Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

The Rock 07-29-2013 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TugaJovi (Post 1148440)
Thanks a lot for the lyrics, guys.

The "What do you want me to say, I gave it everything I could give
But everything just wasn’t enough so I just let live and let live" part really scares me the most and makes me wonder what is Jon asking from him by now.

This song really looks like a ridiculous way to end the feud.
Is Jon now making a song too, to answer that? Or will Matt tweet saying that this is all a misunderstanding and Richie is great and anxious to return? Let's wait for the next chapters.

I don't think this song was written now. It seems like a left over song from Aftermath. See he wrote lyrics are timely? That sounded to me, as if he wrote it before but it suits the situation now. Not that he wrote it now.

Sissy3 07-29-2013 02:05 AM

Didn't expect the band I love to last forever but I did expect a better end than this, whether it's a total end to the band or an end to the band with Richie. They deserve better. And no, I don't know what all was said and what really went down but my anger is still directed at him.

bryan_20011 07-29-2013 02:06 AM

I've followed this thread from the start.
I haven't posted until now. But I just heard that new Richie song.
My opinion for what it's worth, Richie is lost. This Nikki Lund woman I reckon is half the problem.
The rest of the band must be so frustrated by now.
Before the haters hate, I hold Richie right up there, and was gutted I missed him on this tour, but this ain't about Jon. During the last couple of tours, Richie has sang a song, and yeah fine, it wasn't a solo one, whatever, but it was a moment when he took every chance he could to thank the fans for their support and loyalty. Who decided he could do that? Jon! Fact!
Jon can be a dick. But he gets it. He understands the machine.
I am a fan for the music, and more so, the live show. Phil X did a great job. But he ain't no Sambora. This latest 'lyric' from Richie just says to me that he's lost, gone. It's awful.
Someone needs to drag him out of the Nikki Lund world that he's become engrossed in, because it is ruining our favourite band

TugaJovi 07-29-2013 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1148445)
I don't think this song was written now. It seems like a left over song from Aftermath. See he wrote lyrics are timely? That sounded to me, as if he wrote it before but it suits the situation now. Not that he wrote it now.

Well, if it wasn't written now, the problems started a long time ago, and with all the anger it shows, I can't understand how he would make an album with the band (with Jon, to be accurate) after it. I think it was written sometime after he left, actually... But that's not the point. The point is that he prefers to hint what he thinks instead of TALKING about it. But this has been dissected all across this thread, so I won't be repeating that discussion...

golittleperson 07-29-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148432)
I attempted to write out the lyrics. Couldn't understand everything; if anyone knows what he's saying where I have (????), then fill in the blanks, please!

"Come Back As Me" by Richie Sambora

What do you want me to say, I’ll tell you anything you wanna know,

You wanna know about disappointment, baby I (don’t watch?) that show,

I’ve been up, I’ve been down, you see me crawling with my face on the ground

This pain, this pride, I carry around like a knife in my side.

In spite of it all, from all that you see, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

Rewind and press play, I’ll burn up the screen,

If I die tomorrow, I come back as me,

What do you want me to say, I gave you everything I could give,

But everything just wasn’t enough so I just let live and let live,

I got lust, I got bound, break my heart and it don’t make a sound,

Hard times, bad luck, I’ve had my share but it’s turning around.

(???).. for the burden, (????) …so here’s my revelation, won’t be misunderstood

In spite of it all, I’m comic relief, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me

Rewind and press play, I’ll burn out the screen, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

(????) the burden, even the (???) …so here’s my revelation: I won’t be misunderstood.

In spite of it all, for all that you see, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

Not Elvis or God, not Frankie not Dean, if I die tomorrow I come back as me.

In spite of it all, for all that you see, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

Not Elvis or God, not Frankie not Dean, if I die tomorrow, I come back as me.

Thank you for doing this but I thought he said I got Lost (stretched out so it is lusty like) , I got found.
Now I'm wondering myself which it is? Both make sense.

GabrielC 07-29-2013 02:12 AM

Funny thing is that he RT'd some of the greatest of his songs today. Then he comes and puts this ****ing horrible song out.

He can say "**** you" to Bon Jovi all he wants, but at least do it with a good song. Lame.

bonjovifreak 07-29-2013 02:14 AM

This is worse than the time between New Jersey and Faith when we weren't sure there was going to be a Bon Jovi. Back then there was no twitter, facebook or internet. I guess they are destined to be Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley. I often wondered if that's really how it was until it imploded on them. I never thought if the band ended or one of them left that it would be this childish. I blame both of them at this point.

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovifreak (Post 1148451)
This is worse than the time between New Jersey and Faith when we weren't sure there was going to be a Bon Jovi. Back then there was no twitter, facebook or internet. I guess they are destined to be Gene Simmons and Paul Stanley. I often wondered if that's really how it was until it imploded on them. I never thought if the band ended or one of them left that it would be this childish. I blame both of them at this point.

The way this has played out reminds me of two junior high girls who were BFFs and then decide to sabotage each other slowly and painfully, working their peers into 'camps', and secretly thriving on the drama they stir up.

jessycardy 07-29-2013 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TugaJovi (Post 1148448)
Well, if it wasn't written now, the problems started a long time ago, and with all the anger it shows, I can't understand how he would make an album with the band (with Jon, to be accurate) after it. I think it was written sometime after he left, actually... But that's not the point. The point is that he prefers to hint what he thinks instead of TALKING about it. But this has been dissected all across this thread, so I won't be repeating that discussion...

And Richie did say he was working on some new songs of his (and the TV show, etc.) during that interview back in June. This could be one of the songs he'd been working on.

This is so ugly on so many levels I can't even find the words.

golittleperson 07-29-2013 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovifreak (Post 1148451)

It breaks my heart, but I try to think of Joe and Steven - The Eagles - ... it can eventually be ok, but outside influences have GOT to get out of this. I know it's not popular here, but I actually like the rift/rhythum of the song, I was just sickened by the Nikki being the one to post it first. Too me it's so clear what she does and I do blame Richie for letting her. Hurts his reputation. I don't trust women like her. I really didn't mind his involvment in a fashion co. but .... I will/would follow Richie solo way before Jon - but I want the best of both worlds.