Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

JoviJovi 08-05-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149554)
A lot of people are presenting theories as fact now. I don't see you complaining when theories about Richie are presented as fact. If you assume one gossip story was fed by real sources, then you have to assume the same in the other case. We don't know for sure in either case. Some are just willing to give Jon the benefit of the doubt, but won't give Richie the same.

Can you point out exactly what reports you are referring to when you say Jon leaked info through his sources?

Sissy3 08-05-2013 02:25 PM

I have no problem with fans supporting Richie but what makes me roll my eyes at the over the top, fawning fans is, if Richie announced he was starting a new solo tour, how many of them would even buy a ticket? They support him on Twitter and that's about it for most of them.

Lisa71 08-05-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149554)
A lot of people are presenting theories as fact now. I don't see you complaining when theories about Richie are presented as fact. If you assume one gossip story was fed by real sources, then you have to assume the same in the other case. We don't know for sure in either case. Some are just willing to give Jon the benefit of the doubt, but won't give Richie the same.

What stories are you talking about regarding Jon? What did he leak?

jessycardy 08-05-2013 02:37 PM

I'm not entirely sure everybody here has even a vague idea of who Sean Borg is, so, you know, I'll just drop these here:

http://www.seanborggoesla.com/

http://seanborg.com/journalist/

CKatz 08-05-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jule225 (Post 1149556)
I'm simply asking for you to show me a source, so I can evaluate your claim for myself.

You can't?

Fine.

I don't believe you.

Further, I don't see any reason why I, or anyone else, should take another word you say as anything but a product of your imagination.

If you can't back up what you say, your words are absolutely worthless.

Also, where exactly did you get the idea that I'm giving Jon the benefit of the doubt, or for that matter, that I'm not giving it to Richie? I called you on a lie. I didn't say a word about Jon or Richie.

I haven't seen anyone (recently) posting such a blatant lie about Richie as you just did about Jon. Theorizing, yes. Discussing possibilities and stating opinions, yes. But presenting a lie as the truth? I haven't seen it. If you want to point me in the direction of a (recent) post that does that, be my guest. I'll quote my own post in response to it.

I never asked you to believe me. I don't even believe it 100%. That was what I was trying to express. I think the sources in both cases are made up. They both don't have a history of leaking info to the tabloids. So why would they start now.
So there's no reason to get so upset and emotional about it....lol

JoviJovi 08-05-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1149558)
I have no problem with fans supporting Richie but what makes me roll my eyes at the over the top, fawning fans is, if Richie announced he was starting a new solo tour, how many of them would even buy a ticket? They support him on Twitter and that's about it for most of them.

They are more interested in Richie retweeting them than anything else.

CKatz 08-05-2013 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisa71 (Post 1149559)
What stories are you talking about regarding Jon? What did he leak?

I'm talking about the very first tabloid stories that came out in April that claimed to be from sources close to Jon. All of them are at the beginning of this thread somewhere.

CKatz 08-05-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1149558)

If every follower of the Bon Jovi account went out to buy WAN, the album would have been a success.

jessycardy 08-05-2013 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149563)
I'm talking about the very first tabloid stories that came out in April that claimed to be from sources close to Jon. All of them are at the beginning of this thread somewhere.

And what did these articles claim exactly? 'Cause I can't remember any. In April, gossip sites were running with the story that Jon and Richie fought over money and Jon was the bad guy who made Richie run away. If there were "sources", they were claimed to be Richie's. There just hasn't been ANY story from Jon's supposed "sources", that's the point people are trying to make here. All of the stuff we have from Jon was direct quotes, true or false, but that's what we have. The whole gossip machine here was fueled by one side only and that's simply a fact. And Sean "gossip expert" Borg is best buddies with Richie and his articles feature links to RumorFix ones. I'm sorry, but this is the truth, I don't like it either, I hate it, but I won't eat shit pretending it's chocolate.

CKatz 08-05-2013 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149565)
And what did these articles claim exactly? 'Cause I can't remember any. In April, gossip sites were running with the story that Jon and Richie fought over money and Jon was the bad guy who made Richie run away. If there were "sources", they were claimed to be Richie's. There just hasn't been ANY story from Jon's supposed "sources", that's the point people are trying to make here. All of the stuff we have from Jon was direct quotes, true or false, but that's what we have. The whole gossip machine here was fueled by one side only and that's simply a fact. And Sean "gossip expert" Borg is best buddies with Richie and his articles feature links to RumorFix ones. I'm sorry, but this is the truth, I don't like it either, I hate it, but I won't eat shit pretending it's chocolate.

Tmz wasn't the first to claim having a scoop:

The first was NaughtyButNiceRob (who used to work for the band):
http://www.naughtybutnicerob.com/ric...d-by-bon-jovi/

Then the NY Post did two about "hard partying".
And radar online did one about the same topic.

Edit: Let's pretend Sean IS speaking on Richie's behalf (I think he's just a very bad pr person who thinks any publicity is good publicity):
Then that would make the stories a lot more believable which would make Jon look bad.