Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Stranger11 08-05-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149561)
They both don't have a history of leaking info to the tabloids. So why would they start now.

Exactly. After 30 years including a period that almost broke the band up because they believed all those made up stories, I doubt that they (esp. Richie) would see this as a new way to glorify themselves and put the other one down.

Call me naive but I don´t think that the friendship they have shown was (is) fake. Maybe it changed as time went by but I still think that they have the kind of respect for each other that prevents them from trash talking.

JoviJovi 08-05-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149581)
I have as well. I regularly read Tony Ortega's Anti-Scientology blog The Underground Bunker. I also just finished reading "Going Clear" by Lawrence Wright. I am about to start reading "Beyond Belief" by Jenna Miscavige Hill, the niece of Scientology's leader.
Scary stuff. It's a shame this criminal organization is getting away with their daily abuses by posing as a religion.

I read Tony's blog as well. It's all so fascinating and mind boggling that people buy into that craziness. I am really interested to see what Leah Remini has to say about the organization now that she has left. Hopefully she will write a book about her experience since she does not appear to be scared of them.

Jovimimi 08-05-2013 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1149584)

People are fond of saying ‘I am going to wait until I know what’s going on’ but no one has, minds are made up and in the absence of fact, we’re all guilty of twisting the fiction to suit our own emotions.

exactly true ... it's like fans are creating an interactive fan fiction story where you change the story at every single message posted - you can learn a lot about who is posting more than anything really constructive about those 2 men who are, anyway, pretty much used of selling their celeb life to the mass to comment and fantasy on .... anyway, for what it worth, it seems it is fulfilling the internet life of quite a few on here... this place is still quite entertaining but it is wearing out lately :cool:

semigoodlookin 08-05-2013 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1149584)
I think the thing I lost sight of here, before this became a bit of a media frenzy is that there’s obviously a lot of emotion involved for both parties and when you’re hurt, you lash out. You can look at this in black and white and say ‘Jon has been straight down the line,’ absolutely. But this is an emotional, private thing between these guys, even if it’s about business, it’s become personal because both have lacked respect for each other. Here’s how I see it…

Jon has the benefit/curse of being on a world tour and having a mic shoved in his face at every airport, doing press in every city if he wants to and his message was clear… it’s petty going over Jon’s exact words, the fact is 99.9999% of people, having heard or read his statements believed Richie had fallen off the wagon. That doesn’t happen by accident, not with someone who has spent 30 years talking to the press. This was Jon angry, hurt, disappointed, left in the lurch and lashing out. If Richie has left because he’s a twat, I can totally understand that.

Richie doesn’t have a press call for a tour, he isn’t meeting journalists in hotels to talk about a show. But now, he is being branded a drunk/druggy etc. Just because he is famous, just because he’s been a drunk and a druggy before, it doesn’t really seem like something he should sit and take on the chin. His daughter’s friends probably read that, his Mum might have seen it, people he works with in his other associations or charities; people he has acquaintances with but doesn’t know well enough to say ‘hey, look, this is bullsh*t, I just fell out with Jon.’ So what does he do? He works with a PR for his fashion line, so he meets him and gives a statement. I just cannot see anyone else doing anything different here. Could he have gone to the mainstream press directly? Absolutely. Would it have been handled any better? How could it have been? It’s a mess. As with most things that involve friendships breaking down.

The problem is, there are some common misconceptions on here. Firstly, I don’t know Sean Borg but I know plenty of people who guys on here would probably consider ‘gutter journalists’. The fact is, Richie obviously trusts him. You go to a PR when you want to make sure that your message will not get misconstrued. The difference is, Jon can sit in a room with A.Journo and say ‘he quoted me out of context’, Richie can’t. That arrangement, for the messages they are putting out, suits both of them. Jon can say ‘I didn’t mean it like that,’ whereas Sean Borg can sell the story saying ‘a source close to Sambora says… ‘ when HE is the source.

Look, I like/dislike Jon and Richie about the same amount at the moment. I have been labelled as anti-Jon because of the MASSIVE RS backlash that has gone on over the last few months. Jon has spent years getting bashed as the CEO, the Stink-Eye Hitler, etc… It’s almost like people have rejoiced in saying ‘I ****ING KNEW RICHIE WAS A TWAT ALL ALONG!’ The posting of the interview with his ex-girlfriend trashing him, constant, horrible pot-shots at the fashion line, his daughter’s acting ambitions, basically anything that doesn’t involve him being ‘faithful’ to Jon – it’s all gotten a bit ‘Twilight’… I feel like it’s turned us all into overweight teen girls who fight the corner of the blonde one or the dark haired one ‘cos one day he is definitely going to turn up and marry me.’

People are fond of saying ‘I am going to wait until I know what’s going on’ but no one has, minds are made up and in the absence of fact, we’re all guilty of twisting the fiction to suit our own emotions.

Sane post in mental thread? Please don't or heads will explode, better to pick a side.

Jon, who has been getting ever more political and would now rather the Edge.

Or Richie, who is sober, but may be on cocaine or a part of a religious cult and who is getting poor advice from the Borg who want to assimulate him I presume.

Richie Sambora, dedicated dad, hard drug user, drunk, mid-life crisis experiencing, fashion guru, scientologist, doer of ugly women who everyone thinks are hot, terrible tweeter, cy-borg, erm....guitarist.

Jon Bon Jovi, dedicated dad of a hard drug user, working for the working man singer, touring cause the crew gotta eat, Edge fan, Obama name dropper, Bobby sympathiser.

Sissy3 08-05-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CKatz (Post 1149579)
:o
Now I like him even less. I hope he isn't trying to "recruit".

First thing that popped into my brain. Richie's wealthy, well known, and I think he's easily led by those who feed his ego. (Which most people probably are but.....)

CKatz 08-05-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1149586)
I read Tony's blog as well. It's all so fascinating and mind boggling that people buy into that craziness. I am really interested to see what Leah Remini has to say about the organization now that she has left. Hopefully she will write a book about her experience since she does not appear to be scared of them.

I'm really looking forward to Leah's book as well. I admire the fact the family left with her and didn't "disconnect".
Very unusual and brave.

Stiggy 08-05-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sissy3 (Post 1149590)
First thing that popped into my brain. Richie's wealthy, well known, and I think he's easily led by those who feed his ego. (Which most people probably are but.....)

& did go missing for 2 months w/ no sighting... not even by paps

heart&dagger 08-05-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1149571)
Yeah, maybe... so? I'm not sure my intent's clear here, but I'm not playing the who-looks-worse game, I'm just offering facts. I have no reason to say Richie's an asshole and I also don't believe Richie's an asshole. But I can't ignore Richie's relationship with that guy, I can't ignore that every gossip article promoted the fashion line (conflict of interest anyone? Borg is the PR of both Richie and NikkiRich) and I can't ignore that the rest of the band remained quite silent on the matter for the most part, while we keep hearing bullshit from his side of the fence, whatever his involvement in this game. I believe that Borg person has a lot to gain from this and has a major role in how bad it all looks to us. The point is things have got to a point where, no matter how hard I try, I just can't pretend anymore that Richie has no clue whatsoever about what's being said and done. And that doesn't make him look any good either, I think.

And given that my love for him and the way I miss him have remained totally unchanged, it's not easy for me to say any of this, believe me. I just wish he could get rid of those damn gold-diggers around him once and for all and just handle this on his own. He's either being brainwashed or he's playing their game. Both scenarios are dreadful to me.

Very well said. I might add that Richie is very vulnerable to these types of "friends". He has a very small family, (for support), unlike the other band members. So, he's looking for support, (some might say ~ "yes friends"), in all the wrong places, imo.

Your last paragraph was especially poignant.

semigoodlookin 08-05-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heart†1149594
I might add that Richie is very vulnerable to these types of "friends"..

How do you know this?

heart&dagger 08-05-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steel_horse75 (Post 1149540)
Every time Richie Tweets his thanks or his gratitude I just reply to him that what fans really want is an explanation into why he walked off the tour and now months later we are still not being told anything.
The amount of women who reply to me saying its none of anyone’s business or that he don’t have to say anything is staggering. Blind faith I call it.
I just reply the same reply every time – Tell that to the 1000s of fans who bought tickets and are seeing someone else play guitar with the band. 30 years of loyalty clearing counts for nothing.
I loved winding these people up. But at the same I think Im right. We are owed an explanation. If he missed 4 or 5 shows then OK but how many has he missed now? How many months has it been? Yet we are still in the dark about it.

Well said, completely agree.