Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   This House Is Not For Sale (2016) - Post Album Release Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69728)

Rdkopper 10-29-2016 11:58 PM

The above was my outlet for introducing this into this thread... I guess Bobby really is on the outs... Anyone know who this guy is? And does this mean that the KOS is done too?

Old Joysey 10-30-2016 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1212557)
The above was my outlet for introducing this into this thread... I guess Bobby really is on the outs... Anyone know who this guy is?

Yes, I do. :mrgreen:

Rdkopper 10-30-2016 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1212558)
Yes, I do. :mrgreen:

And The Circle is complete!!!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

symbeline 10-30-2016 12:13 AM

Touch of Grey is not what I imagined at all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1212443)
Probably because the album is so personal and this one is more socially conscious. It would have been a better fit for What About Now. I don't think it's about a politician but about people in general being agents of change. But this is exactly the kind of song that's been getting a lot of backlash in general for the last few years. This one may be as genuine as can be, but it fits the vein of songs like WAN that sounded trite.

This.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1212453)
It's not a terrible song, and I like the colour analogies in the lyric, but it's a very post-2000 generic song. If it were an actual track on the album it wouldn't be a massive issue IMO, only because the rest of the album isn't like this at all. Had it been on WAN/HAND/Bounce etc, it would've been another infuriating track of the same old same old.

And this.

It's not the type of song I like and I'm happy I didn't pay extra for this track only, but I'm also glad I gave it a chance and I didn't stop after the first few moments like I would have in the past with similar songs. It got much better. I actually like the song a lot but the lyrics are very heavy handed and that's what drove me away from the band in the first place. The patronizing universal social themes to educate the fans in the trials and tribulations of the middle class. I know, I read the newspapers, I live that life, I want to listen to good songs not a lecture on social conscience lol

But this one gets a pass. In part because it's track 18 in an extremely solid albums and at this point they could have We Got It Going On and I would go "okay, don't care, it's statistically impossible to have a 100% perfect album". Also because this seems a well thought song that has pretty good vocals and gets pretty cool towards the end. Which means they probably didn't record whatever they had in the first place and gave it a distinct personality.

One thing all the new songs have in common is that you can see they put the extra effort in them, even the bonus tracks, whether you like them or not. The bonus tracks are obviously not simple demos. They are all different styles but there are also common themes. And they don't sound lazily created in 5 minutes to fill in a deluxe edition. After HAND almost all the songs lacked energy (not talking about guitars), both album tracks and the few bonus we got. Decent lyrics got drowned by a flat delivery and/or unispiring music in most of them. The "sense" of energy was like a fake last minute addition: some autotune to give more punch to a chorus, short solos to justify having a guitarist, a few tricks to give the illusion of surprise... they didn't sound like they came from an organic process. I know many won't agree and I can't really give a scientific explanation, that's just how I felt after a few listens and why the albums never really stayed with me.

Anyway, thanks a lot newikov. For some strange reason this is the song I was waiting for the most!

Old Joysey 10-30-2016 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1212559)
And The Circle is complete!!!

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

I answered your question.
Not my fault if the most knownothing whatever can't recognize a musician Jon has been hiring for years for his side projects.
I'll give you a hint: he used to be seen playing another instrument when Bobby was around.

nikos greece 10-30-2016 12:29 AM

https://youtu.be/FdUtwyLw0CU

noticable improvement from jon, nice vocals for acoustic rendition...

Rdkopper 10-30-2016 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1212563)
I answered your question.
Not my fault if the most knownothing whatever can't recognize a musician Jon has been hiring for years for his side projects.
I'll give you a hint: he used to be seen playing another instrument when Bobby was around.

If you are thinking of Kurt Johnson, I'm not sure if that's him...

symbeline 10-30-2016 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1212564)
https://youtu.be/FdUtwyLw0CU

noticable improvement from jon, nice vocals for acoustic rendition...

Well, it's acoustic. He's been sounding solid on acoustic stuff lately.

This LH was pretty decent. But we are still talking about acoustic/easy songs. I'm afraid I'm not very optimistic :-(

Rdkopper 10-30-2016 12:54 AM

Jon on Howard!!!! 2:03 mark

JackieBlue 10-30-2016 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1212556)
You are right there with them...I still think you two would be the perfect couple... A nice little Bon Jovi wedding with Ex-Rhythm Guitar Player Bobby Banderia serenading you two down the isle...

I seriously hope that wasn't supposed to be an insult because I'd actually consider myself to be in good company. :)

But I'm not at all sure about your whole wedding idea. First, Old Joysey's wife would probably have an objection to that. Second, while I have no problem with Bobby as a guitarist, if I were given a choice, I'm pretty sure my vote would go to a different ex-JBJ 'sidekick'... ;)