Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Javier 08-17-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1150456)
The problem with Richie is his grandiosity and arrogance as a solo artist. Compare his approach to that of Noel Gallagher. Noel was the lead songwriter and part-time lead vocalist of one of the biggest rock bands of all time. By the time Oasis broke, they were filling stadiums and large arenas around the world. Noel was as recognizable as the lead singer of the band, as famous, and very well known to be the real talent in the band. Fans and non-fans alike had been clamouring for a solo effort for a very long time. When he finally made a solo album he talked openly about not having an audience; he started playing in the smallest theaters, he played festival shows, he opened for established bands who could draw a big crowd (Red Hot Chilly Peppers). In other words, he was prepared to start from the bottom, grind his way through, build a fanbase and find success. He did it all with humility and grace (two characteristics not commonly associated with him!).

Richie on the other hand is guy nobody outside of the band's more loyal (and massively dwindling) fanbase knows about. And even among the band's fanbase he is generally viewed as second-fiddle to Jon. Vitually nobody besides his minuscule numbers of fans, knew or cared that he was making a solo record. Yet Richie constantly bragged about how successful he is; how underappreciated and unrecognised he is; disparaged the band in which he found success; was unwilling to play small venues to small crowds; and generally made no effort at all to actually build an audience.

Obviously I have no idea why he bailed on the band but given his astonishing level of (unfounded) grandiosity and arrogance, I'd be fairly confident that whatever resentment he had towards the band and Jon while promoting his solo record was intensified following it's failure and that contributed to his departure.

Richie is a f*cking baby and a diva, as far as I'm concerned.

It makes me sad to see with how much of this I agree. Man reality sucks!!

steel_horse75 08-17-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1150451)
Most of those fans who kiss his butt on facebook and twitter are Europeans, who happen to be the ones buy the tickets.

Ticos_stick is right. America failed Richie.

They didnt fail him - they are not interested in him aside from a few desperate housewives who are desperate for a re-tweet.

Said it before that solo albums very rarely sell or have any interest to a casual fan.
People fell in love with the band not the people.

steel_horse75 08-17-2013 08:00 AM

Richie has enough money to fund his solo projects so shouldnt give up on it if that what he really wants but he has to get real and wake up to the fact - he is famous because of Bon Jovi.

He still expects to sell 100,000s of his solo albums and it isnt going to happen just like he isnt going to sell out 10,000 seater arenas.

His album made it to no 33 in the UK - how many copies is that when you think that WAN made it to number 2 and only sold 38,000 in its first week?

There is no interest in Richie Sambora solo artist.

Captain_jovi 08-17-2013 08:02 AM

Yeah, saying America...sigh..."Failed" him...like really? It's America's fault?

Look, I'm not saying he should have continued the tour if ticket sales were that dire but when you have that much money and you want to carve your own path you can't spout of the bull of "whether it's 50 or 5000 we put in the same effort". It's one or the other. You want to cancel the tour? Man up and tell us why. America didn't fail Richie, Richie let down his fans.

ticos_stick 08-17-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Butters (Post 1150456)
The problem with Richie is his grandiosity and arrogance as a solo artist. Compare his approach to that of Noel Gallagher. Noel was the lead songwriter and part-time lead vocalist of one of the biggest rock bands of all time. By the time Oasis broke, they were filling stadiums and large arenas around the world. Noel was as recognizable as the lead singer of the band, as famous, and very well known to be the real talent in the band. Fans and non-fans alike had been clamouring for a solo effort for a very long time. When he finally made a solo album he talked openly about not having an audience; he started playing in the smallest theaters, he played festival shows, he opened for established bands who could draw a big crowd (Red Hot Chilly Peppers). In other words, he was prepared to start from the bottom, grind his way through, build a fanbase and find success. He did it all with humility and grace (two characteristics not commonly associated with him!).

The Noel Gallagher comparison is spot on. I've seen him playing festival shows really low down on the bill and thought his ego must be taking a bashing but he's obviously doing things the smart way and building himself up from the bottom. I think Noel has huge self belief in his talent and while Richie might hype the shit out of his material I don't think he really is sold on his own worth as a solo artist. He's lost as a mother****er and surrounded with the wrong kind of people.

Stiggy 08-17-2013 09:32 PM

Brittany Sambora ‏@BrittanySambora

@RoniBongiovi @RikeBJ @TheRealSambora Nikki wanted me to spread the word that he is trying to come back, he just didn't get an answer yet!

mmmm... intresting?

Mysterytrain 08-17-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jule225 (Post 1150489)
I why Nikki can't speak for herself?

Probably because that fan made it up.

I don't know...to me, this echoes a lot of those tabloid articles with unnamed "sources", and I still think that one or all of those "sources" is actually Nikki. She wouldn't speak for herself on any "official" basis.

If she's spreading the word among the street team people, but hoping they will tell other fans so she doesn't have to say anything directly, then she doesn't have to take the heat.

Of course, it doesn't help if the people she tells alert other fans that Nikki was the one who told them lol. So much for being an unnamed source.

golittleperson 08-18-2013 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jule225 (Post 1150494)
That's a good point, but in that case, I'm not convinced she's telling the truth, either. I don't trust her. I think she has a lot to gain from this situation, and if she's using fans to do her dirty work, I think that shows pretty clearly what type of person she is.

In any case, if Nikki can't stand behind her own words, I don't see any reason to trust what she says.

I do not trust her motives/agenda. Using gullible fans to do her dirty work may be a very good theory. I'm old enough to be well jaded and not easily fooled. I CAN be wrong, but something tells me this time I am right. NCIS fans relate to Gibb's gutt. Mine is the hair on the back of my neck. She started all this press with her fb campaign of pictures back in May, then brought in tabloid media Borg. Really hurt Richies credibility to so many. She needed to stay out of BJ/music side. We she said "we", lost me completely, was not a fan to start with & it Had Nothing to do with her. Made enemies. But, why can't Richie just speak for Richie? Maybe legally tied but these gossip games don't get it.

Javier 08-18-2013 06:05 AM

So, time for a new theory. I think Richie was contacted by the CIA to infiltrate the drug cartel coming in from South America and the Richie Sambora that's running around the tabloids is an impostor who cannot play the guitar. In fact, Phil is also an agent, but he can play guitar, so they gave him the job of lead guitarist. But why wouldn't they just leave Richie right where he is and give another agent the job without interrupting the flow of anything?? Well DUH!!! The press needs the distractions, that's why the whole media coverage, that's why the webcasts, that's why koolaid came in blue. I mean seriously, who the **** would drink something blue!!?? Unless it's Icee, when I was in middle school and Icee and a slice of Pizza would be the perfect cheap combo for lunch. An Icee is like a slushee for those that don't know.... So then, what kind of pizza should I buy???

golittleperson 08-18-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Javier (Post 1150503)
So, time for a new theory. I think Richie was contacted by the CIA to infiltrate the drug cartel coming in from South America and the Richie Sambora that's running around the tabloids is an impostor who cannot play the guitar. In fact, Phil is also an agent, but he can play guitar, so they gave him the job of lead guitarist. But why wouldn't they just leave Richie right where he is and give another agent the job without interrupting the flow of anything?? Well DUH!!! The press needs the distractions, that's why the whole media coverage, that's why the webcasts, that's why koolaid came in blue. I mean seriously, who the **** would drink something blue!!?? Unless it's Icee, when I was in middle school and Icee and a slice of Pizza would be the perfect cheap combo for lunch. An Icee is like a slushee for those that don't know.... So then, what kind of pizza should I buy???

Definitely Cheesy, really cheesy, the pizza of course.