Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Dicanio 04-03-2013 07:16 PM

He was in Hollywood on March 30th according to his Facebook timeline for a friends birthday and 10 hours ago he posted a pic with the tag hanging out at the Rainbow bar, love my Canadian family. No idea where the rainbow bar is mind you! lol

Beaky 04-03-2013 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1119394)
Couldn't care less about the alcoholism as a disease debate.

I just said Richie probably wouldn't get fired in 'the real world' without a legal case... but anyway, if he has walked, Jon is obviously convinced he can get him back before the next leg.

It would have to have been a MONUMENTAL ruck for him to have walked away though, surely. I guess the alternative is, Richie knows when he is happy and he knows when he is drifting into an unhappy place that could lead to a relapse. Maybe simply going back out on the road makes him unhappy and he didn't want to risk it?

In which case, he should leave, rather than wait to be fired.

Kathleen 04-03-2013 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1119326)
<snip>

You don't love the band, only the man.
sad but true.

Perhaps you misunderstood. I do love the band but if Richie is always out (or even out a lot) my feeling is that the Band should go on. A Band is a collection of people and it shouldn't come apart due to one person. Other bands have even replaced their frontman and kept on playing.

danfan 04-03-2013 07:28 PM

Is masturbation a disease? If so, I've got it bad baby!!!

IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE???????

Crushgen24/88 04-03-2013 07:29 PM

If Richie did walk, (and I really don't think he did. I'm still leaning to the "demons" side) I'd lose all respect for him. I wouldn't care a lick if it was over "artistic integrity" or not, to screw over hundreds of crew members and thousands of ticket holders by quitting in the middle of a tour would be a douche move.

ezearis 04-03-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1119399)
Other bands have even replaced their frontman and kept on playing.

Shitty choices if you ask me, you can't replace the frontman/singer. The frontman is the frontman. Warrant without Jani Lane is not Warrant, Skid Row without Sebastian Bach is not Skid Row, and the list can go on.

Javier 04-03-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1119404)
Shitty choices if you ask me, you can't replace the frontman/singer. The frontman is the frontman. Warrant without Jani Lane is not Warrant, Skid Row without Sebastian Bach is not Skid Row, and the list can go on.

Maybe not to you, but technically speaking yes, they are still. Hell, even G'n'R who Axl changed basically the whole band is still G'n'R, it's not the same but technically speaking the band name carries on and the songs are still played so yes, it is not the same but it is still the band :p....

JoviGirl 04-03-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1119275)
Of course they would continue. In fact, I don't think the Edge was EVER able to play, yet they have been touring for over 30 years now.

LMAO...amazing.

ezearis 04-03-2013 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1119405)
Maybe not to you, but technically speaking yes, they are still. Hell, even G'n'R who Axl changed basically the whole band is still G'n'R, it's not the same but technically speaking the band name carries on and the songs are still played so yes, it is not the same but it is still the band :p....

Yes, but I was talking of frontman/singer. Though Slash was really important in the band, Axl was the frontman (and singer).

Then you have isolated cases like the AC/DC one, but is the minority.

Lisa71 04-03-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1119408)
Yes, but I was talking of frontman/singer. Though Slash was really important in the band, Axl was the frontman (and singer).

Van Halen continued.

ezearis 04-03-2013 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119402)

You made me laugh really loud.

JoviForever 04-03-2013 07:40 PM

Am I reading too much into Richie's tweet a few days ago when he asked if anyone was listening to Forgiveness Street?
At the time people said it was a bit random so maybe something has been going on behind the scenes that led him to ask that? Does somebody need forgiving for something?!

Rdkopper 04-03-2013 07:41 PM

Maybe Richie just quit the band.

Working with Jon can't be any fun. His music and this new album are completely different in terms of creativity and artistic direction. He looks miserable on stage. Maybe he just had it and said he's done?

Total speculation but you never know

JoviGirl 04-03-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1119293)
Richie has been battling an addiction issue for years. The fact that he is functional, aware of it, and addresses it each time speaks volumes. He is not some druggie laying in some crack house.

This is what you call real Rock and Roll. This issues date back to Elvis and The Beatles. Do you think we'd have "Yellow Submarine" if it wasn't for drugs?

You take the drugs and alcohol out of R&R and you get GLEE. Look, I'm not condoning any of it but the 60's, 70's, 80's, and 90's rock and roll genuineness was built on drugs and alcohol. It’s just part of the business.

There are guys in this business that have it much worse than Richie. Richie has just been in the public eye for 30 plus years. And sadly, guys die.

Just to think of the consequences if he ignored his issues and continued on with the touring...we'd possibly be talking about a dead man now.

I agree with you and I refuse to complain about him not being there. I'd rather see him battle his demons than hear he's dead in some hotel room.

I'm going to feel his absence tonight, but I think this situation made what is typically been a "cookie cutter" show, much more interesting.

JoviGirl 04-03-2013 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1119331)
Wow, Matt is doing killer business for the band Bon Jovi again with these Twitter messages.

LOL I find him quite condesending at times. But then again, there are a lot of fans who tweet ridiculous shit.

Javier 04-03-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1119408)

And this would be a case of just loosing Richie, the frontman is still there so BAM!! I win :D

danfan 04-03-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1119412)
Maybe Richie just quit the band.

Working with Jon can't be any fun. His music and this new album are completely different in terms of creativity and artistic direction. He looks miserable on stage. Maybe he just had it and said he's done?

Total speculation but you never know

I just read that rumor on Facebook....

Javier 04-03-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1119409)
Van Halen continued.

Good One!! I both hate and Love David Roth :) I like Sammy better on his own, even if nobody else does :(

Lisa71 04-03-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1119403)
If Richie did walk, (and I really don't think he did. I'm still leaning to the "demons" side) I'd lose all respect for him. I wouldn't care a lick if it was over "artistic integrity" or not, to screw over hundreds of crew members and thousands of ticket holders by quitting in the middle of a tour would be a douche move.

Thank you for saying this because it would be a shitty thing to do. To leave a band high and dry just before a show is a bullshit move. I don't care if you are a Richie fan or not. If Jon pulled that same shit, everyone would be screaming murder.

Just seems like something he wouldn't do, so it's much more than that. They have have been together for 30 years, they are professionals. I am sure that there have been fights before and they still went on stage and left everything behind. Before this tour started and they did the one off shows, Richie seemed not interested, he was not fully in the band mode and I think more disappointed in his solo CD/tour. Since the tour started, he was on fire. In fact, when all the Jon is not moving around, Richie was the one getting all the praise. So it's family or his off the wagon again or whatever but no way, he will leave in the middle of a tour.

ezearis 04-03-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1119415)
And this would be a case of just loosing Richie, the frontman is still there so BAM!! I win :D

I know, I wasn't talking about Bon Jovi, I was talking about those bands that replace the frontman.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen
Other bands have even replaced their frontman and kept on playing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzeAris
Shitty choices if you ask me.

:P

Javier 04-03-2013 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119402)

Dude seek help! That shit causes depression, and it is very unhealthy for you....

Psyched!! :p

Javier 04-03-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1119419)
I know, I wasn't talking about Bon Jovi, I was talking about those bands that replace the frontman.

:P

I still win.... lol

ezearis 04-03-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1119421)
I still win.... lol

As you want, is not like I'm getting paid for every argue I have online, lol.

JoviGirl 04-03-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1119362)
I would agree, Phil X's Twitter has been a lot quieter today than usual. There's a 70 day gap to his next gig, so he would seem to be available, but if they would need him to Phil-in again, I would expect a few days for them to sort out the details and to give him a bit of practice time, certainly for the WAN songs.

Not for a pro. A few hours practice, and maybe a chart to read. If he's as good as they say he is, it'll be enough.

Sambo-Chris 04-03-2013 08:04 PM

I doubt it since Ava is still tweeting Teeny-stuff. If something serious happened to her family she wouldn't do this.

Walkerboy 04-03-2013 08:10 PM

What else happens on April 1st other than April Fools?? Try a new tax year. Would be very easy for discussions to have taken place Monday. Jon wouldn't say anything ahead of a gig as people wouldn't turn up. Every chance that Richie wants a clean break financially as much as musically.....

Gabriel Shoes 04-03-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sambo-Chris (Post 1119427)
I doubt it since Ava is still tweeting Teeny-stuff. If something serious happened to her family she wouldn't do this.

Do you follow her? http://drycounty.com/jovitalk/images/icons/icon10.gif

Captmorgs 04-03-2013 08:17 PM

If Richie really quit the band, do you think Jon would pledge his love and support?

Neurotica80 04-03-2013 08:18 PM

Well I'm thinking if it was rehab it would have been confirmed by now. Looks like he's walked, on twitter he seems much more interested in his solo work than BJ. I'm not gonna judge him, he's up there singing Jons songs with what looks like hardly any input whatsoever. He was even made too look stupid over the whole banner debate a couple of weeks ago.

Oh and Matt tweets, what a terrible attitude that man has. So patronising its not true, needs some serious training in public relations!

Lisa71 04-03-2013 08:24 PM

Hugh's wife:

Kelli McDonald ‏@saintlyedge
In the words of Sgt. Schultz, "I know nothzing, I see nothzing and I say nothzing."

Captain_jovi 04-03-2013 08:26 PM

Haha Jeff Kazee just retweeted it. I'm pretty confused.

Sambo-Chris 04-03-2013 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel Shoes (Post 1119429)

LOL, no of course not. But you can see her tweets when you are searching for her.

LeaJovi 04-03-2013 08:33 PM

Oh, everybody is replaceable in a band as long as your music quality doesn't go downhill. A new record with Phil X on guitar and Iceman on vocals!

Walkerboy 04-03-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1119430)
If Richie really quit the band, do you think Jon would pledge his love and support?

Well would Jon publicly slate him if he thought he could talk him around for the European leg??Jon is not going to say something that could jeopardize the whole tour.

Captain_jovi 04-03-2013 08:40 PM

At no point has Jon pledged support. Last time around it was made a big deal that his place in the band was safe and he needed to take care of himself. This time it was pretty much "he's gone, not in jail or in the hospital, just not playing for awhile". He never really went out of his way to give support, just stated the facts and on with the show.

LeaJovi 04-03-2013 08:41 PM

I bet he's back on the juice since he was listening to the dreadful covers he was sent.

Lisa71 04-03-2013 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1119437)
At no point has Jon pledged support. Last time around it was made a big deal that his place in the band was safe and he needed to take care of himself. This time it was pretty much "he's gone, not in jail or in the hospital, just not playing for awhile". He never really went out of his way to give support, just stated the facts and on with the show.

Well if this quote is true, he did give support.

He's not in the hospital or jail but we love him & send him all our best. I could pack up & cancel, not an option for tonight. I need you more then ever lets go

alonso14 04-03-2013 08:44 PM

Not having people saying he has looked miserable on stage. Before this happened everyone was praising Richie commenting on how he looks like he has a new lease of life. I think it is unforseen circumstances that have come up last minute, something that is more important than the band.

I hope he hasn't quit, always followed Richie a lot more than Jon.

joloriquelme 04-03-2013 08:45 PM

OK. I had to re-register 'cause I lost my password to my old account (Jolo) and the access to the e-mail linked.

Here's my theory.

Look at the following Wikipedia article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Circle_(Bon_Jovi_album)

Then, look at this another article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Hi...Bon_Jovi_album)

Then, look at this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_About_Now_(album)

Look at the albums credits song by song.

That's very interesting. Did you see anything strange? (Well, apart from lackluster reviews).

What I look is the reason why this is happening:

This 'What about now' disc is about 'Jon Bon Jovi and other musicians'. Is not Bon Jovi as all we know. This album was made only by JBJ, while Richie was on tour promoting their own album. Richie wanted to do this several years ago. But JBJ interrupted their 'moment' (like every try in the past) and asked to go back to tour with the 'band' and focus on this only.

Then, they went for tour, that lasted a couple of dates. But Richie insist talking and promoting simultaneusly their solo project.

JBJ could had put a soft/harder 'warning' on him about their 'focus'.

Final: Richie had a bad and exagerated reaction, and abanndoned the tour because of this. The band is aware of this and is trying to cover this situation. But sooner of later everything will come up to light.

If were a family thing, very seriously thing, they simply cancelled the tour to support their bandmate. Is not like before when Riche went on rehab.

They're not cancelling anything because of there's a conflict, not an external problem.

That's my theory. Please reply with respect and sorry my english.

Cheers, sorry for my terrible english and these are harder thays for all of us... Our dreams are crashing.

Jolo.

Lisa71 04-03-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1119431)
He was even made too look stupid over the whole banner debate a couple of weeks ago.

I knew those stupid signs would be the end of this band!!