Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

ticos_stick 07-29-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeaJovi (Post 1148607)
Lorenza who? God everybody wants attention now

I'm pretty sure she helps make the Bon Jovi pasta sauce.

DevilsSon 07-29-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1148608)
This has noting to do with the main issues/conspiracies/etc but can I just say that here's another song from Richie that beyond what it may or may not be about sounds like it could fit in with any Bon Jovi album released in the last 10 years. But yeah, let's keep pretending that (again, for better or worse) Richie has been trapped in Bon Jovi and hating every minute of it.

Musically speaking, for better or worse, the only Bon Jovi song that I think sounds remotely similar is Unbreakable so I am not quite sure where your statement is coming from. Lyric-wise - yeah, might fit the whole 'I am who I am' thematic of recent Bon Jovi. A lot more grit though.

Captain_jovi 07-29-2013 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1148611)
Musically speaking, for better or worse, the only Bon Jovi song that I think sounds remotely similar is Unbreakable so I am not quite sure where your statement is coming from. Lyric-wise - yeah, might fit the whole 'I am who I am' thematic of recent Bon Jovi. A lot more grit though.

Agreed. From a musical standpoint, love it or hate it, I don't hear it sounding anything like past BJ. Thematically it fits right in though. I'll never buy this "mean Jon is stopping Richie from rocking" mumbo jumbo.

Crushgen24/88 07-29-2013 07:17 PM

I'm not suing it sounds like a specific Bon Jovi song, but it goes for relevant pop elements, drum machines, etc. Lyrically, it's right in ere with the "I am me, I live my life." stuff.

DevilsSon 07-29-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1148616)
I'm not suing it sounds like a specific Bon Jovi song, but it goes for relevant pop elements, drum machines, etc.

Yes, but that applies to David Guetta as well, doesn't mean he'd fit on a Bon Jovi record.

Kriegentragen 07-29-2013 07:38 PM

As it has been said before, it's funny how when Bon Jovi inserts modern music elements into their art (ala I'm with you autotune) becomes "lame". And when Mr. Sambo releases something like "Come back as me" it's "creative and experimental".

About "Come back to me": Absolutely it's not rock, and not his best effort, but I kinda like it. On the other hand I don't like the clear message to Jon (come on, his "lyric is very timely" tweet and the Frankie & Dean reference are not casual).

It's sad what this band is becoming. A Versace-wannabe soon-to-be ex-guitarist blinded by the glamour and fame monster, a workaholic vocalist with a shot voice, trying to be the next Leonard Cohen with his own E-Street Band, instead of the awesome self he was...

I'll really try to enjoy the show at Mexico City, with or without Richie. Something tells me that it will be the second and last time I'll see the band live. Just hope the setlist is not a downer like in 2010. Easily the worst on the tour.

ticos_stick 07-29-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriegentragen (Post 1148620)
As it has been said before, it's funny how when Bon Jovi inserts modern music elements into their art (ala I'm with you autotune) becomes "lame". And when Mr. Sambo releases something like "Come back as me" it's "creative and experimental".

Who said these things?

KeepTheFaith2211 07-29-2013 07:45 PM

Embarrassing. What a pile of shit.

BJ?YesPlease 07-29-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KeepTheFaith2211 (Post 1148623)
Embarrassing. What a pile of shit.

Winning more literary prizes for your reviews....

So eloquently put.

JoviJovi 07-29-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148626)
Winning more literary prizes for your reviews....

So eloquently put.

You do far more commenting about other peoples comments than you do about the issues at hand. If we could all just be as eloquent as you I'm sure the world would be a better place.:rolleyes: