Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

rolo_tomachi 05-18-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130427)
I'm not exactly thrilled at how he's SEEMINGLY handling things either, but I want him back like my very life depended on it.

I feel the same as you. So make transform my frustration in pictures. But I will not do more. :evilbat:

jessycardy 05-18-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130434)
I feel the same as you. So dicidi transform my frustration in pictures. But I will not do more. :evilbat:

I have nothing against your pictures and I find most of them funny or at least a nice break from all the rest. For what it's worth. ;)

DevilsSon 05-18-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1130425)
Huh? It will be a big love fest!

He is desperately wanted back. The only people that say they don't are the ones pissed at him for how he's handling this, not because they truly want a Bon Jovi show without Sambora.

Bullshit. I truly want to see ONE show without Richie. Then he can do whatever, I'll never see them again. But if he's not coming back, I will do one of the shows in June.

rolo_tomachi 05-18-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130435)
I have nothing against your pictures and I find most of them funny or at least a nice break from all the rest. For what it's worth. ;)

T H A N K S .

DevilsSon 05-18-2013 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130428)
Sorry, does not happen again. :(

I think your pics are great man :) Based on your general posts, I didn't think you had that kind of humour in you, but I enjoyed them.

DestinationJovi 05-18-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1130439)
Bullshit. I truly want to see ONE show without Richie. Then he can do whatever, I'll never see them again. But if he's not coming back, I will do one of the shows in June.

Enjoy it.

I've seen one show without Richie. You will see why I only saw one after you see yours.

rolo_tomachi 05-18-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1130442)
I think your pics are great man :) Based on your general posts, I didn't think you had that kind of humour in you, but I enjoyed them.

They're just parodies, is harmless, and I'm not the first nor the only thing I do that.

Only fun.

DestinationJovi 05-18-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130435)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilsSon (Post 1130442)

I don't have anything against them, per se. It's just that he's been posting so many lately and I am on an iPad. The pics take up a lot of space and make it difficult to read actual posts relating to the topic. I noticed a few pages back that I'm not alone in this.

Another thread for just his pics perhaps?

Mysterytrain 05-18-2013 07:30 PM

Re: Matt's instantly-deleted Tweets: This is just a guess, but I remember reading some articles about Richie's disappearance not long ago, and it appeared at least some in the media figured out who Matt was and that he could be a good source, and the articles quoted his Twitter account. Maybe he just didn't want to stir up the rumor mill in the press again, so he deleted the Tweets.

JoviJovi 05-18-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1130410)
The question now is why were they deleted. If they Said it was true fair enough.

Because even the slightest chance of him coming back will improve ticket sales. If he shoots the rumor down, those chances looks even less possible.

Supersonic 05-18-2013 08:12 PM

Aloha !

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1130450)
Because even the slightest chance of him coming back will improve ticket sales. If he shoots the rumor down, those chances looks even less possible.

I think it's more of a matter of him not wanting to big it up, if he doesn't show up he's letting fans down again and we all know Matt hates letting fans down. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by DestinationJovi (Post 1130446)
Another thread for just his pics perhaps?

No way, suck it up you iDestinationJovi. :p

Seriously though the pictures are the reason I still visit this thread. Rolo's contributions have been among some of the best this board has seen the last couple of months and putting them in a different thread defeats the purpose considering how he's responding to things said in here.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

Dicanio 05-18-2013 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1130428)
Sorry, does not happen again. :(

Take no notice Rolo!! Your pictures are both hilarious and close to the truth!! Lol

MrNickel 05-18-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1130451)
Seriously though the pictures are the reason I still visit this thread. Rolo's contributions have been among some of the best this board has seen the last couple of months and putting them in a different thread defeats the purpose considering how he's responding to things said in here.

Salaam Aleikum,
Sebastiaan

This. Keep the pics coming.

nrm123 05-18-2013 09:37 PM

what would be great is no announcement from the band, Water intro starts playing Richie and Jon walk on stage fireworks...BAM!

jessycardy 05-18-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nrm123 (Post 1130489)
what would be great is no announcement from the band, Water intro starts playing Richie and Jon walk on stage fireworks...BAM!

That would cause a handful of heart attacks, no doubt! :)

DestinationJovi 05-18-2013 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Supersonic (Post 1130451)
No way, suck it up you iDestinationJovi. :p

LOL Touché ;)

Sami 05-18-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Quite a vision!

Jonty 05-19-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1130429)
This. Ticket sales are poor here in the UK or why else would they put this lucky dip offer on.
Not only that the festivals are coming up and IoW is part televised I think. When you brings Jon's voice issues into this he is badly wanted back. Richie could do a song or two to give Jon a break.

If it is an argument I'm expecting Jon to be the better man for the sake of the brand. He is a businessman after all.

lucky dip tickets???

Jonty 05-19-2013 01:34 AM

Quote:

Or Blood on Blood where Richie is doing the intro on his own. That wont happen as the limelight would be stolen from Jon's entrance though!

Jonty 05-19-2013 02:16 AM

watching Richie play Munich last year on solo, he seemed really into it!! some really good songs and solos, certainly would liven up the current set lists!!

Rumen 05-19-2013 02:28 AM

So far...

Jon:

"Well. All I can tell you, without lying, is 3:30 Tuesday afternoon, I get a phone call in Calgary that Richie will not be able to perform for personal reasons and he won’t be coming. So we went to the show and I had two choices. Pack up the trucks or play. And we’ve been through this before so we played and had a replacement for him the next night. We’re very supportive of whatever he’s going through but I have yet to speak to him. That’s all I can say because I just don’t know any more."

"Ok, well! All I can say is that, honest to God, it's a personal matter, but we love him very much and he's absolutely still a member of the band."

"He has not been fired from the band, he is not ill, he's got some personal stuff that he's gotta deal with and I can't comment any further and it's not me being elusive, but it's for him to answer any further than that. We did not have a row, but we go on and he is always gonna be welcome as long as he's up for it."

"To keep addressing the Richie thing, and it's very difficult for us because, in truth, it's almost to the point... you've gotta ask him. He didn't show up, that's all that happened. He didn't get fired, we didn't have a fight. We've been through this before. And when he works through his personal issues, then he can talk about what date, if at all, he chooses to come back. We love him, we miss him, it's different but it's still just as good, and we're fortunate that the guy that filled in for him last time that he had issues was available, so the shows have not suffered one bit."

Tico:

"Richie's been a big part of our band, and so its difficult sometimes in life, everybody has personal lives, and you have to give people space, we'll continue on as a band, we miss him, and before, whatever it's worth, it's important to have your own life."

Richie:

"I'm doing ****ing great. This is a private matter but please know I love the band and you fans!"

"Don't worry bout me... I'm tip top and smilin..."

"Rockbridge guitars simply the best right now....just killer!"

Captmorgs 05-19-2013 02:54 AM

He just doesn't want to play with the band right now, folks. Sounds like a Richie-problem to me. This is on him.

WillRunForChocolate 05-19-2013 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumen (Post 1130577)
So far...

Jon:

"Well. All I can tell you, without lying, is 3:30 Tuesday afternoon, I get a phone call in Calgary that Richie will not be able to perform for personal reasons and he won’t be coming. So we went to the show and I had two choices. Pack up the trucks or play. And we’ve been through this before so we played and had a replacement for him the next night. We’re very supportive of whatever he’s going through but I have yet to speak to him. That’s all I can say because I just don’t know any more."

"Ok, well! All I can say is that, honest to God, it's a personal matter, but we love him very much and he's absolutely still a member of the band."

"He has not been fired from the band, he is not ill, he's got some personal stuff that he's gotta deal with and I can't comment any further and it's not me being elusive, but it's for him to answer any further than that. We did not have a row, but we go on and he is always gonna be welcome as long as he's up for it."

"To keep addressing the Richie thing, and it's very difficult for us because, in truth, it's almost to the point... you've gotta ask him. He didn't show up, that's all that happened. He didn't get fired, we didn't have a fight. We've been through this before. And when he works through his personal issues, then he can talk about what date, if at all, he chooses to come back. We love him, we miss him, it's different but it's still just as good, and we're fortunate that the guy that filled in for him last time that he had issues was available, so the shows have not suffered one bit."

Tico:

"Richie's been a big part of our band, and so its difficult sometimes in life, everybody has personal lives, and you have to give people space, we'll continue on as a band, we miss him, and before, whatever it's worth, it's important to have your own life."

Richie:

"I'm doing ****ing great. This is a private matter but please know I love the band and you fans!"

Thanks for the summary. I've sent a screenshot of this post to my non-obsessed Bon Jovi friends who haven't been following as closely as some of us :)

Lisa71 05-19-2013 03:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rumen (Post 1130577)
So far...

Jon:

Tico:

Richie:

Appreciate this, thanks. You just missed this tweet from Richie:

Oh about the contest... So many to go thru and so much greatness I gotta come up with a plan... So many talented people....

Bill23 05-19-2013 07:41 AM

Bring back Richie!

Slakk 05-19-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captmorgs (Post 1130587)
He just doesn't want to play with the band right now, folks. Sounds like a Richie-problem to me. This is on him.

Yep - and the other three are making the best of it.

MrNickel 05-19-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill23 (Post 1130606)

Its such a shame whats happening now, he really is the man when hes on form.

jessycardy 05-19-2013 02:19 PM

This thread should be renamed "The Richie Thing".

MrNickel 05-19-2013 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jessycardy (Post 1130665)
This thread should be renamed "The Richie Thing".

I like it or maybe Richie Gate 2 ?

jovigirloz 05-19-2013 03:33 PM

I am really starting to think that the anniversary month of his fathers death and spending time with Ava in Hawaii has made him re evaluate things in his life.

Kryten2340 05-19-2013 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonty (Post 1130567)
lucky dip tickets???

Quote:

BON JOVI 'BECAUSE WE CAN' TOUR

LUCKY DIP TICKET OFFER

It's less than one month until Bon Jovi touches down in the UK for the Because We Can Tour!

The band's return to the road in 2013 will cap an incredible run which has secured Bon Jovi's status as the essential live rock band - having performed more than 2,700 concerts in over 50 countries for more than 35 million fans and earning the #1 grossing worldwide tour twice in just three years. 'Because We Can - The Tour' will also debut brand new songs from new album What About Now, due out in Spring 2013, loading even more ammunition into the band's huge arsenal of hits including 'Livin' on a Prayer', 'You Give Love a Bad Name', 'Who Says You Can't Go Home', 'It's My Life' and many more.

Fancy a pair of free tickets? Join up to the Bon Jovi Army, recruit a group of 10 fans and pledge your allegiance for the chance to win a pair of free tickets.

At the special price of £45, with the Lucky Dip ticket you could end up with a £45 seat, a £85 seat, a standing ticket or a Gold Circle ticket. A very select few even have a chance of getting a Diamond Circle ticket!
I still have a feeling he will be back come June. After all he has said how important it is to play in Hyde Park. Hopefully we will find out more during the 10 day break.

Simon 05-19-2013 06:10 PM

I posted this in the Munich thread, but this is very it belongs...

I did talk to Obie yesterday inside the stadium. I asked him about Richie, he said he talks to him regularly and that he will definitely be back, just right now he has sone family stuff to take care about. I said, to me it looks like Richie is enjoying being a dad right now, and Obie said that yeah, Richie is spending a lot of time with his daughter, hinting in that direction.
I said that we are confused since we didn't get a definite statement from anyone, and Obie said Richie wanted to keep this issue as low as possible (paraphrasing, since I don't remember the exact words).

That's what he said. Don't know if he made it up or not, but he sounded definite about his return. My friend asked if there's a chance to see Richie in Cologne and Obie said yeah.

Bounce7800 05-19-2013 06:22 PM

This response from Phil on Twitter would seem to indicate that he expects to be playing the upcoming UK shows:

http://i.imgur.com/B9Wql3h.png

Which would put the 6th June return at a bit of doubt. It doesn't say anything in so many words but it reads like the plan is still for Phil to continue.

PatriciaSambora 05-19-2013 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 1130701)

I did talk to Obie yesterday inside the stadium. I asked him about Richie, he said he talks to him regularly and that he will definitely be back, just right now he has sone family stuff to take care about. I said, to me it looks like Richie is enjoying being a dad right now, and Obie said that yeah, Richie is spending a lot of time with his daughter, hinting in that direction.
I said that we are confused since we didn't get a definite statement from anyone, and Obie said Richie wanted to keep this issue as low as possible (paraphrasing, since I don't remember the exact words).

That's what he said. Don't know if he made it up or not, but he sounded definite about his return. My friend asked if there's a chance to see Richie in Cologne and Obie said yeah.

Thanks for sharing! Family stuff? Uhmmm...

PatriciaSambora 05-19-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1130703)
This response from Phil on Twitter would seem to indicate that he expects to be playing the upcoming UK shows:

Which would put the 6th June return at a bit of doubt. It doesn't say anything in so many words but it reads like the plan is still for Phil to continue.

Yeah.. Sometimes I though to ask him if he's ready for Madrid and this way know the truth if Richie is coming or not but... I don't want to know the answer:( Ha!

Kryten2340 05-19-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bounce7800 (Post 1130703)

Not necessarily. Maybe he isn't aware if Richie is coming back or perhaps he's been paid to play along until the band are ready to announce his return.

Kryten2340 05-19-2013 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatriciaSambora (Post 1130704)
Thanks for sharing! Family stuff? Uhmmm...

Could further fuel the argument that its a custody thing and with the LA school year nearing a close he's ready to return.

I honestly believe he will be back for the UK dates. I can't see him missing Hyde Park, Isle of Wight and Slane.

Simon 05-19-2013 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten2340 (Post 1130708)

I honestly believe he will be back for the UK dates. I can't see him missing Hyde Park, Isle of Wight and Slane.

I couldn't have seen him missing South Africa & Munich.

JoviJovi 05-19-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 1130701)

I am really surprised nobody (in BJM) has told Obie to shut up at this point. For the record, I think he's full of shit.

Thierry 05-19-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoviJovi (Post 1130712)
I am really surprised nobody (in BJM) has told Obie to shut up at this point. For the record, I think he's full of shit.

And always have been full of shit.