Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hysteria (Deluxe Edition) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36816)

Bleeding Purist 04-22-2014 09:25 PM

It took some time for my CD to actually come in. I listened on Spotify while I waited. I have to admit I was taken aback by the case. Not modern or elegant. I guess I was expecting a digipack.

As for the content, I'm just thrilled it's been remastered. Even upon the announcement I was more excited about the actual album being remastered than the bonus disc with early drafts. The second disc is definitely interesting and enjoyable, but I wouldn't say any of them made me go "I wish they had gone with that instead of what we got as final." I did like the slower groove of Black Train on the guitar, but not the chorus. Anger, I did not care for the chorus at all. The best of the lot for me is Raise Your Love, as I don't feel that is necessarily inferior to Slang. They both have their merits.

I also ordered the Vinyl version. I haven't really given it a listen. I kinda burned myself out streaming it on Spotify, but I'll come back to it. It just has to be the right setting.

Going to see the Leps with KISS on July 5th. I have low expectations for both when it comes to the setlists, I'm just going to be thrilled to be seeing them at this point in life. I have yet to truly have a "damn, that was awesome!" moment with Def Leppard. The first time was on the Adrenalize tour and besides hating the album, I didn't like the retread of the Hysteria show minus Steve Clark, who drove the original production with his stage performance whether people realized it or not. The best so far has been on the X tour, and that was more my issue (I drove all day up to San Francisco and arrived at the venue just minutes before they hit, so I had no energy.) Again, that was an album I wasn't crazy about (but tried my hardest to like.) At least it was a step or two above Adrenalize. Last time was on the Sparkle Lounge tour in a freaking tent on a reservation. Energy was just bleh. Even Mirror, Mirror did nothing for me despite anticipating it. The one new song was "Nine Lives" which I hate with a passion and have deleted from the album.

Dave 1986 04-22-2014 09:46 PM

I'm with you on "Anger". The chorus is just lame and amature.

I was also expecting a matching digipack to go with the other deluxe editions so the fat-boy dual case threw me a bit at first, but now I think it's fitting with the era the album is from.

I'm keen on what they'll include on Euphoria as I never bothered picking up the singles.

yomamasofat 05-21-2014 12:45 PM

Slang Deluxe edition sucks. The B-sides are even worse than the versions that made it to the original disc. Anger, LOL what a horrible chorus. I can't believe a band that released HnD, Pyro and Hysteria came up with that turd.

Looking forward to that Euphoria deluxe edition.

Raz0r 07-07-2014 03:24 PM

PHOTOS: Def Leppard guitarist wears Gene Simmons KISS gear: http://www.hennemusic.com/2014/07/ph...ears-gene.html

I'd like to go to this show, but tickets are a little high at the moment. :-/ Hopefully I'll find a deal the week they come to town. The Dead Daisies will be opening for them when the hit Atlantic City, so that's gotten me a little more excited about it. :-)

Raz0r 07-07-2014 03:27 PM

(Classic Rock) Phil Collen says Kiss are fully deserving of their place in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame but he insists he couldn't care less if Def Leppard are ever inducted.
The Def Leppard guitarist praises Kiss - who are currently on a mammoth co-headlining tour with Leppard - but is adamant he wasn't bothered about following in their bootprints.

He tells Shmonty And Conklin's radio show: "I think it's great that Kiss got in there. They should be there. They're an American band 40 years and they've been snubbed.

"For me, I really don't care, whatever. The way I look at it, I've got two diamond albums sitting on my mantelpiece - that's 10 times platinum. I've got two albums. That means the fans went out and bought it, so that means a lot more to me."

http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news...t-hall-of-fame

Right on, Phil!

Raz0r 07-07-2014 03:39 PM

(hennemusic) Def Leppard guitarist Vivian Campbell married his longtime girlfriend Caitlin Phaneuf on Friday and also explained to fans why he received a "buzz" haircut.
"My girl and I got married yesterday," posted Campbell on Saturday. "We had a great ceremony featuring family and friends and the Leppard band and crew. So happy! Pictures to follow."

He also shared an update on his ongoing battle with the return of his Hodgkin's lymphoma. "In other news, I have to buzz cut my hair as I'm leaving most of it on my pillow due to the new chemo I just started," he wrote. "I'll be sporting a new 'do' tonight in Irvine [California]."

Campbell and Def Leppard are currently on a summer tour of North America with KISS, which wraps up August 31; he'll then be able to refocus his energies on more treatment.

"I'm actually doing this new high-tech chemo treatment, I'm about halfway through it already, and it's really kind of easy going," he recently told The Daily Herald. "It's the first new drug that's been discovered for Hodgkin's since 1977 and they made this discovery in 2011, and it's actually being pioneered here at City of Hope, so I'm part of this research clinical trial that's going on."

http://www.hennemusic.com/2014/07/de...s-married.html

Congrats and best wishes to Vivan. I can't believe he's doing a DF tour while batteling cancer. Amazing guy.

Raz0r 07-19-2014 03:49 AM

DEF LEPPARD singer Joe Elliott recently spoke to Guitar International about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the band's next studio effort.

"Well, the new DEF LEPPARD album is, at this moment in time, just a writing session that lasted the entire month of February," he said. "We were hoping, at best, for three or four songs, maybe five. We ended up walking out of there with 12. They're all in various stages of undress, if you like. There are three songs that I think we could actually release tomorrow. The other nine are anywhere from having 'la-la melodies' to 'we need to record it properly.' But we've filled them up with songs that will be in the album. We'll probably pick 12 from 16 or something like that. But we've got 12, and I'm going to be working on one of them this evening.

"We're all coming back to my place the last two weeks of May to do a bit more. It will probably be more writing than recording, because we don't believe we've finished writing yet, even though we've got all those songs on the go. And then there's the tour with KISS this summer, which will take us through to September. In October, I'll be producing BLACK STAR RIDERS' second album until the end of November and then go back and finish recording and mixing the LEPPARD record. The vocals get done last, so I'll be singing up to and beyond Christmas. I'm hoping, fingers crossed, but I am making this up as I go along, so bear that in mind that we can actually deliver the CD by February 2015."

Asked about the vibe of the 12 songs that have been written thus far, Elliott said: "It's exactly what DEF LEPPARD has come to be known for. Say, from 'Hysteria' onwards, there's a lot more variety to what we did. 'Pyromania' was a solid record, but other than a couple of slow ones, all the songs was pretty much a similar feel. 'High 'N' Dry' was very much that way too. Maybe the first album was a bit more, say adventurous — but a bit more unfocused, if you like. With 'Hysteria', we realized that we could go in any direction we wanted to. We had big, glorious ballads like 'Love Bites'; strip-around songs like 'Sugar'; massive, epic pieces like 'Gods Of War'; pop songs like 'Animal' and 'Love And Affection'; straight-forward rockers like 'Run Riot'. We were covering all bases, and that's because everybody in the band was starting to contribute more and more to the writing and everybody in the band is different.

"In the mid-'90s we had 'Slang', where we had the title track which was a full-on romp through us doing Bowie meets Prince. Some of the stuff sounded like ZEPPELIN while others sounded like an R&B band. We were just letting our musical individuality ooze out.

"On these new recordings, they're all very much guitar-based, rock and roll songs — almost punk. Some of the stuff is BEATLES-esque with mellotron. We're all over the place. It's not unfocused; it's not a collection of songs that all sound the same. It's very, very wide cinemascope when it comes to the kind of tunes that we've written. There really is a bit of everything."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/def...iiktJkEPwOR.99

KSantaFe 07-19-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz0r (Post 1180303)
DEF LEPPARD singer Joe Elliott recently spoke to Guitar International about the progress of the songwriting sessions for the band's next studio effort.

"Well, the new DEF LEPPARD album is, at this moment in time, just a writing session that lasted the entire month of February," he said. "We were hoping, at best, for three or four songs, maybe five. We ended up walking out of there with 12. They're all in various stages of undress, if you like. There are three songs that I think we could actually release tomorrow. The other nine are anywhere from having 'la-la melodies' to 'we need to record it properly.' But we've filled them up with songs that will be in the album. We'll probably pick 12 from 16 or something like that. But we've got 12, and I'm going to be working on one of them this evening.

"We're all coming back to my place the last two weeks of May to do a bit more. It will probably be more writing than recording, because we don't believe we've finished writing yet, even though we've got all those songs on the go. And then there's the tour with KISS this summer, which will take us through to September. In October, I'll be producing BLACK STAR RIDERS' second album until the end of November and then go back and finish recording and mixing the LEPPARD record. The vocals get done last, so I'll be singing up to and beyond Christmas. I'm hoping, fingers crossed, but I am making this up as I go along, so bear that in mind that we can actually deliver the CD by February 2015."

Asked about the vibe of the 12 songs that have been written thus far, Elliott said: "It's exactly what DEF LEPPARD has come to be known for. Say, from 'Hysteria' onwards, there's a lot more variety to what we did. 'Pyromania' was a solid record, but other than a couple of slow ones, all the songs was pretty much a similar feel. 'High 'N' Dry' was very much that way too. Maybe the first album was a bit more, say adventurous — but a bit more unfocused, if you like. With 'Hysteria', we realized that we could go in any direction we wanted to. We had big, glorious ballads like 'Love Bites'; strip-around songs like 'Sugar'; massive, epic pieces like 'Gods Of War'; pop songs like 'Animal' and 'Love And Affection'; straight-forward rockers like 'Run Riot'. We were covering all bases, and that's because everybody in the band was starting to contribute more and more to the writing and everybody in the band is different.

"In the mid-'90s we had 'Slang', where we had the title track which was a full-on romp through us doing Bowie meets Prince. Some of the stuff sounded like ZEPPELIN while others sounded like an R&B band. We were just letting our musical individuality ooze out.

"On these new recordings, they're all very much guitar-based, rock and roll songs — almost punk. Some of the stuff is BEATLES-esque with mellotron. We're all over the place. It's not unfocused; it's not a collection of songs that all sound the same. It's very, very wide cinemascope when it comes to the kind of tunes that we've written. There really is a bit of everything."

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/def...iiktJkEPwOR.99

Sounds bloody awesome. Keen to hear what they can produce.

Raz0r 07-19-2014 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KSantaFe (Post 1180315)
Sounds bloody awesome. Keen to hear what they can produce.

My thoughts exactly K, I'm very much looking forward to this.

Raz0r 07-23-2014 03:39 PM

(hennemusic) Def Leppard singer Joe Elliott has revealed in a new radio interview that the band will delay its 'Viva! Pyromania' Las Vegas residency this was to take place this fall due, and instead the band will be focusing on making a new studio album.

"Yes, we are gonna go back and probably do 'Viva! Pyromania'. But it'll not be [until] towards the end of next year, because we've got a new record in the making," Elliott told WKGR 98.7 in West Palm Beach, Florida.

"When this tour [with KISS] ends - this tour ends mid-September - and then we'll take a couple of weeks off to just go see our families and remind them that we exist.

"And then we're gonna get back on the horse and start finishing [the new Def Leppard] album off. We did a month [writing and recording] in February, we did two weeks in May, and then we're gonna spend the rest of the year when the tour is done - most of it, at least - recording this album so we can get it out for springtime."

"And that means, if we can do that," he continued, "we'll get back out on the road by April or so, and I think we're gonna head off Down Under first, do Australia, Japan, maybe some more areas of the Far East, South Africa, and then come back up and do Europe and then we'll be back in the States in the summer and then go around the rest of the world after that. So, yeah, think we're gonna be in November 2015, back in Vegas again."

http://www.hennemusic.com/2014/07/de...las-vegas.html

Raz0r 08-05-2014 03:21 PM

Def Leppard and Iron Maiden square off in the next round of the Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame. And you’ll decide which of these two products of the New Wave of British Heavy Metal has the chance to claim this 100 percent fan-voted honor.

Vote here: Iron Maiden Vs. Def Leppard - Ultimate Classic Rock Hall of Fame, Round One | http://ultimateclassicrock.com/iron-...ckback=tsmclip

Dave 1986 06-07-2017 04:54 PM

A brand new 30th Anniversary Deluxe Edition of Hysteria is being released;

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...ox-set-w485833

Track list
CD One (Remastered Hysteria)
01 - Women
02 - Rocket
03 - Animal
04 - Love Bites
05 - Pour Some Sugar On Me
06 - Armageddon It
07 - Gods Of War
08 - Don't Shoot Shotgun
09 - Run Riot
10 - Hysteria
11 - Excitable
12 - Love And Affection

CD Two (B-Sides and Hysteria Radio Documentary)
01 - Tear It Down (B-side)
02 - I Wanna Be Your Hero (Retro Active)
03 - Ride Into The Sun (Retro Active)
04 - Ring Of Fire (B-Side)
05 - Women (Radio Edit)
06 - Rocket (Lunar Mix) (Radio Edit)
07 - Love Bites (Radio Edit)
08 - Hysteria (Radio Edit)
09 - Pour Some Sugar On Me (Radio Edit)
10 - Armageddon It (Radio Edit)
11 - Release Me (Stumpus Maximus)
12 - Classic Albums - Hysteria (BBC Radio 1 Documentary) - (15th May 1990-Joe Elliott Interview)

CD Three (Mixes / B-Sides)
01 - Rocket (The Lunar Mix - Extended Version) (B-Side)
02 - Armageddon It (The Nuclear Mix) (12" Single)
03 - Animal (Extended Version)
04 - Pour Some Sugar On Me (Extended Version)
05 - Excitable (The Orgasmic Mix) (B-Side)
06 - Rocket (Lunar Mix) (B-Side)
07 - Rock Of Ages (Live) (B-Side)
08 - Love And Affection (Live) (B-Side)
09 - Billy's Got A Gun (Live) (B-Side)

CD Four: In The Round, In Your Face (Live)
01 - Stagefright
02 - Rock! Rock! (Till You Drop)
03 - Women
04 - Too Late For Love
05 - Hysteria
06 - Gods Of War
07 - Die Hard The Hunter

CD Five: In The Round, In Your Face (Live)
01 - Bringin' On The Heartbreak
02 - Foolin'
03 - Armageddon It
04 - Animal
05 - Pour Some Sugar On Me
06 - Phil Solo
07 - Rock Of Ages
08 - Photograph

DVD One (Documentary / Live Performances / Promo Videos)
01 - BBC Rock Of Ages The Def Leppard Story - (60 minute Documentary)
02 - Rocket (TOTP)
03 - Pour Some Sugar On Me (TOTP)
04 - Animal (TOTP)
05 - Pour Some Sugar On Me (Brit Awards)
06 - Women (Promo Video)
07 - Animal (Promo Video)
08 - Pour Some Sugar On Me (Promo Video)
09 - Pour Some Sugar On Me (US Version Live)
10 - Hysteria (Promo Video)
11 - Love Bites (Promo Video)
12 - Rocket (Promo Video)
13 - Armageddon It (Live) (Promo Video)

The documentary dates from August 1989. Originally shown on BBC2 TV.

DVD Two (Classic Album Documentary)
01 - Introduction
02 - Animal
03 - Hysteria
04 - Rocket
05 - Love Bites
06 - Pour Some Sugar On Me

Bonus Material
07 - Initial Recordings of Animal
08 - Rick Gets Hysterical
09 - Hysteria (Acoustic Performance)
10 - Drumming - Return to The Status Quo
11 - The Album According to Joe
12 - Sugar Stripped Down
13 - Pour Some Sugar On Me (Acoustic Performance)
14 - Guitars, Guitars, Guitars
15 - Windmill II and The Gods Of War
16 - Mutt's Vocals in The Mix
17 - The Album is Finally Released

It's an impressive set but I have at least half of what's included, judging by my very quick scan of the track list.

rolo_tomachi 06-07-2017 10:15 PM

A commemorative edition of SWW as this, would have been great.

Becky 06-10-2017 02:33 PM

Hysteria is the best Def Lep CD IMO. I love almost every song on it and used to play it to death. The band played in Jackson in the late 80's or early 90's and I really wanted to go, but didn't get to. I've never had the opportunity to see them live. I hope to one day. Until then, I will definitely pick up this deluxe album. I never collected DL bootlegs or rarities, so all the extras will be new to me.

Dave 1986 06-10-2017 07:51 PM

There's not a whole lot new on this set in terms of music and most of it was released on the 2006 Deluxe Edition. Most of the "newer" songs on this set are single edits and the audio from In The Round, In Your Face. The DVD's are more appealing to me mainly for the Rock of Ages BBC documentary which I watched on YouTube years ago. Then there's the Top of the Pops performances which are nice to have but being lip syncs, they're sort of something and nothing. I'll have to triple-dip on the CD's in order to get them.

I would have liked a remastered In The Round, In Your Face on DVD or even Blu Ray with the whole concert as well.

Dave 1986 03-26-2018 09:11 PM

Hysteria (Deluxe Edition)

Def Leppard are releasing 4 box sets on CD and vinyl spanning entire career, includes all studio albums plus rarities. Volume One, which focuses on the 80’s is out 1st June;

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/ne...-the-eighties/

First 2 albums are being remastered for the first time and the E.P. on CD for the first time. I think I’ll be hanging back on these releases as I have most of what’s included already and I’m always skeptical of remasters. This makes me wonder, will we be getting these instead of expanded individual albums (like Euporhoia: Deluxe Edition)?

yomamasofat 04-17-2018 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1237257)
Def Leppard are releasing 4 box sets on CD and vinyl spanning entire career, includes all studio albums plus rarities. Volume One, which focuses on the 80’s is out 1st June;

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/ne...-the-eighties/

First 2 albums are being remastered for the first time and the E.P. on CD for the first time. I think I’ll be hanging back on these releases as I have most of what’s included already and I’m always skeptical of remasters. This makes me wonder, will we be getting these instead of expanded individual albums (like Euporhoia: Deluxe Edition)?

Just like you I'm staying off this one as most of the content has already been released before and I got most of them as well. I also only bought the 3 Disc edition of Hysteria 30 as I need that live recording.

It would be disappointing if there is no standalone Euphoria Deluxe Edition. I am looking forward to that, as it is their greatest album since Vault.

Bleeding Purist 04-18-2018 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yomamasofat (Post 1239317)
Just like you I'm staying off this one as most of the content has already been released before and I got most of them as well. I also only bought the 3 Disc edition of Hysteria 30 as I need that live recording.

It would be disappointing if there is no standalone Euphoria Deluxe Edition. I am looking forward to that, as it is their greatest album since Vault.

I also only bought the 3 Disc edition of Hysteria 30 just for Live ITR IYF. It was great to hear it remastered and some of the edits were nicely done. I'd normally be a purist about the original soundtrack being altered, but the audio rip of the DVD has been a mainstay in my digital library for many years (and otherwise always recorded in whatever medium was available at the time, starting with cassette upon release.) Hearing it cleaned up and edited freshened up the listening experience of the show.

I tend to cite Slang as the best album since Vault, but Euphoria is right alongside it. They did a smooth transition from Slang to Euphoria by going back to the sound they were known for while still moving forward. Songs like "Promises" were so well done that the obvious references to "Armageddon It" and "Photograph" are welcomed rather than taken for creative juices having run dry.

I imagine the deluxe edition is going to still happen. The 20th Anniversary is next year, making it the ideal time for release following the box set.

Dave 1986 04-26-2019 04:43 PM

The CD Box Set: Volume 2

Volume 2 box set out June 21st, 2019;

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/...-volume-2/amp/

Covers the 90s. It includes Adrenalize, Retro Active, Slang and Euphoria remastered and 3 discs worth of b-sides and rarities.

Rarities Vol. 2
1. Tonight (Demo Version 2)
2. When Love and Hate Collide (Original Demo)
3. From the Inside – B-Side
4. Two Steps Behind (Acoustic)
5. She's Too Tough (Joe's Demo)
6. Miss You in A Heartbeat (Phil's Demo)
7. Tonight (Acoustic - Sun Studios Version)
8. S.M.C. – B-Side
9. Hysteria (In the Club in Your Face - Bonn)
10. Photograph (In the Club in Your Face - Bonn)
11. Pour Some Sugar on Me (In the Club in Your Face - Bonn)
12. Let's Get Rocked (In the Club in Your Face - Bonn)

Rarities Vol. 3
1. Armageddon It (Live in Singapore)
2. Two Steps Behind (Live in Singapore)
3. From the Inside (Live in Singapore)
4. Animal (Live in Singapore)
5. When Love and Hate Collide (Live in Singapore)
6. Pour Some Sugar on Me (Live in Singapore)
7. When Love and Hate Collide – B-Side *(might be strings version from "Slang" CD single)
8. Can't Keep Away from The Flame – B-Side Slang
9. Truth – Original Version
10. Move with Me Slowly – B-Side All I Want
11. Work It Out (Original Demo Version)

Rarities Vol. 4
1. Bringin' On the Heartbreak (Live in Montreal)
2. Switch 625 (Live in Montreal)
3. Miss You in A Heartbeat (Live in Montreal)
4. Work It Out (Live in Montreal)
5. Deliver Me (Live in Montreal)

6. When Saturday Comes – B-Side All I Want
7. Jimmy’s Theme – B-Side All I Want
8. Burnout – B-Side Goodbye
9. Immortal – B-Side Goodbye
10. World Collide – B-Side Promises
11. I Am Your Child – Euphoria bonus track
12. Demolition Man – Denver (Web Site Bonus)
13. When Love and Hate Collide – Tokyo (Web Site Bonus)
14. Paper Sun – Tokyo (Web Site Bonus)
15. Goodbye – Tokyo (Web Site Bonus)

Just like Volume 1, most of the set contains previously released material with just Rarities Vol. 4 including previously unreleased material, which I've bolded. I was slightly more intrigued with this set than i was with Volume 1 originally but I won't be picking this up now. I can't justify £66 for 9 live tracks that I don't have. I'm torn between either purchasing them invidivually on iTunes or waiting/hoping for a Euphoria: Deluxe Edition which, like Slang, would like be more fleshed out with bonus tracks. The latter option I'm concerned may not come to be after all now with these box sets taking precedence

steel_horse75 04-29-2019 01:33 PM

Why do bands think fans want live tracks? If you have 1 live version then you dont need anymore = plus live tracks are not rare. Nor are bsides to CD singles. These boxset are for diehards and diehards will have 99% of everything a band has done.
Disc 4 should be unreleased tracks. If they dont have any then make it 3 disc set and knock a few quid off.
I hate getting live tracks and demos - thats why I was so disappointed with the GNR loaded boxset - it had every song about 6 times - Once is enough!!!

Dave 1986 04-29-2019 04:19 PM

I’m with you to a degree on that one. It depends on what the live tracks are really. The live tracks from the Slang/Euphoria tours would have only been heard by those who’ve had bootlegs. For those who don’t, this’ll be new to them. Plus the tracks included on this release will presumably be more professionally mastered.

Also, with b-sides some of them were only ever released on vinyl or not released in all territories, so with the Deluxe Editions at least (particularly Hysteria) there was an advantage to this. It’s also nice to consolidate all the pre-existing material into one package.

The audio for In The Round, In Your Face included on the Hysteria 30th Anniversary box set made sense as well as it was never released as audio-only, only DVD, and it was such a classic, electrifying performance that captured the band at the peak of their success, so it makes sense to include it.

The Slang Deluxe Edition was a nice surprise as we had, on top of (most of) the original b-sides, an entire rough mix 1st draft of the album plus a song that they started work on in 1995 and decided to finish for that release. I’m so glad they went that extra mile.

That being said, you’re right with the bulk of material on these box sets and deluxe editions being previously released. You sometimes wonder who the target audience it with the amount of content and high prices. Most hardcore fans would have most of it and casual/new fans will most likely be put off by the high price tag to start their collections here.

Johny 08-16-2019 12:15 AM

Does anybody follow the Lepps as I do?

Yesterday, they started their Las Vegas residency and what a show it was! Amazing stage and visuals, superb performance and mainly the setlist! They have amazing social media team and their videos from tour are fun to watch because you can honest reactions from the band members and also you can see them rehearsing.
If I were to transpose their yesterday's setlist to BJ, they open the show with Let It Rock, played Something For The Pain, Everyday, presented songs like Thank YOu For Loving Me and This Ain't A Love Song during an acoustic set with one song where all the members shared lead vocal, then played Just Older and No Apologies on the top of it without skipping any of the crucial hits.

Frankly, I was counting how much would it be for me to jump on a plane tomorrow and see one of the shows in the Sin City! :)

Bleeding Purist 08-16-2019 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1258279)

Yup, me. :)

Had tickets for two shows already.

Just bought one for a 3rd :p

Johny 08-16-2019 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1258280)
Yup, me. :)

Had tickets for two shows already.

Just bought one for a 3rd :p

I'm dying with envy!

I'd need a friend with a place to crash and someone in the aerolines :D

Bleeding Purist 08-16-2019 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1258281)
I'm dying with envy!

It really does help that Vegas is right next door to me, so that aspect is easy.

I suspect that the electric portion of the show may remain static while the acoustic portion gets changed up a lot. Not a bad thing, but it would be nice to see the electric at also change as I'd like to see Desert Song or even have On Through the Night return. I've also never gotten Rock Rock in person.

Supersonic 08-16-2019 07:33 AM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1258281)
I'm dying with envy!

If you're staying in Vegas on week days a lot of hotels give pretty good deals. Car rental in America is cheap and compared to most other American cities, so is flying to Vegas. I didn't care much for Vegas but that part of America is perfect for long road trips and the national parks in Arizona are awesome. If I'd not have gone to Japan and South Korea last spring I'd have gone back to Arizona to combine things with the Aerosmith residency. :)

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Kevs 08-20-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johny (Post 1258279)

Yesterday, they started their Las Vegas residency and what a show it was! Amazing stage and visuals, superb performance and mainly the setlist! They have amazing social media team and their videos from tour are fun to watch because you can honest reactions from the band members and also you can see them rehearsing.
If I were to transpose their yesterday's setlist to BJ, they open the show with Let It Rock, played Something For The Pain, Everyday, presented songs like Thank YOu For Loving Me and This Ain't A Love Song during an acoustic set with one song where all the members shared lead vocal, then played Just Older and No Apologies on the top of it without skipping any of the crucial hits.

Frankly, I was counting how much would it be for me to jump on a plane tomorrow and see one of the shows in the Sin City! :)

have loved watching the social media updates. Glad I saw them twice with Jovi but wished they had done something together

Dave 1986 08-20-2019 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevs (Post 1258369)
have loved watching the social media updates.

I loved Joe doing his Basil Fawlty impression on their Instagram last year. A classic British band quoting a classic British comedy show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevs (Post 1258369)
Glad I saw them twice with Jovi but wished they had done something together

This was cool to see Jon meeting up with them backstage on their UK tour.

https://youtu.be/ik2UGodYt4o

Kevs 08-21-2019 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1258372)
I loved Joe doing his Basil Fawlty impression on their Instagram last year. A classic British band quoting a classic British comedy show.

This was cool to see Jon meeting up with them backstage on their UK tour.

https://youtu.be/ik2UGodYt4o

yeah it was

Captmorgs 09-02-2019 10:43 PM

Got last minute tickets to see Def Leppard in Vegas last night. Great show. Joe Elliott’s voice also isn’t what it once was, but still plenty enjoyable. From what I gather they played more songs from Pyromania and less newer songs in the first half of the set than normal during this residency.

Also saw Phil X at the show. Said hey to him, and he was cool and said hi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave 1986 01-29-2020 03:11 PM

Def Leppard To Release ‘The Early Years 79 – 81’ Box Set In March.

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/...s-box-set/amp/

Joe announced that the Sin City Residency live DVD/Blu Ray will be released "soon" along with the UK Hysteria tour DVD from 2018.

Johny 02-01-2020 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1261187)
Def Leppard To Release ‘The Early Years 79 – 81’ Box Set In March.

https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/...s-box-set/amp/

Joe announced that the Sin City Residency live DVD/Blu Ray will be released "soon" along with the UK Hysteria tour DVD from 2018.

Three great news!

Plus I can't wait to see them again, this time in the USA ;)

Dave 1986 02-05-2020 12:23 AM

I might pick up The Early Years as it has more material that I don’t already own, unlike the previous two Volumes which only had a handful of tracks I didn’t already have. Plus it looks like this set has all the bonus tracks previously exclusive to Volume 1.

Dave 1986 04-23-2021 04:52 PM

Volume 3 has just been announced, which covers the 2000’s from X to Songs from the Sparkle Lounge;

https://www.defleppard.com/def-leppa...-june-11-2021/

Bleeding Purist 04-23-2021 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave 1986 (Post 1273279)
Volume 3 has just been announced, which covers the 2000’s from X to Songs from the Sparkle Lounge;

https://www.defleppard.com/def-leppa...-june-11-2021/

The best thing about this is that a volume 4 is coming. God willing - that volume 4 gives us a completely redone "Live In The Round - In Your Face" ala what Pink Floyd just did to "Delicate Sound of Thunder." Steve needs to be seen in HD/4K HDR widescreen without Isham's visual quirks getting in the way (that entire behind the curtain sequence before the drop is a mess of video effects and poor angles.)

Dave 1986 04-23-2021 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleeding Purist (Post 1273281)
The best thing about this is that a volume 4 is coming. God willing - that volume 4 gives us a completely redone "Live In The Round - In Your Face" ala what Pink Floyd just did to "Delicate Sound of Thunder." Steve needs to be seen in HD/4K HDR widescreen without Isham's visual quirks getting in the way (that entire behind the curtain sequence before the drop is a mess of video effects and poor angles.)

That would be great but I doubt a Volume 4 would cover that. Volume 4 would be covering the 2010’s which will obviously include the 2015 album, maybe Mirrorball and probably some live audio from concerts of that decade. We haven’t had any DVD/BD discs with these box sets so I’m assuming a Volume 4 would continue that trend.

LItR,ITF definitely needs an HD remaster though. The DVD was terrible quality and the sound mix was pretty poor as well. I hope they preserve whatever the original aspect ratio it was and no cropping-to-16:9 happens. A true HD 4K scan would really bring that show out.

I’m not really interested in Volume 3 in all honesty. I may purchase the B-Sides digitally individually but I’m not even sure about that. The 2000’s were generally lacklustre compared to the 80’s and 90’s and I pretty much “lived” that era. Got some great memories of collecting the bands music (past and then-present) and the lives shows I went to, but I’m not bothered about diving back in that time again.

There’s also a digital release entitled X, Yeah! & Songs From The Sparkle Lounge: Rarities From The Vault, which as the title suggests, is basically Volume 3 minus the studio albums;

X, Yeah! & Songs From The Sparkle Lounge: Rarities From The Vault by Def Leppard https://music.apple.com/gb/album/x-y...ult/1562188926

This is more appealing to me than double-dipping on those albums. Hopefully there’ll be a physical release as well. The Yeah! 2 disc also includes covers from the Euphoria era that weren’t included on Volume 2.

Dave 1986 02-28-2024 02:47 PM

Pyromania 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition

Pyromania 40th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition;

https://store.defleppard.com/collect...th-anniversary

https://store.defleppard.com/collect...t-shirt-bundle