Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

bonjovi821 07-29-2013 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiwi78 (Post 1148508)
Ahhh so it was a throw away on Aftermath?

I would hope so. Aftermath was a great album but this song is a real shitter, it would totally ruin some of the album for me.

Kiwi78 07-29-2013 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi821 (Post 1148510)
I would hope so. Aftermath was a great album but this song is a real shitter, it would totally ruin some of the album for me.

I think someone's posted a link somewhere that confirms it was, given an intv a while back and Richie mentions the song and yeah, I can see why it didn't make the album. And I genuinely like Aftermath too.

Captain_jovi 07-29-2013 08:05 AM

Not to play devil's advocate here he says he wrote a song with that title in 2010. It's entirely possible the lyrics were changed since then ala This Ain't Love/This is Love.

It's catchy but far too processed for my liking, which is the exact problem I have with WAN.

DestinationJovi 07-29-2013 08:29 AM

This song was obviously written to a woman. An ex.

PanosBonJovi 07-29-2013 08:37 AM

Probably the reference to Dean, Elvis, Sinatra might caused this misunderstand?

Mysterytrain 07-29-2013 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanosBonJovi (Post 1148516)
Probably the reference to Dean, Elvis, Sinatra might caused this misunderstand?

I don't see how we can assume it's written about a women with lyrics about Frankie and Dean, knowing what we know about Jon describing himself and Richie as "Frankie and Dean" in the past. To me, that's a very "Jon-and-Richie" reference.

Also, the whole lyrical vibe of this song seems to be: "I went through pain in my life, I tried to be everything you wanted me to be, but now I'm living my life on my own terms, so that when I die, people won't define me as anyone other than myself."

Even if Richie is still a member of Bon Jovi, and even if he wrote these lyrics 2 or 3 years ago, maybe he's had these feelings for a long time. Maybe he's restless being "second fiddle" in Bon Jovi, and "Aftermath" was his opportunity to be an artist on his own terms and at the time he wrote it, that song reflected that feeling.

It's probably taken on more of an urgent meaning given what is going on right now; Richie himself alluded to that in his Tweet. I don't think he was referring to a romantic relationship in his Tweet when he said the lyrics were "very timely."

That said, I'm glad he left this off of "Aftermath." I think it would fit in better with Nikki's techno fashion music.

CKatz 07-29-2013 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mysterytrain (Post 1148518)
I don't see how we can assume it's written about a women with lyrics about Frankie and Dean, knowing what we know about Jon describing himself and Richie as "Frankie and Dean" in the past. To me, that's a very "Jon-and-Richie" reference.

Also, the whole lyrical vibe of this song seems to be: "I went through pain in my life, I tried to be everything you wanted me to be, but now I'm living my life on my own terms, so that when I die, people won't define me as anyone other than myself."

Even if Richie is still a member of Bon Jovi, and even if he wrote these lyrics 2 or 3 years ago, maybe he's had these feelings for a long time. Maybe he's restless being "second fiddle" in Bon Jovi, and "Aftermath" was his opportunity to be an artist on his own terms and at the time he wrote it, that song reflected that feeling.

It's probably taken on more of an urgent meaning given what is going on right now; Richie himself alluded to that in his Tweet. I don't think he was referring to a romantic relationship in his Tweet when he said the lyrics were "very timely."

That said, I'm glad he left this off of "Aftermath." I think it would fit in better with Nikki's techno fashion music.

Well he wrote this song in the same year he wrote those dance-pop songs with Nikki. It's likely that style had some influence on this song.

I'm loving all the interpretations. I do see how it could have been written for a woman. The part that starts with "I gave you everything etc. could be interpreted that way. I think he's just listing all the things that have gone bad in his recent life. He might be referring to his failed marriage there.
I do like the lyrics.

nikos greece 07-29-2013 09:20 AM

the song is meehh but i thought it would be worse reading all these negative comments...
richie needs to get this out of his system(whatever this is...), and i think he should release another album, not because i have an illusions it would be really good just work his problems away, all the fashion shit etc i dont think really help him.
at this point its obvious they all have lied one way or another...i d really like to know the reason behind all these but i guess we ll never know exactly what happened.
i admire jon for always keep going forward and richie for saying nothing in public even when jon disrespected him, i hope it all works out even if it looks bad at this point...

fairtex444 07-29-2013 09:52 AM

at least it has some guitars in it.....nothing too special, but cool tune, perfect for movie soundtrack or tv show intro....

daisyc 07-29-2013 10:38 AM

They have removed all the negative comments from his video and blocked everyone who left one!