Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Avicii feat. Jon Bon Jovi - ID (Love to Fall): Not Happening (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68760)

Captain_jovi 09-19-2015 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1195004)
I never heard the story that the label wouldn't allow it because Keith is on a different one? So it must have been Keith's Label, right? Please expand on this 'fact'

I just heard the story about their vocal similarities. And when you compare the 2, Jennifer's version makes more sense.

It was something Obie said off-hand, not sure if it was a chat or to a fan. I know Becky knows the story way better than I do. I just know you absolutely need label involvement to release a song. Putting it on an album, from what I've gathered, is okay but releasing it to radio is where it gets dicey.

It's my faith 09-19-2015 06:36 PM

May I ask something? The only source on the JBJ exclusion from the single is that wikipedia page? If yes, maybe we should wait until a more reliable article surfaces.

rolo_tomachi 09-19-2015 07:19 PM

Ohh shit. I wanted to hear this song with JBJ, it would have been perfect to complement it with Burning Bridges. :mad:

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's my faith (Post 1195015)
May I ask something? The only source on the JBJ exclusion from the single is that wikipedia page? If yes, maybe we should wait until a more reliable article surfaces.

I hope you are right.
http://elaragueno.com.ve/wp-content/...3/rtcrs3y2.gif

rolo_tomachi 09-27-2015 06:04 PM

Jon Bon Jovi no sing on Avicii Album. I just listen to samples of the album and not Jon.

rocknation 09-27-2015 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1195755)
Jon Bon Jovi no sing on Avicii Album. I just listen to samples of the album and not Jon.

It may have something to do with their longer being on the same label: I don't think you should expect to hear Jon collaborating with anyone on Universal.

Becky 09-27-2015 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1195006)
It was something Obie said off-hand, not sure if it was a chat or to a fan. I know Becky knows the story way better than I do. I just know you absolutely need label involvement to release a song. Putting it on an album, from what I've gathered, is okay but releasing it to radio is where it gets dicey.

It was nothing personal between Jon and Keith--they have no qualms with each other; but Keith's label wanted it to be on Keith's album too and that wasn't going to happen. Jon has very high respect for Keith as an artist, musician, and performer. He even said that he thought that concert bill featuring Bon Jovi and Keith would be a good draw (radio interview somewhere on my I pod).

But when it comes down to it, their voices really do sound so much alike in the song, that it's hard for most casual listeners to tell who's who.

ezearis 09-27-2015 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknation (Post 1195758)
It may have something to do with their longer being on the same label: I don't think you should expect to hear Jon collaborating with anyone on Universal.

But Chris Martin is on that record and he's on Warner, for example. It's weird.

It's my faith 09-27-2015 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1195763)
But Chris Martin is on that record and he's on Warner, for example. It's weird.

Yes, but Jon wrote and released the burning bridges song. It was a bad breakup with his last label.

Rdkopper 09-28-2015 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's my faith (Post 1195764)
Yes, but Jon wrote and released the burning bridges song. It was a bad breakup with his last label.

It has nothing to do with his label... it's all about what's going to sell and what works best for the song and that's it. You think Jon is the first artist to have a feud with his label? No. How many times have you heard that so and so was supposed to be the lead actor in a movie but they pick someone else instead because of X... Same with this situation.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

IML88 09-28-2015 10:53 AM

Or, do we think the label listened to the finished article and felt the song would be stronger with a better vocalist, and that outweighed the publicity of having an aging rock star feature on the track?

I've not heard the track but his usual fodder tends to feature powerful (yet generic) vocals. Perhaps everyone felt the song lost impact with the softer brand of vocal Jon brings to the table these days.