Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Rdkopper 05-20-2014 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1176720)
I don't see much reason to complain here. Even House of Fire seems to be on it.
Full Moon High probably is what's currently circulated as River of Love.

I once read somewhere that the film studio owns the rights on the song (and probably subsequently on the recording) of Cadillac Man, so the band may not even be able to release it if they wanted to.

HAHA . Not complaining at all.

When I said "it's all over" I meant all over the internet. It's an official track listing because it's all over the internet.

Trust me. I'm probably the most excited person here right now!

Pstmatt 05-20-2014 06:28 PM

I am very excited! Plus demo version of Homebound Train, Guns, Wind, and the original version of Diamond Ring!!!!! I love stuff like that!

Supersonic 05-20-2014 06:40 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 1176726)
Would they for once actually be doing something right?!? Looks like a dream come true.

It merely looks like prediction come true. If this is really what's going to be on there, then how's this doing it right? Two of the three discs in the superdeluxeduper edition contain stuff the superdeluxeduper collector already has, and, with youTube around, the DVD is completely pointless.

It's as if they carefully looked what had already been leaked, just so no one would get anything they didn't have yet. Everything's already out there, albeit some of it probably in inferior quality. That said, considering how sterile the demo of Prayer suddenly sounded, it wouldn't surprise me if Obie mixed the life out of these demo's as well so they'd sound crystal clear, yet rather dead. The idea of having the full Sons of Beaches sessions sounds great, but it looks like it'll always be just that considering how half of it is missing.

I really see no point in this release, nor why anyone should get extremely excited about it, and I'd like to think I'm the target market. They're very much aware everyone wants decent live recordings from back then. There's 88 official minutes for Access All Areas. What about the outtakes? Would it really have hurt to release a properly mixed live recording from those days? What's their excuse this time?

Unless it's reasonably priced I'll give this one another pass.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

nikos greece 05-20-2014 06:50 PM

i agree, a concert from tha era would be really great!! there are very few decent bootlegs from that era and hammersmith odeon, giants stadium, wembley 89 are all highly anticipated by the fan base. they could easily edit them and release a proper live dvd...unfortunatelly it probably will never happen but imo a good live band should have a proper dvd release from its era.
ps. the video collection always seems pointless to me, while a concert would bbe a highlight for sure

belgium_BON_JOVI_fan 05-20-2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1176741)

Unless it's reasonably priced I'll give this one another pass.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

34.99 at bol.com :-p

KTF,

Nick

Bounce7800 05-20-2014 07:25 PM

It's not too bad if it was reasonably priced and they did the same sort of thing with other albums.

But as already said on here, Discs 1 and 3 are redundant and we have most of disc 2 anyway in fairly decent form, hopefully the quality would make the songs stand out some more. It's a start and if they carried it on with other albums could have us a really decent lot of demos in decent quality, but they really haven't dug that deep. As good as AAA is, everyone who would want to see it already has. Fair play if they get it on blu ray, but it needs a lot

Be nice if they made more play of the "Sons Of Beaches" title with different artwork and the like rather than just the NJ album with a little sticker on it.

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2014 07:53 PM

Why Love is War in Disc 1?
Perhaps Disc 2 does not sound good, like Living on a Prayer (Demo version) hidden in the Box set 100 millions...

Living on a Prayer Demo (box set)

different shots:

Love is War (b-side) GREAT MIX

Love Is War (Demo) POOR MIX

Homebound Train (Demo) POOR MIX

Growing Up The Hard Way (Demo) POOR MIX

I think it will not sound good the disc 2.

Ricky Skywalker 05-20-2014 08:08 PM

Why the hell just when they confirmed that we would get what we wanted, most of you started to complain...? ;)

rolo_tomachi 05-20-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricky Skywalker (Post 1176752)
Why the hell just when they confirmed that we would get what we wanted, most of you started to complain...? ;)

I'm not complaining, I just don't trust Obie, and likely not be as great as it looks.

If these songs have great sound as We Rule The Night and Out Of Bounds, successfully fulfilled one of my dreams.

Pstmatt 05-20-2014 08:17 PM

I am super excited! Songs that I got on a bootleg CD in 1996 at a record show and have been listening to for 18 years are being released! it's awesome! I kinda hope they do have "demo" feel to them! They should! They are afterall DEMOS! I cant wait!

Oh, and here's a link where its says "BJ launching 30th Anniv. Campaign" meaning more is coming...we know at least one more, maybe more!

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwmusi...paign-20140520