Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

JoviJovi 07-29-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1148597)
I have no facebook page :wink:
She can do whatever she wants on hers, I don't care, my comment was about the "This is a house of love" line, soooo cheesy.
About Nikki Lund, can somebody tell me who she is? Has she ever achieved anything in the fashion business or is she (as I think) a nobody trying to get attention by hanging around a rock star?

Yes, its as you think.

ticos_stick 07-29-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1148552)
Richie wont quit Jovi as he is nothing without the rest of the band.
His solo album sales and cancelled shows proved that.

He has quit Bon Jovi. He has a niche appeal that could quench whatever thirst he has for playing lives shows and releasing material. He won't be playing in front of 50,000 people or appearing on The X Factor but at this stage in his life he's done it all and doesn't have to stick around the creative black hole that is Bon Jovi.

Captain_jovi 07-29-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1148601)
He has quit Bon Jovi. He has a niche appeal that could quench whatever thirst he has for playing lives shows and releasing material. He won't be playing in front of 50,000 people or appearing on The X Factor but at this stage in his life he's done it all and doesn't have to stick around the creative black hole that is Bon Jovi.

He's trying so hard to be current though, I don't think that's going to stop. Maybe he's trying to prove to himself he can find massive success on his own.

BJ?YesPlease 07-29-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1148595)
Some of those comments on the YouTube page are just stupid

Great new music
So cool, this is what Richies about.

Etc etc.

The song is filth and if Richie wants to record more stuff like that then he will be gone from the music biz very quickly

Who are you to say that?
You've been to the future and seen the Almanac of rock and pop to come, have you?
Why is everyone obsessed with selling out stadiums and selling millions of records?! It's not about that. It's about being creative. I guess some people will never understand that.
As someone just said (forgive me, I clicked reply before taking note!), he's done it all. If he can walk away from a tour, there's likely to be very little craving for those sort of huge crowds, and he signed to a small independent label for Aftermath. Huge numbers aren't what it's about, boys and girls.
And if you/we/me don't like his new tunes, I'm sure he'll be just fine...

CKatz 07-29-2013 06:18 PM

Bon Jovi fans are getting a reputation....and it's not a good one. This is what Lorenza has to say about the craziness:
Quote:

My dear friends, my post was a general observation about what I see when I log onto the social networks recently. It is painful to see some of the comments about my colleagues/friends, and the general thoughtlessness and lack of courtesy that people seem to think is OK when posting in public. It would be nice if people would think before they post, and if they wouldn't make the comment TO THE FACE of the person they are writing about, then maybe they shouldn't say it at all....
Well said. Hopefully people will come to their senses.

BJ?YesPlease 07-29-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1148596)
Let these people be man, they are going crazy because Richie missed work for the past few months. This thing is so retarded lately that it seems that music itself is the last thing being discussed in this forum.

You're right.

And your signature is still one of the greatest things I've ever read in BJ land!

ticos_stick 07-29-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_jovi (Post 1148602)
He's trying so hard to be current though, I don't think that's going to stop. Maybe he's trying to prove to himself he can find massive success on his own.

I'd agree that he's trying to keep his sound relevant (which is to his detriment) but I don't think he's pushing to be a huge solo star, he wouldn't shy away from it but if he wanted massive exposure he could easily get a spot on some reality TV show. The recent solo tour and album has obviously given him a self confidence boost.

As for the Twitter / Facebook abuse. It's just pathetic. People have turned into monsters over an issue they know relatively nothing about.

LeaJovi 07-29-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148604)
Bon Jovi fans are getting a reputation....and it's not a good one. This is what Lorenza has to say about the craziness:

Well said. Hopefully people will come to their senses.

Lorenza who? God everybody wants attention now

Crushgen24/88 07-29-2013 06:36 PM

This has noting to do with the main issues/conspiracies/etc but can I just say that here's another song from Richie that beyond what it may or may not be about sounds like it could fit in with any Bon Jovi album released in the last 10 years. But yeah, let's keep pretending that (again, for better or worse) Richie has been trapped in Bon Jovi and hating every minute of it.

Sissy3 07-29-2013 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1148607)
Lorenza who? God everybody wants attention now

For real. Well, she is part of Jon's solo band so guess she wanted to add her 2 cents. :D