Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Other Bands (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hysteria (Deluxe Edition) (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=36816)

Dave 1986 03-01-2009 02:22 PM

I don't think Euphoria (or Slang for that matter) need the remastering treatment so much as CD's mastered from the mid 90's onward generally sound fine. I'd only really want deluxe editions for those album for the b-sides more than anything.

I think the only Leppard albums that truely need remastering are On Though The Night up to Adrenalize, or maybe Retro Active.

Much like BP, I'm only after Adrenalize for the b-sides and maybe they'll include the original demo version of When Love And Hate Collide as that was originally recorded for the album and was the last ever recording with Steve Clark.

BonJovi1988-1992Mark 03-01-2009 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 909546)
I don't if Euphoria (or Slang for that matter) need the remastering treatment so much as CD's mastered from the mid 90's onward generally sound fine. I'd only really want deluxe editions for those album for the b-sides more than anything.

I think the only Leppard albums that truely need remastering are On Though The Night up to Adrenalize, or maybe Retro Active.

Much like BP, I'm only after Adrenalize for the b-sides and maybe they'll include the original demo version of When Love And Hate Collide as that was originally recorded for the album and was the last ever recording with Steve Clark.

Yes maybe,Though i'd still like some of the b-sides and Live preformances to.

Yes heard there versions of Tonight & When Love And Hate Colide with Clark = Very good.

Dave 1986 03-07-2009 02:18 PM

Little update on the Pyromania/Adrenalize remasters -

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billboard
"In related news, this year will see re-mastered versions of the mega-hit records "Pyromania" and "Adrenalize." Elliot hopes to have them out before the summer. Both will contain a bonus disc of material; "Pyromania" will contain never heard before live recordings and "Adrenalize" will include a collection of b-sides that never made 1993's "Retro Active."

Got this from http://www.deflepparduk.com/newsfeb095.html.

Captain Walrus 03-07-2009 04:02 PM

Could give me an excuse to actually get around to getting Pyromania I guess

BonJovi1988-1992Mark 03-08-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by david2k86 (Post 910490)
Little update on the Pyromania/Adrenalize remasters -

Got this from http://www.deflepparduk.com/newsfeb095.html.

Bet the demos for Adrenalize that did not make Retro-Active are the likes of:

Tonight,When Love And Hate Collide.

featuring Steve Clarke which most of us have probaly heard??(better than nothing though) , I would have prefer'd something from the 92/93 tour!!

Not Don Valley.But maybe a show which they played rare songs frm the Adrenalize album like Ottawa,Ontario Canada!!

Only time they've played I Wanna Touch U (Live)

Stut 03-08-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BonJovi1988-1992Mark (Post 910600)
Bet the demos for Adrenalize that did not make Retro-Active are the likes of:

Tonight,When Love And Hate Collide.

Well there never was a mention of them being demos. Only b-sides. So they´re probably those Hippies from Hell versions of Little Wing and You Can´t Always Get What You Want. From the Inside was already in Retro Active. Oh, and demo of Tonight was apparently a b-side as well.

Dave 1986 03-08-2009 06:07 PM

Yep, Tonight was a demo, included on some of its CD singles. I'm glad that (from the sounds of it) there won't be anything from Retro Active on there, cause it makes this worth buying and won't make RA obsolete.

This is what I reckon we will see on the Adrenalize remaster in terms of bonus tracks-

Miss You In A Heartbeat (Phil's demo) - originally Japanese bonus track
She's Too Tough (Joe's demo) - originally Japanese bonus track
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Little Wing
Women (live)
Too Late For Love (live)
Let's Get Rocked (live)
Elected (live) - or maybe not if this is the same as the Hysteria b-side
Now I'm Here (live)
Photograph (live)
Pour Some Sugar On Me (live)
Tonight (demo)
Two Steps Behind (original b-side version)
When Love And Hate Collide (demo)

Those are the b-sides I know of. Not a bad collection of songs, if perhaps a tad too much live stuff.

As for release dates, seeing as they're headlining Download, the albums will be released not too long before then.

yomamasofat 03-10-2009 08:55 AM

Can't wait until they are released!

Bleeding Purist 04-25-2009 09:38 PM

I figured they would probably go the LA Forum show route for the Pyromania bonus. This all seems fairly likely..except the LA show exceeds 90 minutes. It's going to have to have 10 minutes edited off.

Dave 1986 05-05-2009 04:29 PM

CONFIRMED by the bands official website...

https://web.archive.org/web/20090507...pard.com/news/

Quote:

Originally Posted by DefLeppard.com

PYROMANIA & ADRENALIZE Deluxe Editions in stores June 23rd
5/4/2009 10:54:52 AM | DEFLEPPARD.com

"NEW" RELEASES FEATURE 8 TOP 10 SINGLES, 4 #1S AND NEVER-BEFORE-RELEASED B-SIDES AND LIVE RECORDINGS

PRESS RELEASE Def Leppard, one of only five rock groups who can claim two separate original 10-million-plus selling albums, (as certified by the RIAA) are set to release Deluxe Editions of the classic albums "PYROMANIA" and "ADRENALIZE" (Bludgeon Riffola/Mercury/UMe) on June 23, 2009. The sets, which will feature B-sides and never-before-released live recordings, also boasts 9 Top 10 singles, including 4 #1s; "PHOTOGRAPH," "ROCK OF AGES," "LET'S GET ROCKED" and "STAND UP (KICK LOVE INTO MOTION)."

To coincide with the releases, Def Leppard will take to the road for the concert event of the summer, a 40-city tour that will kick off on June 23rd in Camden, New Jersey. The tour will include Poison and special guest Cheap Trick. Tickets available now at www.livenation.com.

http://www.defleppard.com/news/images/newsItem_174a.jpg

"PYROMANIA," Def Leppard's third album, sold over 10-million copies in the US alone. It received the RIAA's coveted Diamond Award certification and spawned 4 Top 10 hits including "TOO LATE FOR LOVE," "FOOLIN'," as well as "PHOTOGRAPH," and "ROCK OF AGES," both of which were #1 Rock tracks. The Deluxe Edition features a re-mastered version of the original album and a bonus disc of a previously unreleased 15-track show from The Forum in Los Angeles in 1983.

DISC ONE - PYROMANIA:
1. Rock! Rock! (Til You Drop)
2. Photograph
3. Stagefright
4. Too Late For Love
5. Die Hard The Hunter
6. Foolin'
7. Rock Of Ages
8. Comin' Under Fire
9. Action! Not Words
10. Billy's Got A Gun

DISC TWO - LIVE LA FORUM 1983:
1. Rock! Rock! (Til You Drop)
2. Rock Brigade
3. High 'N' Dry (Saturday Night)
4. Another Hit And Run
5. Billy's Got A Gun
6. Mirror Mirror (Look Into My Eyes)
7. Foolin'
8. Photograph
9. Rock Of Ages
10. Bringin' On The Heartbreak
11. Switch 625
12. Let It Go
13. Wasted
14. Stagefright
15. Travellin' Band

http://www.defleppard.com/news/images/newsItem_174b.jpg

"ADRENALIZE," Def Leppard's fifth studio album from 1992, debuted at #1 on both the US and UK album charts. It cemented the band as the dominant Arena Rock band and sold more then 7 million copies worldwide. It featured the hits "TONIGHT," "HAVE YOU EVER NEEDED SOMEONE SO BAD," "MAKE LOVE LIKE A MAN" and "LETS GET ROCKED" and "STAND UP (KICK LOVE INTO MOTION)," both of which hit #1. The Deluxe Edition features a remastered version of the original album with a bonus disc of rare, live, acoustic and demo versions.

DISC ONE:
1. Let's Get Rocked
2. Heaven Is
3. Make Love Like A Man
4. Tonight
5. White Lightning
6. Stand Up (Kick Love Into Motion)
7. Personal Property
8. Have You Ever Needed Someone So Bad
9. I Wanna Touch U
10. Tear It Down

DISC TWO:
1. Hysteria - In The Clubs In Your Face (Bonn 29/05/92)
2. Photograph - In The Clubs In Your Face
3. Pour Some Sugar On Me - In The Clubs In Your Face
4. Let's Get Rocked - In The Clubs In Your Face
5. You Can't Always Get What You Want - B-Side
6. Little Wing With Hothouse Flowers - B-Side
7. Tonight (Version 2-Demo Version) - B-Side
8. Now I'm Here (Live) - B-Side
9. Two Steps Behind (Acoustic) B-Side
10. Tonight (Acoustic) - B-Side
11. Too Late For Love (Live) - B-Side
12. Women (Live) - B-Side

Def Leppard, (Joe Elliott/vocals, Vivian Campbell/guitar, Phil Collen/guitar, Rick "Sav" Savage/bass and Rick Allen/drums) have sold more then 65 million albums since their debut in 1980. Over the course of their career, Def Leppard has produced a series of classic groundbreaking albums that set the sound for generations of music fans and artists. The group's spectacular live shows, filled with powerful melodic rock anthems, have become synonymous with their name and are an institution in the touring industry as they continue to sell out arenas worldwide. The band's most recent album "SONGS FROM THE SPARKLE LOUNGE" debuted last year at #5 on the Billboard Top 200; earning Def Leppard their highest-charting debut since their 1992 album "ADRENALIZE".

Both Deluxe Editions will feature deluxe digipak gatefold packaging with expanded booklets containing rare and previously unseen photographs, comprehensive sleeve-notes telling the story behind each album and include images of rare single covers and memorabilia from the period. Liner notes come from Rolling Stone's David Fricke.

Def Leppard received three first round CMT Award nominations earlier this week and are now scheduled to perform along with Keith Urban, Taylor Swift, Sugarland, Brad Paisley, Rascal Flatts and Toby Keith, on the "2009 CMT MUSIC AWARDS," which will premiere LIVE on Tuesday, June 16 at 8:00 p.m., ET/PT on CMT and CMT.com.