Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   New Bon Jovi Releases (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   2 Very Special Bon Jovi Projects (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68524)

Javier 07-01-2014 05:38 PM

the Best Buy near me didn't have the Super Deluxe version, only the Deluxe one. I might order it as well. With shipping to the island it usually takes about 3 days with normal shipping costs. Hopefully after work I'll be able to find it somewhere, but I really don't want to have to wait until the weekend to listen to it arrrggh!!!

Raz0r 07-01-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179629)
The booklet is the incentive to purchase the CD. If there was a digital booklet, it would be flying all over the internet and no one would buy it.

Keep in mind, most people don't scan them either because bending the pages could risk ruining it.

Does it matter to them if someone downloads it or buys a physical copy? I always figured the price difference was due to the cost saving of not having to manufacture a physical product.

They do sometimes include a digital booklet with the download on iTunes, I got one for WAN. :-?

IDK - I've paid for the album, I don't feel like I'm ripping anyone off because I want to see the booklet. :-? I would feel a little taken advantage of however if I had to buy the album again in another format to get it. :-?

danfan 07-01-2014 06:23 PM

Just got the Super Deluxe in the mail from Amazon.

Rdkopper 07-01-2014 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz0r (Post 1179635)
Does it matter to them if someone downloads it or buys a physical copy? I always figured the price difference was due to the cost saving of not having to manufacture a physical product.

They do sometimes include a digital booklet with the download on iTunes, I got one for WAN. :-?

IDK - I've paid for the album, I don't feel like I'm ripping anyone off because I want to see the booklet. :-? I would feel a little taken advantage of however if I had to buy the album again in another format to get it. :-?

Let's face it, most people are only interest in Disc 2 and have no desire to download the entire album again or just want the 16 non-album tracks.

The booklet forces people, like myself, to purchase the entire package again which will boost NJ sales and turn a nice profit. If it wasn't for the booklet and packaging, I might only download the 13 tracks individually.

But even based on what you described above, you need to look at the grand scale of a world-wide release. There is a prices difference between i-tunes and the CD and even if that's only 1 dollar and 250 thousand more people purchase the CD, that's 250 thousand dollars which is not chump change. And that's just based on a dollar, the difference is much more which could equate to a million +

Like I stated, if there was a digital book, it would entice more illegal downloading. You download it from itunes, you save a few bucks, but you don't get the packaging. I think it makes sense.

Also, what's the benefit of downloading it off of i-tunes or ordering it on-line? What, you get it 4 hours earlier before the mail arrives? We are all smart internet people and know there are ways to hear it or steal it within those 4 hours anyway.

nickolai 07-01-2014 07:07 PM

Rdkopper, I see what you're saying, mate, but for me personally - you've seen one Jovi booklet, you've seen them all. Hard material and fancy pictures doesn't do it for me. I wasn't impressed with the box set garb 10 years ago so I have downloaded the album from Spotify. £10 a month for unlimited downloads. You can't look a gift horse in the mouth on that one. All my music now is from Spotify. The sound quality is better and louder than iTunes. It has also enabled me to give up my 5 year love affair with the iPhone with a look at changing this winter.

Rdkopper 07-01-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickolai (Post 1179639)
Rdkopper, I see what you're saying, mate, but for me personally - you've seen one Jovi booklet, you've seen them all. Hard material and fancy pictures doesn't do it for me. I wasn't impressed with the box set garb 10 years ago so I have downloaded the album from Spotify. £10 a month for unlimited downloads. You can't look a gift horse in the mouth on that one. All my music now is from Spotify. The sound quality is better and louder than iTunes. It has also enabled me to give up my 5 year love affair with the iPhone with a look at changing this winter.

Thanks cool man! I'm not implying anything about the book or trying to talk anyone into buying it. To each his own. The original statement was about why doesn't i-tunes offer a digital booklet. I just provided some incite.

The Spotify deal sounds pretty cool. Enjoy!

danfan 07-01-2014 08:05 PM

For what it's worth, while the book is cool, the person who wrote the short story inside didn't do all her homework.

- Claims the shot of the band hugging at the end of the BTBMB video was them receiving news that New Jersey had just hit #1. Not true. It's of them getting the news that Bad Medicine was a #1 single.

- Claims New Jersey outperformed it's predecessor. Not true.

- Claims New Jersey tour was 267 shows. It was 237.

Rdkopper 07-01-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1179643)
For what it's worth, while the book is cool, the person who wrote the short story inside didn't do all her homework.

- Claims the shot of the band hugging at the end of the BTBMB video was them receiving news that New Jersey had just hit #1. Not true. It's of them getting the news that Bad Medicine was a #1 single.

- Good call on the first one

- With hit singles, it did.

- Are you sure? Maybe the other source was wrong? I honestly have no idea. Maybe they are including other events like charity type shows. I forgot but going off memory I though at the end of Access, it was 267

Alphavictim 07-01-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rdkopper (Post 1179637)
Like I stated, if there was a digital book, it would entice more illegal downloading. You download it from itunes, you save a few bucks, but you don't get the packaging. I think it makes sense.

That's one hell of a non-sequitur. Itunes has nothing to do with illegal downloads, besides, there's websites that offer scans of booklets. Illegally. Just like mp3s are illegal.

So the legal download offering less is a pretty bad idea.

Javier 07-01-2014 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1179643)

They got the tour facts from Richie :p