Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Supersonic 04-30-2013 08:21 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 1125801)
I'm pretty sure you are able to cancel them on Backstage. As far as I know Americans could do this too for the first leg of this tour.

Yeah, but you've still got to get yourself to the venue "to pick up your refund".

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

crashed 04-30-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1125807)
Judging by Ava's tweets being as normal as ever, I don't see it being illness. If it is serious illness it would be all over the media by now. No way to keep that quiet.

Not really. When my father-in-law was having chemotherapy things carried on as normal. No-one freaked out.

Walkerboy 04-30-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1125810)
Not really. When my father-in-law was having chemotherapy things carried on as normal. No-one freaked out.

See, surely it would be best thing to announce if it was cancer or something..... Fans know where they stand and sympathise (though most would then say cancel tour).

Jovimimi 04-30-2013 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1125786)
It's the end. Been a nice ride, Europe get ready for the shittiest gigs you've ever seen.

THAT !
IT IS GOING TO SUCK this tour
But being at each venue for a refund it such a joke
I'll be there and show my feelings
I will buy an iPad to not get too bored at the shows -candy crush is my friend

jbjhand 04-30-2013 08:29 PM

Brilliant Seb. Just brilliant :)

crashed 04-30-2013 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1125813)
THAT !
IT IS GOING TO SUCK this tour
But being at each venue for a refund it such a joke
I'll be there and show my feelings
I will buy an iPad to not get too bored at the shows -candy crush is my friend

Take your knitting :p

Walkerboy 04-30-2013 08:35 PM

Just see the video for "What About Now" and I think it sums up today's news. Never seen such a Jon-centric Bon Jovi video in my life. They did the minimum to keep Richie in it....... and that set's us up for "JBJ & Friends" going forward.

I'm going to miss those on stage moments like Wanted and I'll Be There For You, with the Jon/Richie chemistry.

danfan 04-30-2013 08:38 PM

I haven't been able to keep up with the news (or lack there of) - Any word on refunds for US dates?

Yvonne 04-30-2013 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1125809)
Aloha !

Yeah, but you've still got to get yourself to the venue "to pick up your refund".

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Your kidding right???

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-30-2013 08:40 PM

Well I got nothing to add to whats been said already.... Don't know what to say.
It will never be the same without him, never!

:( Richieless Stockholm in 3 weeks

milomom 04-30-2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne (Post 1125819)
Your kidding right???

Unless I missed something, in the U.S., the only ticket buyers who could get refunds were those who bought from Backstage (not from Ticketmaster), and they had to request the refund at the venue. Now wasn't that a clever way to keep any demand for refunds down? Also, I heard that they were only refunding the price of the tickets - not of any VIP packages that people had purchased, but I don't know that for a fact.

Yvonne 04-30-2013 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 1125821)
Unless I missed something, in the U.S., the only ticket buyers who could get refunds were those who bought from Backstage (not from Ticketmaster), and they had to request the refund at the venue. Now wasn't that a clever way to keep any demand for refunds down? Also, I heard that they were only refunding the price of the tickets - not of any VIP packages that people had purchased, but I don't know that for a fact.

I shall keep an eye out for this news on Backstage, thanks for the info Terri. I'll happily go to London for the day and get my refund :)

bjcrazycpa 04-30-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1125818)
I haven't been able to keep up with the news (or lack there of) - Any word on refunds for US dates?

For the moved NMS date, yes, Ticketmaster is offering refunds. But, they haven't said that Richie won't be around for the US stadium dates, at least, not yet.

JoviJovi 04-30-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milomom (Post 1125821)

This is all correct

efiste2 04-30-2013 08:46 PM

Well after that news I think we all deserve some sort of explanation WTF is going on, If he has left, then announce it and we can all come to terms with it........although I will be going to Manchester, I feel very let down by the whole situation, It was always a part of what endeared me to the band for the last 28 years that they played it fair to the fans. If he has walked then im my eyes Richie has let us all down by starting the bloody tour then quitting.......Im gutted and I dont know about you guys, but I find it hard even to listen to Sambora or Bon jovi tunes at the moment.
I bet Jon is furious at this situation but why he cant announce what is going on to the fans, the very people that finance his/their empire, is nothing short of deplorable!!!!!

Lunk 04-30-2013 08:46 PM

Now Jon's brother says on twitter:

"Richie is still in band. It's not money it's not ego it's truly personal for him. He will be back in time. Support with love"

badmoon 04-30-2013 08:47 PM

''@MatthewBongiovi: Richie is still in band. It's not money it's not ego it's truly personal for him. He will be back in time. Support with love''

I swear I really don't know if I should believe this man. He's probably just doing damage control.

If it's personal then why the hell can't Richie himself say ''I am still in the band''?

Supersonic 04-30-2013 08:47 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunk (Post 1125826)

"Richie is still in band. It's not money it's not ego it's truly personal for him. He will be back in time. Support with cash"

How the **** can he be back in time when he's missing out on 3 legs of the tour? I doubt Matt confirming it's a money issue as well. I fixed the tweet.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

danfan 04-30-2013 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunk (Post 1125826)

"Richie is still in band. It's not money it's not ego it's truly personal for him. He will be back in time. Support with love"

Oh bullshit.

It's all about the money. Matt's money that he gets by being Jon's lap dog. If the tour is cancelled, he makes no money. He's just covering his own ass.

If Richie is TRULY in the band still, then it's time to man up, stop with this unprofessional bullshit, and tell the fans what the hell is going on.

idbl_fanatic 04-30-2013 08:48 PM

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 3m

Richie is still in band. It's not money it's not ego it's truly personal for him. He will be back in time. Support with love

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 04-30-2013 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1125788)
Lol, I would really laugh my ass off if Europe gets Bobby only.

No laughing please. It really wouldn't be funny at all... well at least I only booked one show.

bounce442 04-30-2013 08:49 PM

I hope I'm not just being optimistic here, but I don't think this means it's over for good. I think it just means the BJ camp hasn't heard if Richie will be back, so they're just making plans... apparently the show must go on.

I wouldn't give up hope on him being back for the US summer leg.

jdanielross 04-30-2013 08:50 PM

I'm glad I got to see the band one last time (in Lousiville back in March) before the wheels fell off this band.

I'm holding out a small sliver of hope that it's not the end of the Richie-era but it's not looking good and no one is talking. :mad:

danfan 04-30-2013 08:51 PM

Tom Hamilton is out of Aerosmith's tour due to illness. They just came right out and said he was sick and would be missing the tour. This "personal issue" nonsense is really starting to piss me off.

I "personally" spent $500 on 2 gigs to see the whole band, and if I'm not going to see the whole band I want my goddamn money back.

Walkerboy 04-30-2013 08:53 PM

Next tour might be 3/4 years away - Richie coming back then is too late for most of us..... This was likely to be our last BJ gig this summer, now I think we've already been to our last gig.

bounce442 04-30-2013 08:58 PM

Granted, this situation is a game changer and I wouldn't be surprised if this is last BJ tour. I don't think Richie is sick... Jon would have shown some sympathy. Until I hear the reason for sure, I am holding judgement, but as hard as I try, I can't really see any scenario where Richie isn't to blame. If Jon's a dick and caused a tough work environment, so be it... carry on until the end of the tour. If it was a family issue, surely it would have been resolved (or at least managed) by now... and again, Jon would have been more compassionate, I'd think.

Like I said, this will change things. Richie will most likely not be seen as reliable... thus possibly ending the band, but I also wouldn't be surprised to see him back for the last few shows.

RonJovi 04-30-2013 09:01 PM

I still really believe this is genuine personal issue. The band have nothing to gain by taking this line, they're just pissing people off. If it comes out that Richie is gone then Jon is dead in the water. The damage to his reputation amongst his fan base will be huge.

Richie needs to make a statement one way or the other. No one is believing the official Bon Jovi line and the uncertainty is damaging to everyone.

bounce442 04-30-2013 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1125840)
I still really believe this is genuine personal issue. The band have nothing to gain by taking this line, they're just pissing people off.

The band has ticket sales on remaining dates to gain... which is A LOT of money... They want Sambora fans to have hope.

But you are right... it is Richie's place to tell why. And he should... soon!

danfan 04-30-2013 09:05 PM

Was able to get a refund for the Mohegan show (due to it being rescheduled), but there are no refunds for the Foxboro show.

MJB12 04-30-2013 09:10 PM

I bet that Mohegan show gets cancelled. No way they're going to do another US leg in the fall now, yet alone just a one-off show.

RonJovi 04-30-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1125841)
The band has ticket sales on remaining dates to gain... which is A LOT of money... They want Sambora fans to have hope.

But you are right... it is Richie's place to tell why. And he should... soon!

How much money are they protecting though? How much would it cost if they came out and said he left. A lot of people would still go as long as Jon is there.

Ticket sales haven't been great in Europe. If this is what their game is, why not hold off until they shift a few more?

And what's the long term cost? If Jon is proven a liar here, he will lose a lot of fans and a lot of respect. His career will suffer for it.

Jon is a smart businessman and a proud man. He will have a longer term view than the next US leg of the tour.

danfan 04-30-2013 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJB12 (Post 1125846)
I bet that Mohegan show gets cancelled. No way they're going to do another US leg in the fall now, yet alone just a one-off show.

Neh. Jon's an arrogant ass who feels as though he's the band. If he didn't, this tour would be cancelled already.

danfan 04-30-2013 09:14 PM

The US Stadium shows had slow ticket sales as it was. I would bet money that those shows will be moved to sheds or arenas now.

rolo_tomachi 04-30-2013 09:14 PM

Richie must have some disease. Hope it's not cancer. It would be the only reason for not giving explanations however.

Richie is my idol. I hope this good.

crashed 04-30-2013 09:17 PM

[QUOTE=danfan;1125849]Neh. Jon's an arrogant ass who feels as though he's the band. If he didn't, this tour would be cancelled already.[/]

Once again, why? Hundreds of people have to be out of work because Richie doesn't show up? Richie isn't the band either.

Chris_Newton 04-30-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1125853)
Richie must have some disease. Hope it's not cancer. It would be the only reason for not giving explanations however.

If he has, his daughter is hiding it very well

Living_on_my_Hair 04-30-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1125853)

Oh ffs, not you again.

Andi

SadieLady 04-30-2013 09:19 PM

I do sympathise with those of you in SA and Europe who are crushed with the news. I recall how I felt spending money on flights, hotel and ticket to get to my first live Jovi show and being told that Richie wouldn't be there. But I must say I (and other Americans) could have used your sympathy last month rather than all your comment about "Richie will be back in Europe, they wouldn't dare tour Europe without Richie, they would have to cancel the tour," etc. The shows go on and now you know that Bon Jovi treats its European fans just as well as it treats its American fans. Maybe you are not so special after all although to can take some comfort in their twitter message about being off to 'WONDERFUL Europe."

Captmorgs 04-30-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1125851)
The US Stadium shows had slow ticket sales as it was. I would bet money that those shows will be moved to sheds or arenas now.

Doubt it. Say they've sold 30,000 tickets to Soldier Field, then they're going to move it to the 18,000 capacity United Center?

Concert Queen 04-30-2013 09:21 PM

Matthew Bongiovi‏@MatthewBongiovi34m
Richie is still in band. It's not money it's not ego it's truly personal for him. He will be back in time. Support with love