Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Bruuuuce (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=53654)

Thunderstrucker 08-22-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1087554)
Give me some recommendations! :)

My favourites, I'd have to say, are:

Youngstown/Racing In The Street
Downbound Train
Lost In The Flood
Spirit In The Night/The River
Murder Incorporated

I am not a fan of most of the tracks you mentioned apart for The River and Racing in the Street. I heard Spirit In The Night live and I found it a bit of a mess. It's hard to name favorite songs but ill give it a go:

Roll of the Dice (Especially the MTV Plugged version)
No Surrender (both normal live version as the one on the Live '75 boxset)
Land of Hope and Dreams (especially the live version of the Barcalona DVD)
Thunder Road (I just cannot get enough of how the sax rips it in the end, brilliant!)
Back in Your Arms
This Hard Land
Born in the USA

Something like that ;-)

I salute you,
TS

KeepTheFaith2211 08-22-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 1087612)
I am not a fan of most of the tracks you mentioned apart for The River and Racing in the Street. I heard Spirit In The Night live and I found it a bit of a mess. It's hard to name favorite songs but ill give it a go:

Roll of the Dice (Especially the MTV Plugged version)
No Surrender (both normal live version as the one on the Live '75 boxset)
Land of Hope and Dreams (especially the live version of the Barcalona DVD)
Thunder Road (I just cannot get enough of how the sax rips it in the end, brilliant!)
Back in Your Arms
This Hard Land
Born in the USA

Something like that ;-)

I salute you,
TS

I must admit 'Thunder Road' has never really took my fancy whereas I used to love 'Born In The USA'. However, I find it a little boring now. 'No Surrender' and 'Land Of Hope And Dreams' are great, though!

Thunderstrucker 08-22-2012 09:05 PM

That's the great thing about personal taste. Everyone can share it and everyone picks something else out of it that is of use for themselves ;-).

Glad to be of service!

I salute you,
TS

ticos_stick 08-23-2012 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 1087598)
The horn section isn't there to make up for Clarence. The last tours Clarence wasn't playing that much and was making more mistakes during his solo's. No horrible ones, just the ones you make when getting older probably.
I think the horn-section helps create the setting for the Wrecking Ball-songs and also have a positive influence on the normal Bruce-songs. They can just add that little extra that I like to hear.

I salute you,
TS

I think it sounds great but just takes away from the whole ESB gang feel.

Thunderstrucker 08-23-2012 07:27 AM

Maybe you want to hear something that no longer is of this time?
Danny is gone, Clarence is gone. I think it's just Bruce adjusting and adapting and that's fine by me :-). But yes, the ESB is not longer that old gang from the old day. They got some new blood. Is that bad? I don't think so as new blood mostly means a new, maybe fresher, sound.

I salute you,
TS

Mongoose 08-24-2012 12:33 AM

Well, The Miami Horns, especially La Bamba are hardly new blood to Bruce anyway

Thunderstrucker 08-24-2012 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose (Post 1087681)
Well, The Miami Horns, especially La Bamba are hardly new blood to Bruce anyway

I don't judge it per instrument. A trombone is part of a horn section and helps creating the sound so I don't see why Richie would add less then the others.

I salute you,
TS

asok80 08-24-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 1087653)
Maybe you want to hear something that no longer is of this time?
Danny is gone, Clarence is gone. I think it's just Bruce adjusting and adapting and that's fine by me :-). But yes, the ESB is not longer that old gang from the old day. They got some new blood. Is that bad? I don't think so as new blood mostly means a new, maybe fresher, sound.

I salute you,
TS

I so agree with you!

Mongoose 08-24-2012 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thunderstrucker (Post 1087687)
I don't judge it per instrument. A trombone is part of a horn section and helps creating the sound so I don't see why Richie would add less then the others.

I salute you,
TS

wah? I mean they're not really fresh blood, they are still part of the old gang in theory

Thunderstrucker 08-25-2012 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mongoose (Post 1087716)
wah? I mean they're not really fresh blood, they are still part of the old gang in theory

Ah ok, then I didn't get what you were saying. I'm sorry :-).
Long story short for me; I really think they add to the sound instead of making it something not wanted. I always love some horns in music. Horns can let you hear more emotion then an electric guitar can do in my opinion.

I salute you,
TS