Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   JBJ Acoustic Show BAHAMAS May/23/2015 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69061)

Rdkopper 05-28-2015 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1188276)
when he goes for the chorus on Destination Anywhere it gets obvious that his range is gone.

That was so bad. I actually feel bad for Jon.

There is no way he'll make it through a lengthy tour.

Becky 05-28-2015 12:38 AM

Love for Sale

In These Arms

Wanted

Amen

In These Arms & Never Say Goodbye

It's My Life

Thierry 05-28-2015 12:55 AM

LOL - these vocals are so bad, it's almost unlistenable. I can't sing, but I might be able to do a better job than Jon.

:rolleyes:

Javier 05-28-2015 08:53 AM

The bad thing about it is not that his voice is not up to it, but that he seems just as bored up there as I am watching it. When he stops singing ITA in the chorus, it feels like it's mostly out of not being into it coupled with of course his voice problems but the effort just doesn't seem to be there...

Jack27 05-28-2015 02:38 PM

Reunion:

Iceman 05-28-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1188281)
he can not fix with an operation?

If there was such an operation, every aging singer would take it.

No, once your voice is gone, it's gone. Unless there's a specific physical problem, like a nodule on your vocal chords, it's almost impossible to fix a voice.

It's possible to train your voice to it's maximum capability, something I don't think Jon's done. But I fear this is as good as it's going to ever get any more.

Ice

liljovi93 05-28-2015 04:14 PM

Wow, 'Amen' at around 2min 19 was absolutely shocking.

His voice cracks and he almost 'yodels'

Shocking.

ticos_stick 05-28-2015 04:29 PM

Well that puts an end to the "Jon should do an acoustic tour because his voice could cope with it" idea.

Maybe with a lot of practice and coaching to bring his voice up to a listen-able level it might be possible. He looks so disinterested though so it seems unlikely. This just sounds like a below average bar band. Since when did Bobby turn into an over weight grey old man? Is that Jon's new image for the band?

bwehehehe 05-28-2015 06:08 PM

Let's just hope Jon realizes his voice has gone downhill so he won't have any other choice but to hire a vocal coach and extend what's left of him *plays riff*

nikos greece 05-28-2015 06:50 PM

come on guys its not that bad..its truly alarming that even easier songs seem harder for him but in lower keys sounds fine to me. his upper register looks gone though and considering how hard some of the bj classics are its gonna be another hard tour that will do them no favor if nothing change...
if he cant sing wanted properly, how is he gonna sing prayer, ktf and the rest of them? and in concequtive nights? jon can handle most of the acousic shows still, he may was a bit cold from the abscence still without richie if they dont deliver sth decent the band will become a joke.