Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Official July 15, 2008~MSG, New York PBP Thread (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=46026)

lisaluvsjovi 07-16-2008 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 866204)
I hope you are right about the DVD tracklist - but we'll see if they release anything at all.

Well they definitely filmed it, the damn boom was blocking my view the whole night. lol.

lisaluvsjovi 07-16-2008 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jade4jovi (Post 866164)
I guess it's always gonna be like this...mixed reviews - that's life. But I still always find it kinda weird, how people can go to the same show - and see something completely different! lol. Quite amusing in a way...

But wow, Wrath Mania sure is pissed!

I think the majority of people who were ok with night 2 were the one's who went to both nights, so they got a nice mix. I for one couldn't afford to do CP, night 1 and night 2 so I chose night 2 being it was the last show, thinking it would be "special".....it really wasn't. I did have a great time though, and I didn't pay for my tickets, so I'm not complaining too much! lol

Aquamarin 07-16-2008 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RSROCKS (Post 866244)
I don't even own the LH DVD.

lmao. Wise decision I reckon. http://www.smilies.4-user.de/include..._happy_223.gif

I just have it because I had some birthday money "left"...in retrospect though...:rolleyes:
Well, I should watch it first I guess. :lol:

I just want a good and rocking new DVD. With a nice setlist. (I'm easily satisfied, aren't I.)

Let's just hope the DVD plans won't be dropped after all.

Emil 07-16-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Good call. I talked my brother into purchasing it, watched it once, and then decided to never ever buy the damn thing. You got to keep it smart, people. :p

RSROCKS 07-16-2008 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emil (Post 866258)
Good call. I talked my brother into purchasing it, watched it once, and then decided to never ever buy the damn thing. You got to keep it smart, people. :p

Ha Ha thanks Emil. I bought the TLFR DVD even though I didn't like the album hoping they would sound more like the acoustic versions of songs and to see the "extras" included on the DVD. This LH DVD didn't even have good extras cause quite frankly, Jon and Richie talking about how great the album is not what I find interesting.

Oh well, I at least hope this DVD is decent and includes Dry COunty.

bj4ever 07-16-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

i only have it because i saw it on amazon for less than 2$....so i bought it, but only put it in once....and watched for about 2 minutes as i only listened to the start of every song

Captain Walrus 07-16-2008 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 866226)
Aloha !

What he probably means is that Living In Sin is played every tour while songs like I Believe and This Ain't A Love Song had not been played for some time now. With Bon Jovi being capable of giving songs like Hey God, Damned and I Believe an outing in Europe, he expected the band to do the same at MSG.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Yeah, admittedly it's a fair point. This show could have been a celebration of the whole tour, and by the sounds of it, it really wasnt

Crushgen24/88 07-16-2008 08:00 PM

Better late then never, my review:
Bon Jovi~7/15/07~Madison Square Garden

This one’s a tough review to write, as my feelings on the night are really conflicted at the moment. Let’s start from the beginning, and say that the Jovi-Talk meet up was a lot of fun. Both Teresa and I enjoyed it, and I really hope we do more next tour, whenever that is. Alright, now that that’s out of the way, let’s start tearing apart ~AHEM~ reviewing the show:

1. Glad All Over (Dave Clark Cover)
2. Lost Highway
3. Born to Be My Baby
4. You Give Love a Bad Name
5. Summertime
6. Raise Your Hands
7. I Love This Town
8. I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead
9. Living in Sin / Chapel of Love
10. Whole Lot of Leavin’
11. In These Arms
12. Any Other Day
13. We Got It Going On
14. It’s My Life
15. Keep the Faith
16. I’ll Be There For You (Richie Sambora on vocals)
17. Make a Memory
18. Blood on Blood (Acoustic~Electric)
19. Someday I’ll Be Saturday Night
20. Have a Nice Day
21. Who Says You Can’t Go Home
22. Bad Medicine / Shout

Encore:
23. Runaway [replaced Always on setlist]
24. Wanted Dead or Alive
25. Livin’ on a Prayer

At first I thought our seats would suck, since they were high. But the layout of the Garden as it is, the seats had a tremendous sightline of the stage, and we could basically see the entire crowd. Got a lot of great pictures with my new camera. All American Rejects were MUCH, MUCH better tonight, and played a much more effective setlist. They switched up the order of their set, and played “Drive All Night.” Got a full video of the new song, and all in all it was a much improved set. Now onto my 10th Bon Jovi concert. Starting the show with Glad All Over was an interesting choice. Crowd was dead for it, and something was wrong with the sound. Couldn’t even tell what song it was at first. LH got the crowd jazzed up, but was the slower version. BTBMB and Bad Name were both good, and the crowd was eating up the show. Next came Summertime, a song I like, though most people don’t. In any case, it was a change from last night. The crowd really popped for RYH. The band was really getting into a groove at this point. I was quite happy to have ILTT out of the way this early., and the NY sports teams in the video Sleep When I’m Dead sounded great, but the lack of medley bothered me. Livin’ In Sin was great. Jon sounded much better than the Prudential show last year, and more of the crowd really seemed to dig it. The Going to The Chapel ending was better as well, especially since it was done in full. WLOL went over well again. It was great hearing ITA again. I was surprised they played AOD two nights in a row, but being that it’s my favorite LH song I didn’t mind. The WGIGO/IML combo whipped the crowd into a frenzy, and the performance of Faith blew them up. Richie killed IBTFY again. Jon on the platform started out with Memory, which IMO sounded better last night. I was wondering what song we’d get next, and knew it wouldn’t be BoR, as Jon held onto his guitar. Jon began the acoustic version of Blood on Blood, and the band joined in on the second verse. Jon worked his way back to the stage during the solo, and sang the rest of the song from there. It was an amazing performance and the definite HIGHLIGHT of the night. Got an amazing video of it, though I missed the first verse. I’ll upload it later on. SIBSN is always a special experience for me, as the song has meant a GREAT DEAL to me over the years. Wish it had been the extended version, but the song was great nonetheless. Best version I’ve ever heard, and these two songs back to back were amazing. HAND was good as usual. Who Says was okay, but the damn Alrights still go to damn long. Bad Medicine was pretty good as well, and I could even stomach SHOUT. The main set was great last night, simply great. 8 different songs from the night before, a great 1-2 punch of BoB and SIBSN. I was so excited for the encore, and so let down at it’s end. Runaway leading off doesn’t really bother me. I can think of a lot of songs I’d rather hear, but I didn’t mind Runaway in that spot. When Wanted started next, I got really worried that this was it. Then came Prayer. I knew Prayer would be the end, just new it. I tried to push everything from my mind, and just enjoy the song, since who knows when the next time I’ll see the band is. I was successful there, as Prayer always gets to me. In any case, after that it was bows. It was so damn disappointing. Great show, performance-wise. And on any other night, it would be a good set, but NOT THE LAST NIGHT OF THE TOUR. The 3-song encore left a very bad taste in my mouth. All in all though, All three shows this week were great, much better than last year. But still, the Last Night could have and should have had more.

RSROCKS 07-16-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 866289)
And on any other night, it would be a good set, but NOT THE LAST NIGHT OF THE TOUR. The 3-song encore left a very bad taste in my mouth. All in all though, All three shows this week were great, much better than last year. But still, the Last Night could have and should have had more.

That's the way I feel about this show. Any other night, this could be labeled as a good setlist for what they play here in the U.S. but it's just unacceptable for the last night of the most successful tour of their career. Especially when you look at what they played on the HAND tour of the last night.

Glad you had a decent time though Brian and I will definitely make it next year to meet up with everyone!

hackster73 07-16-2008 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thierry (Post 866170)
I'm totally with WrathMania - although I wasn't at the show. According to the setlist this must have been a really easy show for Jon to do. A lot of lower songs and easy to sing songs. Especially when it is the last show of the tour you'll expect something better.

But then I expected more from the last show in Europe, but they closed with 'Twist & Bloody Shout'