Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   This House Is Not For Sale (2016) - Post Album Release Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=69728)

bucketfinck 10-26-2016 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovifan93 (Post 1211763)
Great album! Haven't listened to every track yet, but does someone else find that the 2nd verse of Living With The Ghost sounds strange? It's almost as if the vocals were mixed too loud, i.e. they sound not only raspy, but distorted. Really annoying in an otherwise perfect track!

But I had a similar problem somewhere else, I think it was Born Again Tomorrow...

A lot is distorted in this album, the mix sucks bigtime and it makes me pissed because the songs are much better than their previous albums and deserves better.

bonjovi90 10-26-2016 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bucketfinck (Post 1211765)
A lot is distorted in this album, the mix sucks bigtime and it makes me pissed because the songs are much better than their previous albums and deserves better.

While I agree that the mix should be better, some of it might also be due to the rip being compressed to wma format. I've had similar issues in the past myself with other albums. Let's wait for the full release. That being said - many songs don't sound as overproduced as I had feared when I had listened to BAT and Knockout.

angelsambo 10-26-2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soundfire624 (Post 1211728)
Enough to say this is not POP album...This is Rock album bitches haha

Unfortunately it's not,it's more pop than rock

Alphavictim 10-26-2016 01:26 PM

Album reminds me of Crush big time.

jovifan93 10-26-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1211766)
While I agree that the mix should be better, some of it might also be due to the rip being compressed to wma format. I've had similar issues in the past myself with other albums. Let's wait for the full release. That being said - many songs don't sound as overproduced as I had feared when I had listened to BAT and Knockout.

I don't think so, since the issues on BAT were there also in iTunes for example. Unless it only sounds good on a real CD/uncompressed (or on studio monitors), but that would be a first for me and wouldn't shed a good light on the mix as well...

Don't get me wrong, it's not terrible, but even I could probably have done better...

Kova 10-26-2016 01:40 PM

OMG, I got goose bumps on almost every song and I'm going through them, and still didn't get to the end. (Listening to Scars now).

This album is amazing! Devil's was my favorite already, but what about that ending?!!?

I just love this album already.. This could really be the best album since These Days.
Thank you Jon!

bjcrazycpa 10-26-2016 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by symbeline (Post 1211762)
It makes me feel happy. I want to listen to it over and over and over again (which I've been doing since I got the audio from the London show and I still want more). No need to overanalyze why, when I feel a song, it's good for me. When I stop and analyze it's because the song needs something else to grab me.

If you want to dissect Rollercoaster objectively, the lyrics are just ok, the chorus is bad, it's quite poppy. But how many times a BJ song looks perfect on paper, has good lyrics, it's on the rockier side and you hear it and it just... leaves you empty? Many many many times over the last 20 years.

And then comes a simple song and blows your mind, it's nothing special but it works on every level. That's Rollercoaster

Excellent way to put it. I'm obsessed with this song lol!

Rdkopper 10-26-2016 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1211666)
That song would be perfect if it wasn't for that ending. I don't dislike it but it's weird.

The ending is the best part

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Becky 10-26-2016 01:57 PM

I'm fascinated by All Hail the King. Who is it about? Has Jon said? The lyrics are intriguing.

Burlhouse 10-26-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1211774)
I'm fascinated by All Hail the King. Who is it about? Has Jon said? The lyrics are intriguing.

During the listening parties, Jon said it was inspired by the Soul Kitchen and his charity work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk