Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

ticos_stick 04-03-2013 10:07 PM

Tom Morrello recently filled in for Steve Van Zandt for Bruce & The E Street Band. Now that's a real replacement which would make up for the loss of a major member. Phil X is just a noodly session player. I wouldn't go into my back garden to see him play.

So there.

Lisa71 04-03-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kuba80BJ (Post 1119481)
http://www.bonjovi.com/en/news/47042...y#.UVyIH3y-mfY
"Ticket purchasers need not worry, all upcoming shows will go on as scheduled. Any ticket purchaser who would like a refund can do so before show time."

It's looking more like he won't be on the rest of the tour. I hope I am wrong.

Chris_Newton 04-03-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1119488)
It's looking more like he won't be on the rest of the tour. I hope I am wrong.

I agree, I don't think we will see Richie again this tour, possibly never again at a Jovi gig..... Just my opinion

superkid 04-03-2013 10:13 PM

Quote:

"Ticket purchasers need not worry, all upcoming shows will go on as scheduled. Any ticket purchaser who would like a refund can do so before show time."

This is at least a good thing from BJ camp, something that should have happened the last time Richie was not available. At least US fans have an option to get a refund now.

Still more info about what is going on would be appreciated for others all around the world :(

That's good. I think I'll try to get a refund for my Des Moines ticket. It's in the 1st row outside the pit, but it's only a single. For $200 a show better be epic, and I doubt this will be. I'll use the money to go to Milwaukee or Fargo on the next leg.

CKatz 04-03-2013 10:14 PM

Check TMZ... Richie quit, because of how bad Jon treats him..

ticos_stick 04-03-2013 10:16 PM

Ah TMZ, a source of up most truth. It's hilarious though.

Richie Sambora
Bails on Bon Jovi
Jon Treats Him Like Crap

Exclusive
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/04/03/0...-sambora-2.jpg

Richie Sambora
is bailing on the Bon Jovi world tour because of "personal issues," but it has NOTHING to do with substance abuse ... it's all about war that's exploded between Jon and Richie.

Sources directly connected to Bon Jovi tell TMZ ... tensions between Jon and Richie have been running high for years and it's finally erupted. One source tells us, "It's a classic Jagger/Richards blowup."

Our sources say part of the problem is that Jon constantly belittles Richie. But there's another part of the problem -- they're fighting over money.

Richie was a no-show at a Bon Jovi concert in Calgary last night, and yesterday he posted on the Bon Jovi website that he was pulling out because of "personal issues."

During the Calgary concert, Jon told the crowd, "I had two choices: pack up and go home or give you everything I got ... Richie Sambora won't be performing for a while. If there's ever a night I need you, it's tonight, Calgary!"

In the meantime, Richie's been spending personal time with his daughter -- the two were on vacation in Hawaii last week. We're told it was an 11-day trip filled with zip lining, hikes, paddle boarding, and chilling at the pool.

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2013/04/03/0...saturday-1.jpg

Richie has had alcohol issues in the past, but we're told in no uncertain terms ... Richie is clean now.

Sources close to Richie tell TMZ ... Sambora's camp is hopeful the two sides can work things out before April 19, when Bon Jovi is set to play in L.A. -- Richie's hometown.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz2PQvkGoeZ
Visit the TMZ Store: http://tmzstore.com

idbl_fanatic 04-03-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1119492)
Check TMZ... Richie quit, because of how bad Jon treats him..

WOW

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/03/richie...usiness-money/

Thierry 04-03-2013 10:17 PM

Yup, bye bye Richie:

http://www.tmz.com/2013/04/03/richie...usiness-money/

ticos_stick 04-03-2013 10:20 PM

Jon's stinky eye has gone too far this time.

felipe-fontoura 04-03-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1119225)
Making music you care about is much more important than commercial success. Richie doesn't need to work in order to put food on his table. He is already rich enough so he is free to do whatever he wants. He admitted he enjoyed making Aftermath more than anything else he has done in years. So I won't blame him if he decides he doesn't want to be in the band anymore. Bon Jovi is not a life sentence.

Just a perfect point of view. My sincere congrats!

It's so ridiculous to see fans of any band or artist in the music worrying about it from the point of view of business.

We are no longer in the 60s or 70s, but music is above all art.

Walkerboy 04-03-2013 10:21 PM

TMZ usually pretty accurate. They saying what I already said - its money related.... Apparently Hugh's wife said on Facebook, before all this blew up, that Hugh just happy to be working. Sounds to me like Jon tried to negotiate new deals for everyone by Richie wouldnt stand for it.

superkid 04-03-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1119487)
Tom Morrello recently filled in for Steve Van Zandt for Bruce & The E Street Band. Now that's a real replacement which would make up for the loss of a major member. Phil X is just a noodly session player. I wouldn't go into my back garden to see him play.

So there.

NOOOO! Tom Morrello did not belong up there. I can't stand him, his style is dated, and he butchered several solos. I'd take Phil X over Morrello everyday.

fairtex444 04-03-2013 10:21 PM

The end of Bon Jovi for me....sad

jon-flp 04-03-2013 10:22 PM

I just can't believe.

RonJovi 04-03-2013 10:23 PM

Way for both of them to shit all over their legacy if this is true.

If they are fighting over money at this stage of their careers, they should call it a day.

idbl_fanatic 04-03-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1119502)

If they are fighting over money at this stage of their careers, they should call it a day.

This............

Walkerboy 04-03-2013 10:27 PM

This is why a band member shouldn't be the Manager/CEO.

The Rock 04-03-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1119502)

100% agree. Shame on them.

But having said that. Going by Matt's tweet:

Unless it comes direct from us don't listen. People saying according to someone close to the band is SHIT.

TheseDays23 04-03-2013 10:27 PM

If Richie leaves, than the band is done.

RonJovi 04-03-2013 10:27 PM

Only positive is that this report might force an official response.

gnr5 04-03-2013 10:30 PM

Going by RS's twitter, it looks like this was very last minute.
"Happy holiday weekend to all....the tour resumes on Tues... On the move again..."

danfan 04-03-2013 10:30 PM

Yeah, TMZ is also reporting Richie is hoping they can work things out before they play in Richie's hometown of Los Angeles.

Real reliable.

semigoodlookin 04-03-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1119506)
100% agree. Shame on them.

But having said that. Going by Matt's tweet:

Unless it comes direct from us don't listen. People saying according to someone close to the band is SHIT.

What about someone close to Richie, is that shit? Oh god, what is shit and what isn't.

I read that Richie wanted $100,000 per night and a Mars Bar, but Jon was unwilling to move on the Mars Bar. What a nob.

Really until we hear from Richie or official from the band I will wait. None of us know, I understand the speculation but I doubt he suddenly decided the day of a show that he wanted more cash. He was talking up the leg just a few days back.

Walkerboy 04-03-2013 10:30 PM

Oh and I'm now going to investigate refund options for Hyde Park. I want to see a band with its legendary chemistry, not people just going through the motions.
I can see rest of tour being canned.

ticos_stick 04-03-2013 10:31 PM

Richie quit because he found out Jon is a reptilian over lord working on behalf of Scientology, said a source close to the band.

danfan 04-03-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

This is at least a good thing from BJ camp, something that should have happened the last time Richie was not available. At least US fans have an option to get a refund now.

Still more info about what is going on would be appreciated for others all around the world :(

They need to make an official announcement and not string the fans along. If Richie is done for the entire tour, say so. If they're not sure, say that as well. But at least be honest so it gives fans a chance to make their own decisions regarding refunds.

CKatz 04-03-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1119505)
This is why a band member shouldn't be the Manager/CEO.

Absolutely agree with this.

Walkerboy 04-03-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1119511)
What about someone close to Richie, is that shit? Oh god, what is shit and what isn't.

I read that Richie wanted $100,000 per night and a Mars Bar, but Jon was unwilling to move on the Mars Bar. What a nob.

Really until we hear from Richie or official from the band I will wait. None of us know, I understand the speculation but I doubt he suddenly decided the day of a show that he wanted more cash. He was talking up the leg just a few days back.

100k per night might indeed be what Richie wanted. Would explain the charity payment..... A statement of "you won't play, see what I can do with your wage".

RonJovi 04-03-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semigoodlookin (Post 1119511)

Some sense in what you're saying but in situations where people are arguing over money and they both believe they have each other over a barrel, they will call each others bluff until the last minute.

I still can't believe they've fallen out over money. I hope it turns out to be bull or I'll have lost a lot of time for them regardless of what happens in the future.

idbl_fanatic 04-03-2013 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1119516)
100k per night might indeed be what Richie wanted. Would explain the charity payment..... A statement of "you won't play, see what I can do with your wage".

I was thinking the same thing

Belzik 04-03-2013 10:36 PM

why would richie leave the tour?

Because he can

semigoodlookin 04-03-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1119518)
I was thinking the same thing

Really?

I know the shelter could have used the Mars Bar too.

Beaky 04-03-2013 10:37 PM

I truly can't see this being over money.

Jon and Richie were, unofficially, paid money for their contributions to certain bands in the 1980s; guidance, uncredited songwriting etc... principally Skid Row and when Seb Bach made an issue out of this, Richie gave the money back rather than cause further ructions.

I think this is more to do with being part of the machine... the way the album was made, 'banner-gate' etc... he's probably thought 'I'm too old for this sh*t' and buggered off.

ticos_stick 04-03-2013 10:38 PM

I really can't see it being a money issue. Why would he suddenly decide within 24 hours of a show that he wasn't getting paid enough? The contracts would have been signed in advance of the tour. It makes no sense.

idbl_fanatic 04-03-2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1119521)

Jon and Richie were, unofficially, paid money for their contributions to certain bands in the 1980s; guidance, uncredited songwriting etc... principally Skid Row and when Seb Bach made an issue out of this, Richie gave the money back rather than cause further ructions.

I think this is more to do with being part of the machine... the way the album was made, 'banner-gate' etc... he's probably thought 'I'm too old for this sh*t' and buggered off.

What did I miss with the "banners"?

steel_horse75 04-03-2013 10:40 PM

That article is bullshit.
They are both loaded.
I can believe they had a bust up but not over money

bonjovi821 04-03-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1119523)

Jon and Matt, as co-CEOs, decided that banners weren't allowed at shows anymore. Nobody informed Richie of this, and a fan asked him why banners weren't allowed and he said "I dunno. Smuggle them in! I love reading banners." and then a few hours later "retracted his statement" over Twitter by the direction of Matt.

DevilsSon 04-03-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1119521)

That is not true. Snake Sabo confirmed that Richie apologised but never gave back a cent. It's all a bit of a myth.

Quote:

Probably both. But can I be honest? I am actually happy and excited about this. If he is healthy, that means he'll go out and do solo stuff. And even if his solo stuff sells nothing, it will still be good to see what he comes up with. Maybe play with some other bands he used to be a fan of, do stuff like Late Night shows…whatever whatever whatever. ANYTHING will be BETTER than what Bon Jovi have been doing for years. So, yes. What an unexpected but AWESOME announcement. Finally, no need to be a fan of Jon Bon Bon. It was almost as painful as supporting Alonso only because I love Ferrari :D

liljovi93 04-03-2013 10:41 PM

Well this is quite worrying. I woke up to a text to say that Richie has cancelled and immediately thought that he was back on the drink and is a liability. I got a lot of stick for saying my own opinion about stuff like this on a Bon Jovi page and I can understand why now.

If that TMZ review is right then I agree that the band should just quit. The album and tour has been very very poor for their standards. If they are fighting over money then they have a lot more problems than we think. We know that Jon is a cocky person and tells the band too many times to do this and do that when he is the worst for it but I think this has gone a bit too far now.

Hopefully we get an official announcement soon but it really isn't looking good and it's such a shame that his has happened because they're still by far my favorite band and I would be gutted if they finished.

Let's see anyway...

RonJovi 04-03-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1119523)

You're best not knowing. It's pathetic.