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1125399)
That's true! 'Cause we weren't born to follow, you gotta stand up for what you believe!

It's my life!