Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

ezearis 05-17-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1130220)
In response to Bobby's YGLABN solo, dear god what is he doing. Glad I didn't get a ticket for that crap.

In response to the Press conference video, I admit I bash Jon alot but I figure he's right to put some pressure on Richie to at least shed some light on why he isn't there.

If Bobby's doing that solo here I'm throwing him a rock like those guys in Portugal did to Nickelback back in 2002.

JerseyGiant 05-17-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ezearis (Post 1130244)
If Bobby's doing that solo here I'm throwing him a rock like those guys in Portugal did to Nickelback back in 2002.

Ha! Theirs a video of that somewhere isn't there? And yes Bobby.bad name solo= rock! Amen to that ;)

crashed 05-17-2013 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1130204)

2. I'll never understand the whole "Evil Jon wants to make pop records and stops Saint Richie from playing 85 minute solos at every turn." Richie has never expressed a problem with what the band puts out, he spouts off numbers and accolades just as much as Jon does, and every track on his recent solo album (for better worse) could have fit on any of the last 5 Bon Jovi albums. So no, I don't think if Richie returns it will lead to some kind of mutiny.

Exactly this. It's a myth made up in the minds of some fans that Richie is some kind of creative Jedi whose talent is being deliberately quashed. Folks, Jon's far, far too smart for that. If Richie was on top of his game Jon would be using it. But it's fair to say from everything we've seen from Richie over the last few years - he's not anywhere near at the top of his game. He seemed to be getting back into it at the start of this tour and then whatever this is happens - Richie Sambora is right now a total liability to Bon Jovi, and as we've seen from his solo tour with the cancelled shows, to the same people who profess he's the angel who can do no wrong.

DestinationJovi 05-17-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stranger11 (Post 1130155)
Maybe I´m hearing things here but Jon says at 1:58 "...when he works through his personal issues...." and at 2:12 "we are fortunate that the guy that filled in for him last time that he had issues was available....".

As far as I know the issues Richie had in 2011 was rehab etc. Did Jon give a hint here?

Maybe Richie felt strong enough at the beginning of the tour that he could go through this without any of his demons showing up again (like on previous tours) but in this 2 weeks break (or even before) he felt it doesn´t work so he decided to leave the tour.

But then again he would have informed the guys not 6 hours before showtime - but it could be something in that direction.

I caught that reference too. I've flipped flopped on rehab/detox being the reason because of Richie's tweets, but here Jon makes it sound like the issues are the same as last time. Maybe he is just less sympathetic now because it's the 4th stint during the 3rd consecutive tour and he's just fed up that he can't get his shit together.

DestinationJovi 05-17-2013 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crashed (Post 1130247)
Exactly this. It's a myth made up in the minds of some fans that Richie is some kind of creative Jedi whose talent is being deliberately quashed. Folks, Jon's far, far too smart for that. If Richie was on top of his game Jon would be using it. But it's fair to say from everything we've seen from Richie over the last few years - he's not anywhere near at the top of his game. He seemed to be getting back into it at the start of this tour and then whatever this is happens - Richie Sambora is right now a total liability to Bon Jovi, and as we've seen from his solo tour with the cancelled shows, to the same people who profess he's the angel who can do no wrong.

I certainly do not profess Richie is an angel who can do no wrong, but I'd say the cancelled solo shows due to poor ticket sales was the promoter and label's doing. Not Richie. He's very proud of Aftermath, I think he'd play to 30 people if that's all that showed up. But the cost would exceed the revue so they were cancelled by the people footing the bill.

crashed 05-17-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1130251)
I certainly do not profess Richie is an angel who can do no wrong, but I'd say the cancelled solo shows due to poor ticket sales was the promoter and label's doing. Not Richie. He's very proud of Aftermath, I think he'd play to 30 people if that's all that showed up. But the cost would exceed the revue so they were cancelled by the people footing the bill.

That's a fair point.

jovigirloz 05-17-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by idbl_fanatic (Post 1130193)
Tico:

"Richie's been a big part of our band, and so its difficult sometimes in life, everybody has personal lives, and you have to give people space, we'll continue on as a band, we miss him, and before, whatever it's worth, it's important to have your own life."

Thank you... interesting that Tico said "been" not is.

jovigirloz 05-17-2013 11:56 PM

Quote:

Good point there. Richie seemed so passionate about what he was doing, not necessarily chasing sales and no.1 hits.

linnea.cfc32_jovibandana 05-18-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jovigirloz (Post 1130261)
Good point there. Richie seemed so passionate about what he was doing, not necessarily chasing sales and no.1 hits.

Which is kind of the point I was trying to make earlier...

JoviJovi 05-18-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

But its the talent that should bring people in the building. The promoter isnt going to cancel if the talent is drawing in the crowd.

MrNickel 05-18-2013 02:39 AM

How badly was these dates selling ? How big were the venues ?

joriile 05-18-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrNickel (Post 1130299)
How badly was these dates selling ? How big were the venues ?

I went to the LA show and the capacity for the venue is about 1000.
Only 300 tickets were sold. :(
During the soundcheck, the keyboard or guitarist said something like it's gonna be a very small crowd tonight and Richie answered, yeah, but they're my crowd.
Honestly, I was pretty disheartened by the size of the crowd…… And that's the first time I got to meet Richie…… T T

Becky 05-18-2013 03:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joriile (Post 1130302)
I went to the LA show and the capacity for the venue is about 1000.
Only 300 tickets were sold. :(
During the soundcheck, the keyboard or guitarist said something like it's gonna be a very small crowd tonight and Richie answered, yeah, but they're my crowd.
Honestly, I was pretty disheartened by the size of the crowd…… And that's the first time I got to meet Richie…… T T

300 tickets in a city the size of LA? That's flabbergasting.

Mysterytrain 05-18-2013 03:17 AM

Generally speaking, it seems many in the U.S. have no idea Richie has a solo career. Even if they'd heard his name, they may not even know he's the guitarist in Bon Jovi.

I've told some of my otherwise astute family members (who are reasonably smart about popular culture) about my admiration for Richie and his solo career, and I've always had to explain to them the Bon Jovi connection. Then a lightbulb goes on in their heads and they figure it out, and find it mildly interesting (or pretend to).

That's been my experience, anyway.

Captain_jovi 05-18-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1130303)
300 tickets in a city the size of LA? That's flabbergasting.

Considering NYC is so close to Jersey and STILL got cancelled, it really shows how bad things were.

Again, my beef wasn't the cancelled shows, it was how he handled them.

GabrielC 05-18-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crushgen24/88 (Post 1130204)
1. Axl gives out that delusional amount of solos because his voice can barely hold up, and he needs to go backstage and suck down oxygen and whatever else to get him through the set. Not to mention that there isn't a damn thing "improvised" at a 2013 GN'R show, but I digress.

2. I'll never understand the whole "Evil Jon wants to make pop records and stops Saint Richie from playing 85 minute solos at every turn." Richie has never expressed a problem with what the band puts out, he spouts off numbers and accolades just as much as Jon does, and every track on his recent solo album (for better worse) could have fit on any of the last 5 Bon Jovi albums. So no, I don't think if Richie returns it will lead to some kind of mutiny.

Didn't he said he throught that the guitar would be louder in the record?

Savvi 05-18-2013 11:47 AM

This may have already been posted but here it is anyway...

In an interview with radio announcer Pete Snodden, Jon Bon Jovi spoke about his current tour through Europe and South Africa, his upcoming performance at Slane and what's going on with the Richie Sambora/Bon Jovi split.

We reported previously that the band was being pretty tightlipped about the reasons why Sambora had left but, on "The Ellen Degeneres Show," Jon Bon Jovi said that Sambora was "absolutely still a member of the band."

When Snodden asked him if Sambora was going to be back with the band, Bon Jovi said, "Let's just say I certainly hope so. He has not been fired from the band. He's not ill. He's got some personal stuff that he's got to deal with and I can't comment any further. And it's not me being elusive but it's for him to answer any further than that."

Addressing rumors that there may have been a falling out between frontman and guitarist, Bon Jovi said, "We did not have a row. But we go on. And he is always going to be welcome as long as he's up for it."

Article
Audio

danfan 05-18-2013 01:26 PM

That interview pretty much sums it up. Richie left because he was tired of the band or whatever. He's officially become the Tommy Lee of Bon Jovi. He knows they won't be as big without him, and apparently he doesn't give a shit about leaving the fans high and dry.

rolo_tomachi 05-18-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savvi (Post 1130345)
This may have already been posted but here it is anyway...

In an interview with radio announcer Pete Snodden, Jon Bon Jovi spoke about his current tour through Europe and South Africa, his upcoming performance at Slane and what's going on with the Richie Sambora/Bon Jovi split.

We reported previously that the band was being pretty tightlipped about the reasons why Sambora had left but, on "The Ellen Degeneres Show," Jon Bon Jovi said that Sambora was "absolutely still a member of the band."

When Snodden asked him if Sambora was going to be back with the band, Bon Jovi said, "Let's just say I certainly hope so. He has not been fired from the band. He's not ill. He's got some personal stuff that he's got to deal with and I can't comment any further. And it's not me being elusive but it's for him to answer any further than that."

Addressing rumors that there may have been a falling out between frontman and guitarist, Bon Jovi said, "We did not have a row. But we go on. And he is always going to be welcome as long as he's up for it."

Article
Audio

Jon said the same thing with Alec.

Wonderdog 05-18-2013 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130382)
Jon said the same thing with Alec.

Jon said that he hoped Alec would return, that he was always welcome, that he wasn't fired... I don't think so.

MrNickel 05-18-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1130375)
That interview pretty much sums it up. Richie left because he was tired of the band or whatever. He's officially become the Tommy Lee of Bon Jovi. He knows they won't be as big without him, and apparently he doesn't give a shit about leaving the fans high and dry.

I think you might be right.

Kryten2340 05-18-2013 04:27 PM

It may be meaningless but these tweets were instantly deleted

http://s10.postimg.org/gzc31u8y1/image.jpg

[img=http://s10.postimg.org/3jtnq4ptx/image.jpg]

IML88 05-18-2013 05:11 PM

"He is always welcome" - sick of Jon turning the band into a JBJ solo effort. He doesnt seem to regard the members as highly as he once did. Someone needs to remind him who co-wrote their biggest hits and make him realise its the collective band that sell out his lucrative tours not him on his own.

PatriciaSambora 05-18-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1130400)

Oh gosh, I was hoping it was true and see Richie in Madrid:(

Roll 05-18-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IML88 (Post 1130402)
"He is always welcome" - sick of Jon turning the band into a JBJ solo effort. He doesnt seem to regard the members as highly as he once did. Someone needs to remind him who co-wrote their biggest hits and make him realise its the collective band that sell out his lucrative tours not him on his own.

I can't understand how after 2 months of that shit someone can come up with such a lame comment. Richie is ****ing great and if anything had to be remembered to anyone, my point is that someone should remind Richie of his commitments. He doesn't give a **** about us fans, the guy can go to hell. It's time to give some slack to the members of the band who perform every night.

Kryten2340 05-18-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriciaSambora (Post 1130404)
Oh gosh, I was hoping it was true and see Richie in Madrid:(

He's not exactly going to confirm it either. My guess is he will return during the 10 day break. The UK sales are poor if they are offering lucky dip tickets. Jon is a business man and knows he needs Richie for the festivals.

Savvi 05-18-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roll (Post 1130405)
I can't understand how after 2 months of that shit someone can come up with such a lame comment. Richie is ****ing great and if anything had to be remembered to anyone, my point is that someone should remind Richie of his commitments. He doesn't give a **** about us fans, the guy can go to hell. It's time to give some slack to the members of the band who perform every night.

I cant help but somewhat agree with you.

Richie is the one who has bailed on the tour and the band... but yet Jon is getting most of the trash talk. He is the one facing the not so happy fans on stage, he is the one who is having to face the media in interviews and statements.

I love Richie but he is the one fans should be upset with the most.

As a side note, if Richie is to come back, Im betting he will be back for the home shows in New Jersey.

jessycardy 05-18-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Nothing is meaningless. Thanks for sharing!

nrm123 05-18-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130409)
Nothing is meaningless. Thanks for sharing!

The question now is why were they deleted. If they Said it was true fair enough.

rolo_tomachi 05-18-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

You know what I think of this guy.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/968...edfukmoney.gif

Why he the tweets were instantly deleted?
?
?
?

jessycardy 05-18-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1130410)
The question now is why were they deleted. If they Said it was true fair enough.

I'm trying to come up with different possibilities, but they all get tangled up in my head and I just don't know. LOL

rolo_tomachi 05-18-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130412)
I'm trying to come up with different possibilities, but they all get tangled up in my head and I just don't know. LOL

We will leave doubts on June 6.

The hero's return?
http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/7...osamboraok.jpg

Or continue the parody?
http://img825.imageshack.us/img825/8315/philboby.gif

bets are accepted.

DestinationJovi 05-18-2013 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130411)
You know what I think of this guy.

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/968...edfukmoney.gif

Why he the tweets were instantly deleted?
?
?
?

Your pics are overkill. They're no longer funny, they're annoying. Please stop.

WillRunForChocolate 05-18-2013 06:55 PM

It will be interesting to see what the fans' reaction will be when/if Richie returns.

DestinationJovi 05-18-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WillRunForChocolate (Post 1130421)
It will be interesting to see what the fans' reaction will be when/if Richie returns.

Huh? It will be a big love fest!

He is desperately wanted back. The only people that say they don't are the ones pissed at him for how he's handling this, not because they truly want a Bon Jovi show without Sambora.

Kryten2340 05-18-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1130410)

I don't know what puzzles me more. The fact he deleted the tweets instantly or the fact he sent me a second reply saying "that he's aware of". Not long until the break now so maybe we'll find out more then. Technically speaking this could be classed as the 1st European leg and when the resume after the 10 day break that could be the 2nd leg. Perfect way of covering things up if he does return.

jessycardy 05-18-2013 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1130425)

He is desperately wanted back. The only people that say they don't are the ones pissed at him for how he's handling this, not because they truly want a Bon Jovi show without Sambora.

I'm not exactly thrilled at how he's SEEMINGLY handling things either, but I want him back like my very life depended on it.

rolo_tomachi 05-18-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1130420)
Your pics are overkill. They're no longer funny, they're annoying. Please stop.

Sorry, does not happen again. :(

Kryten2340 05-18-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1130425)

This. Ticket sales are poor here in the UK or why else would they put this lucky dip offer on.
Not only that the festivals are coming up and IoW is part televised I think. When you brings Jon's voice issues into this he is badly wanted back. Richie could do a song or two to give Jon a break.

If it is an argument I'm expecting Jon to be the better man for the sake of the brand. He is a businessman after all.

jessycardy 05-18-2013 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1130426)
I don't know what puzzles me more. The fact he deleted the tweets instantly or the fact he sent me a second reply saying "that he's aware of". Not long until the break now so maybe we'll find out more then. Technically speaking this could be classed as the 1st European leg and when the resume after the 10 day break that could be the 2nd leg. Perfect way of covering things up if he does return.

Yes and no. I think people would still be bitching because they were told he'd be gone from Europe. But yeah, I absolutely see "two legs" here as well, and I guess it could work as an excuse after all. There's more time between those two dates in Europe than there is between the actual European and second US legs.