Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Walkerboy 04-03-2013 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1119522)
I really can't see it being a money issue. Why would he suddenly decide within 24 hours of a show that he wasn't getting paid enough? The contracts would have been signed in advance of the tour. It makes no sense.

1st April - new fiscal year. Poor ticket sales/last minute cheap seats, not enough takings... Last minute fee negotiations attempt from Jon. Makes perfect sense to me!! A lot of dates ahead and lots of salaries to pay, with aim of making profit.

Belzik 04-03-2013 10:42 PM

The last time i remember something like this happening was when jani lane was kicked out of warrant only months after getting the original lineup back together due to his drug abuse....we all know how that ended up

bounce442 04-03-2013 10:42 PM

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 35s
Ill say one thing the TMZ story is TOTAL SHIT. They are completely off with this one.

TheseDays23 04-03-2013 10:44 PM

Maybe he's burned out from all the touring? Maybe his heart isn't into the political stuff that Jon's into. Maybe he just wants to be a rock star and not a politician?

Who knows? I don't think money is an issue because I would think that any contracts would have been set up before the tour began. And I think these guys have enough money from touring the world for 30 plus years where money wouldn't be an issue anymore.

ticos_stick 04-03-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1119529)
1st April - new fiscal year. Poor ticket sales/last minute cheap seats, not enough takings... Last minute fee negotiations attempt from Jon. Makes perfect sense to me!! A lot of dates ahead and lots of salaries to pay, with aim of making profit.

I understand that there may be some kind of wage restructuring but I can't imagine Richie walking away from the tour because of it, unless Jon is totally screwing him over.

Bounce7800 04-03-2013 10:44 PM

But yet he won't clear up what this mess is about. They need to throw people a bone here.

Walkerboy 04-03-2013 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bounce442 (Post 1119531)
Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 35s
Ill say one thing the TMZ story is TOTAL SHIT. They are completely off with this one.

Bound to say something like that isn't he. IF lawyers etc involved then they won't be allowed to confirm anything....

The Rock 04-03-2013 10:48 PM

Matt tweeted again:
Btw Richie NOT leaving the band. They are NOT fighting.

bonjovi821 04-03-2013 10:48 PM

Matthew Bongiovi ‏@MatthewBongiovi 2m

RonJovi 04-03-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1119534)
But yet he won't clear up what this mess is about. They need to throw people a bone here.

Ah no, it's a load of fun speculating. This is what the interweb is made for.

I think Richie is gone to get a sex change and will come back as Rachel Sambora. If he is gonna be screwed by Jon, he may as well get the vagina to go with the moobs he has been cultivating for a while now...

liljovi93 04-03-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1119534)

That's what is winding me up so much. He is telling us what is lies but refuses to tell us what is actually happening.

24Roses 04-03-2013 10:48 PM

I commend them (Jon I guess) for offering refunds. But just like in 2011, I will go and support Jon, David, Tico, and Hugh. Hopefully they can get Phil X again as a replacement as he did an excellent job. But, no it won't be the same & Richie will be missed. I hope we have an official annoucemnt soon as to what the situation is.
I don't believe for one minute this has anything to do with a disagreement between Jon and Richie. However, IF it does, Richie doesn't have my respect for quitting right before thousands of fans were counting on him. That' why an official annoucement needs to be made before World War 3 breaks out. I do respect his privacy if it's a family matter.

Walkerboy 04-03-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Rock (Post 1119536)
Matt tweeted again:

That's cos he's already LEFT the band....

Crushgen24/88 04-03-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1119538)
Ah no, it's a load of fun speculating. This is what the interweb is made for.

I think Richie is gone to get a sex change and will come back as Rachel Sambora. If he is gonna be screwed by Jon, he may as well get the vagina to go with the moobs he has been cultivating for a while now...

Then him and Jon can finally get married.
;)

Anyway, if it is about money/infighting and etc, the Richie would have been in the right to leave before the tour, or wait till after the tour. To do it now is a highly douche move, if any of this is true.

RonJovi 04-03-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24Roses (Post 1119540)
I commend them (Jon I guess) for offering refunds. But just like in 2011, I will go and support Jon, David, Tico, and Hugh. Hopefully they can get Phil X again as a replacement as he did an excellent job. But, no it won't be the same & Richie will be missed. I hope we have an official annoucemnt soon as to what the situation is.
I don't believe for one minute this has anything to do with a disagreement between Jon and Richie. However, IF it does, Richie doesn't have my respect for quitting right before thousands of fans were counting on him. That' why an official annoucement needs to be made before World War 3 breaks out. I do respect his privacy if it's a family matter.

Yeah don't think anyone would mind if they say it's a family matter and leave it at that. At least it will give some clarity.

In a vacuum people will always assume the worst.

Jim Bon Jovi 04-03-2013 10:53 PM

With regards to the money issue, I can't see that happening at all.

Bands the size of Bon Jovi will be able to demand hefty guarantees, and also potentially a % of the gate takings on top of that (I'd be very surprised if the guys in the band are going out for anywhere near £100k a night, it's probably several times that)

The guarantee is exactly what it means, the band gets X amount regardless of how many tickets are sold. It's the promoters problem to make sure that enough tickets are sold to cover the guarantee and Bon Jovi aren't going to be going out with a guarantee that won't cover their operating costs.

With that in mind, financially, they are safe given that it's an outside promoter (AEG) that's in charge of the tour so why would Jon all of a sudden decide he's going to start pissing and moaning about money when they're going to be clearing enough to cover salaries, production costs and the band members' takes.

It doesn't make sense.

idbl_fanatic 04-03-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi821 (Post 1119525)
Jon and Matt, as co-CEOs, decided that banners weren't allowed at shows anymore. Nobody informed Richie of this, and a fan asked him why banners weren't allowed and he said "I dunno. Smuggle them in! I love reading banners." and then a few hours later "retracted his statement" over Twitter by the direction of Matt.

Ok, I saw that interview, I thought it was from the venues though

bonjovi821 04-03-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1119545)
Ok, I saw that interview, I thought it was from the venues though

So did Richie.

ticos_stick 04-03-2013 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Bon Jovi (Post 1119544)

Bands the size of Bon Jovi will be able to demand hefty guarantees, and also potentially a % of the gate takings on top of that (I'd be very surprised if the guys in the band are going out for anywhere near £100k a night, it's probably several times that)

The guarantee is exactly what it means, the band gets X amount regardless of how many tickets are sold. It's the promoters problem to make sure that enough tickets are sold to cover the guarantee and Bon Jovi aren't going to be going out with a guarantee that won't cover their operating costs.

With that in mind, financially, they are safe given that it's an outside promoter (AEG) that's in charge of the tour so why would Jon all of a sudden decide he's going to start pissing and moaning about money when they're going to be clearing enough to cover salaries, production costs and the band members' takes.

It doesn't make sense.

You're exactly right.

I remember reading about a concert promoter who booked Bruce Springsteen into massive venues in Australia during the 80's, the shows didn't sell very well and he went bankrupt but Bruce still got every penny he was owed.

Lisa71 04-03-2013 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1119541)
That's cos he's already LEFT the band....

Stop talking bullshit. No ones knows. If he has, he has but this doesn't help.

Tooka 04-03-2013 11:04 PM

La?

since when is LA Richie's hometown? Everyone needs to calm down and wait for the official statement.

Sambo-Chris 04-03-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tooka (Post 1119549)
since when is LA Richie's hometown? Everyone needs to calm down and wait for the official statement.

He lives there for quite a few years meanwhile.

bjcrazycpa 04-03-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

It doesn't make sense.

Exactly correct. The band gets a a hefty minimum PLUS a cut of the box office. AEG promotes them as they know they will and do make money with the tickets that are sold, their cut of merch, etc. But, I will say this, if this sort of drama keeps happening you can be assured that AEG won't be so quick to jump on board for their next tour, if there is one.

I am with Brian, and hope that there is more to the story than Richie bailing because he and Jon are not getting along. That would be a douche move and not something I believe Richie would do.

Matteo 04-03-2013 11:22 PM

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6...atitolo1aj.jpg

Neurotica80 04-03-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteo (Post 1119552)

Jeeeez most 14 year olds on twitter put tweets like this up every day. Don't really think you can read too much into it!

Crushgen24/88 04-03-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walkerboy (Post 1119498)
TMZ usually pretty accurate.

:rolleyes:
Not saying they're right or wrong here, but they don't have a high batting average when it comes to right and wrong.

Matteo 04-03-2013 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1119553)
Jeeeez most 14 year olds on twitter put tweets like this up every day. Don't really think you can read too much into it!

I'm well aware of that, but you never really know...

Neurotica80 04-03-2013 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matteo (Post 1119555)
I'm well aware of that, but you never really know...

Know what exactly?

Matteo 04-03-2013 11:49 PM

Hehe!! Good question! I'm not sure what to think of this situation...

Becky 04-03-2013 11:52 PM

I don't think Richie would be so unprofessional to pull out of the tour at the last minute over a business issue. I don't think he would be that unfair to his fans who've paid for tickets and made travel plans to see him. I don't believe there are problems between Jon and Richie, but even if there were, I don't think Richie would punish the fans for it. He already canceled 4 solo dates and disappointed his fans. I don't think he'd do the same thing again. I just don't believe he's that selfish. I don't think he's that bad of a businessman either. If he gets a reputation as someone who doesn't show up for solo or band shows, people won't trust him enough to buy tickets in the future.

CharlieShipley 04-03-2013 11:54 PM

Not sure if this has been said, Matt's twitter says Richie not leaving and he and Jon not fighting. Calls TMZ article "total shit."

ezearis 04-03-2013 11:57 PM

Matt is total shit and more full of it than TMZ. I don't trust him any more than TMZ or the hobo outside my house.

They should've took a break until 2014 and all of this would have been avoided.

DestinationJovi 04-04-2013 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1119553)

That's the emoji of a teenager reading her @ replies full of tweets from Bon Jovi fans :rolleyes:

People need to leave the kid alone and let her social network with her FRIENDS. Fans who follow her on twitter need to reel their fandom in. It's pathetic.

CharlieShipley 04-04-2013 12:01 AM

What if the hobo outside your house IS TMZ?

synnea 04-04-2013 12:03 AM

I am confident the Matt tweet means there is nothing to worry about in terms of him leaving.

crashed 04-04-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1119565)
That's the emoji of a teenager reading her @ replies full of tweets from Bon Jovi fans :rolleyes:

Exactly, I'm sure the last thing she wants is to be dealing with her dad's crazy fans.

Jayster 04-04-2013 12:12 AM

Anyone else think it's a bit weird that Bonjovi.com has a link to this story?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/enterta...802/story.html

Solid Sambora 04-04-2013 12:14 AM

As the saying goes, the silence is deafening.

It's not just Bon Jovi- other bands, musicians, sports teams- they always talk about the fans being so important, yet those same fans always get left in the dark when something happens.
We don't need to know everything, but surely we should be given a little more detail? Enough to set our minds at ease, and let those contemplating refunds make a more informed decision.

Thing is, people have invested a lot in this band and I'm not talking just money. I've loved this band since I was a kid, grew up idolising them. Richie was (still is!) my hero. Most of us are here because we care in one way or another, and we've put in enough to deserve something of an explanation. If its family, fine, that's all they need to tell us, but give us a little clarity to where the band and us fans stand.

crashed 04-04-2013 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayster (Post 1119570)
Anyone else think it's a bit weird that Bonjovi.com has a link to this story?

http://www.calgaryherald.com/enterta...802/story.html

Probably trying to get us to talk about something else other than Richie. lol

DevilsSon 04-04-2013 12:18 AM

Quote:

Not necessarily for any single member of the band. Richie might be making in that region(esp. £). Surely, Jon would take a significant and a large chunk would go to the crew/ production etc. Doesn't the band actually play for $ 1 Mil/ night? Thinking that Richie might make about 15% of that isn't that far off.

Anyway, completely beside the point. This is not the reason why Richie would have left (even if it's just temporary). And again, I am not sure I understand why people get so worked up about this. He'll come back eventually, the old bastard!