Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

BJ?YesPlease 07-30-2013 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriciaSambora (Post 1148747)
First: I don't like her at all and yeah I'm wondering why Richie (and nikki too) is retweeting his solo vídeos these last days...

Why don't you like her? What FACTS do you know about her that lead you to such a concrete and negative viewing of her?

RonJovi 07-30-2013 12:19 PM

Have to laugh at the people having a go at Nikki. No one knows anything about her, what influence, if any, she's had on the situation. It's all baseless supposition from what I can see.

wichi850262 07-30-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148737)
Just a thought on Come Back As Me ... forgetting for a moment whether we know if it's an old recording or a "new" one:

This *might* explain the horrible sampled drums - Tico's away on tour and Aaron Sterling is playing with John Mayer. So maybe RS really wanted to record a song, didn't have his "go-to" guys around and thought "chuff it, we'll use sampled drums" - wouldn't be surprised if Luke Ebbin came up with the idea and convinced him.

Also - controversial alert - have listened to it a couple more times.
It's a grower.

Actually quite like it now .... if I can accept the drums.

I appreciate Richie's work...this effort is no different. Take it for what it is....if you like it - good. If you don't like it - good. Disrespecting anyone's work though is poor performance...do something better yourself, if you can!

Looking forward to more stuff :)

wichi850262 07-30-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BJ?YesPlease (Post 1148746)
It's not his best song, for me ... BUT - I think people are struggling to see past the production.
If this had classic rock drums and a "standard" arrangement, it would be very much in a Bon Jovi/RS vein.

very true indeed :)

Beaky 07-30-2013 12:37 PM

Apologies if this has been posted already... grab your tissues Phil lovers...

Phil X Twitter 2hrs ago
a HUGE thanks to everyone for the awesome tweets, pic/vid posts, comments & so forth. you made my @BonJovi experience even more KICK ASS!

DevilsSon 07-30-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1148750)
Have to laugh at the people having a go at Nikki. No one knows anything about her, what influence, if any, she's had on the situation. It's all baseless supposition from what I can see.

It is quite surreal really. I mean, in my book she's awesome! She's responsible for the most ambitious guitar effort coming from Sambora in years (and I say it because he hasn't done any shredding of this kind since Mr. Sambo was released, plus I love the song)! We're Strangers When We're Sobeeeer :D

https://soundcloud.com/phil-15-5/str...99&ref=profile

Neurotica80 07-30-2013 01:03 PM

Not condoning bullying but Nikki "Yoko Ono" Lund coming out with the house of love s*** just makes her look even more stupid.

Richie needs to ditch her and twitter.

CKatz 07-30-2013 01:16 PM

Why the constant "Yoko Ono" crap? What real evidence do people have to prove that she is actively plotting to destroy the band? People are starting to believe their own bullshit.

crashed 07-30-2013 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1148759)
Why the constant "Yoko Ono" crap? What real evidence do people have to prove that she is actively plotting to destroy the band? People are starting to believe their own bullshit.

Yet at the same time you're consistently calling Jon a liar, with absolutely no reason to either.

NicoRourke 07-30-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1148754)
Apologies if this has been posted already... grab your tissues Phil lovers...

Phil X Twitter 2hrs ago
a HUGE thanks to everyone for the awesome tweets, pic/vid posts, comments & so forth. you made my @BonJovi experience even more KICK ASS!

Is he suggesting it's over for him? He wrote 'made' instead of 'make'.

I think I'm also reading too much into everything related to this situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neurotica80 (Post 1148757)
Not condoning bullying but Nikki "Yoko Ono" Lund coming out with the house of love s*** just makes her look even more stupid.

Richie needs to ditch her and twitter.

Or ditch her on Twitter.