Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Jon - Runaway Tours 2015 (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=68956)

Old Joysey 03-11-2015 01:36 AM

Jon - Runaway Tours 2015

Start saving or rob a bank!

Quote:

Runaway Tours ‏@runawaytours

Details will come as soon as possible. It will be JBJ!! This is going to be the most beautiful location to date
Quote:

Runaway Tours ‏@runawaytours

We know u want more info. We are working out some details but what we can tell you is that is will be in the Caribbean in May. Very excited!

Kathleen 03-11-2015 01:48 AM

Yeah - robbing a bank is needed. There was a time (not so long ago) that Jon played for the fanclub locally - for a reasonable ticket price. The 2009 Starland Ballroom concert in Sayerville comes to mind.

Recently he played for the fanclub at BB Kings in New York City and even as a fanclub member I couldn't buy a ticket. I had to do the whole "Runaway Tour" package in order to go. And I live about 15 miles away - I am done with the fanclub.

Becky 03-11-2015 02:10 AM

At one point, I had been a member of that fan club for the majority of my life, but I let it go years ago. I don't see how common people can afford these trips. I mean, the events are outrageous and then you have to pay the airfare to GET there which is utterly ridiculous too.

Walleris 03-11-2015 02:53 AM

Please...

The reason why those trips are the way they are (and cost that amount) is because there are enough people that buy them. If there wasn't, they would've stopped, or made them much cheaper. That's capitalism.

Plus, going there for music is just silly. Why waste money on 1 hour acoustic sets where Jon doesn't even try to go to higher register and then pauses every couple of songs to answer the same repetitive questions? I think people that go there treat it as a vacation - they have a nice time and spend an evening chilling with their favorite singer.

Even if they were cheaper, I just don't see the appeal for die-hards like us. We're not the target audience. So I don't get the complaining.

Kathleen 03-11-2015 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1186042)
So I don't get the complaining.

My complaining is due to the fact that I live very close to where the concert was held. I simply wanted to buy a ticket and go - but that wasn't allowed. I had to purchase the entire package.

I hear what you are saying about music quality but since the show was so close to me I would have bought a ticket anyway - even knowing the quiet acoustic content.

Southern Cowboy 03-11-2015 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kathleen (Post 1186039)
Yeah - robbing a bank is needed. There was a time (not so long ago) that Jon played for the fanclub locally - for a reasonable ticket price. The 2009 Starland Ballroom concert in Sayerville comes to mind.

Recently he played for the fanclub at BB Kings in New York City and even as a fanclub member I couldn't buy a ticket. I had to do the whole "Runaway Tour" package in order to go. And I live about 15 miles away - I am done with the fanclub.

I am with you also; my days with the FC is done. Isn't it about time Jon gave something back to the fans for their years of loyality that have stuck with them thru the ups and downs..

Alphavictim 03-11-2015 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walleris (Post 1186042)
That's capitalism.

True enough. It's just capitalism, and it has nothing to do with gratefulness for the fanbase or music. The BJ crew has been milking fans like crazy ever since I've known the band, and while it's not exactly illegitimate, it definitely doesn't make the band come across as likeable. It's a ****ing corporation, on all levels, and the difference between BJ and "normal" bands are like between an actual chef making food versus McDonald's. You get what you pay for, and you only get stuff if you pay for it. I like a ton of the band's music, but their merch prices (AND design) has been awful for years. Because they can get away with it, yes. But that also means that the band doesn't give a shit about any of these things other than to make money. Our fanbase walks around in awfully designed, cheaply sewn shirts? Who cares, it makes money! Also, support Soul Foundation so the sweatshop prices in India won't drive local workers out of the market. Or something.

Ever got the feeling you've been cheated?

rolo_tomachi 03-11-2015 07:33 PM

the current bon jovi............
.........worthless

bonjovi90 03-11-2015 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1186058)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tum3v7TU0rU
.........worthless

...Just like the current Richie...

Sambo-Chris 03-11-2015 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alphavictim (Post 1186057)
True enough. It's just capitalism, and it has nothing to do with gratefulness for the fanbase or music. The BJ crew has been milking fans like crazy ever since I've known the band, and while it's not exactly illegitimate, it definitely doesn't make the band come across as likeable. It's a ****ing corporation, on all levels, and the difference between BJ and "normal" bands are like between an actual chef making food versus McDonald's. You get what you pay for, and you only get stuff if you pay for it. I like a ton of the band's music, but their merch prices (AND design) has been awful for years. Because they can get away with it, yes. But that also means that the band doesn't give a shit about any of these things other than to make money. Our fanbase walks around in awfully designed, cheaply sewn shirts? Who cares, it makes money! Also, support Soul Foundation so the sweatshop prices in India won't drive local workers out of the market. Or something.

Ever got the feeling you've been cheated?

IF you even get what you pay for. In 2012 for bamboozle festival you did not. It was said that there will be transportation from red bank where the hotel was to asbury park where the festival was every hour. Actually it was only once a day and at a time where the festival already startet hours ago even though there were no fanclub activitys. So we missed bands that we wanted to see and spent time sitting around in the hotel room waiting for the bus. Quite a few People were pissed about this or payed for expensive taxi to get to the festival in time.

superkid 03-12-2015 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rolo_tomachi (Post 1186058)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tum3v7TU0rU
.........worthless

Not gonna lie, I laughed at the end there.

picotto 03-12-2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superkid (Post 1186077)
Not gonna lie, I laughed at the end there.

This wasnt funny at all. Just horrible that Jon isnt even able anymore to sing this dann easy song...

Old Joysey 03-24-2015 07:50 PM

https://igcdn-photos-e-a.akamaihd.ne...24495926_n.jpg

Quote:

ATTENTION RUNAWAYS! We are excited to announce the opening of our brand new website www.RunawayTours.com
We are also excited to let you know that the trip to The Bahamas is NOW ON SALE! Please go to our brand new website to see full details and to purchase your travel package NOW!

Matrix15 04-01-2015 12:55 AM

It's about $2000 per person. Bugger me. Steep is not the word.

Becky 04-01-2015 01:07 AM

And that's BEFORE you pay for your trip to the Bahamas. For the hell of it, I'm looking up a flight....$851. That's actually less than I was expecting. But I can't afford the flight OR the concert package either one!

SuperBrad 04-02-2015 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bonjovi90 (Post 1186061)
...Just like the current Richie...

No , the current Richie is wayyyyy better than that !

bonjovi90 04-02-2015 01:38 PM

That answer could only come from two users...and since rolo didn't react this time it had to be you :D

Old Joysey 04-02-2015 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Becky (Post 1186427)
And that's BEFORE you pay for your trip to the Bahamas. For the hell of it, I'm looking up a flight....$851. That's actually less than I was expecting. But I can't afford the flight OR the concert package either one!

Just out of curiosity I checked it too: strangely enough, the cost from Paris, France is about the same as yours! :o which is "cheap" considering the distance. But even if I could afford it I wouldn't do it.

Becky 04-03-2015 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Joysey (Post 1186443)
Just out of curiosity I checked it too: strangely enough, the cost from Paris, France is about the same as yours! :o which is "cheap" considering the distance. But even if I could afford it I wouldn't do it.

I wouldn't either. I'm not a "beach" person so the Bahamas hold no appeal for me. Besides, I'd probably catch some kind of island disease. If I was going to invest that much into a trip, it would have to be a much more appealing location.

golittleperson 04-19-2015 07:25 PM

If I could budget the trip - the Caribbean would be perfect for me....... But, not hit the lotto and I really need to pay the mortgage first. :-)

Don't know if this is posted or worth a new thread but looking today at Matt's twitter and couple of interesting things imo:

Lynn Wang ‏@leanncn · Apr 16
Saw the application for @BonJovi live in Shanghai 2015.So are you guys really coming to China?@TheMattBongiovi pic.twitter.com/ez8Li5gOo5

Matthew Bongiovi
‏@TheMattBongiovi @leanncn 😉

The reply was a wink???? Then on another post right after he said that "the tour" was not until next year. He has not replied to anyone asking if BJ or Jon? No matter what people's opinion is of Matt, he probably has a lot better connection for information than most. Sounds like something is in the works, we just don't know what. Saw a poster this week too for Phil X (& couple of other musicians )- charity camp he is participating in and it shows his pic and underneath it says

Phil X
Bon Jovi

Javier 04-19-2015 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1186974)
If I could budget the trip - the Caribbean would be perfect for me....... But, not hit the lotto and I really need to pay the mortgage first. :-)

Don't know if this is posted or worth a new thread but looking today at Matt's twitter and couple of interesting things imo:

Lynn Wang ‏@leanncn · Apr 16
Saw the application for @BonJovi live in Shanghai 2015.So are you guys really coming to China?@TheMattBongiovi pic.twitter.com/ez8Li5gOo5

Matthew Bongiovi
‏@TheMattBongiovi @leanncn 😉

The reply was a wink???? Then on another post right after he said that "the tour" was not until next year. He has not replied to anyone asking if BJ or Jon? No matter what people's opinion is of Matt, he probably has a lot better connection for information than most. Sounds like something is in the works, we just don't know what. Saw a poster this week too for Phil X (& couple of other musicians )- charity camp he is participating in and it shows his pic and underneath it says

Phil X
Bon Jovi

If I was Phil I would be milking the shit out of being associated with Bon Jovi. SO I wouldn't read too much into that, but I agree, they tend to be keeping so many things hidden, as if to say that it would be groundbreaking news if they were to tour again and release something by next year...

Becky 04-19-2015 11:42 PM

I saw on Facebook earlier today where someone had posted that quote from his Twitter that basically said, "the tour is next year," but I just went to his Twitter feed now and that tweet isn't there.

I'm sure he wouldn't have tweeted it if there wasn't something in the works though. These things take a long time to plan out. Life goes on...

golittleperson 04-20-2015 12:45 AM

I found it and I had it worded all wrong, but same sentiment.

Matthew Bongiovi @TheMattBongiovi
· 20h 20 hours ago
@bouncejovi there is no tour till next year

( Then today: This conversation - sound like a tour in 16 - now who??? Since not a farewell could still go either way. )

Galaxy ‏@Galaxy80000 · 1h1 hour ago
@TheMattBongiovi This tour next year - is it for real or just a rumor? Some are already talking about a farewell tour - say it isn't so!!

Matthew Bongiovi
‏@TheMattBongiovi @Galaxy80000 LOL what is this Motley Crüe? No farewell tour.

bwehehehe 04-21-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golittleperson (Post 1186983)
I found it and I had it worded all wrong, but same sentiment.

Matthew Bongiovi @TheMattBongiovi
· 20h 20 hours ago
@bouncejovi there is no tour till next year

Jon solo tour on 2016? That's the original question by the way.

toys in the attic ‏@bouncejovi Apr 18
@TheMattBongiovi +The important question is... do I have to begin to save money for a very near Jon's tour? sorry and thanks

nikos greece 04-21-2015 07:22 PM

i d really like a third solo album from jon...the guy is a great songwriter.:p
ps.especially when he writes with a less hit driven mind..

Walleris 04-22-2015 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikos greece (Post 1187027)
i d really like a third solo album from jon...the guy is a great songwriter.:p
ps.especially when he writes with a less hit driven mind..

Yup, and with his voice no longer being able to carry big choruses, I feel like that's the only way for him to ever make good music in the future.

Look at Robert Plant. That album with Alisson Kraus a few years ago was great! Yet everyone knows that his voice is too shot to make new Led Zeppelin songs (their recent live DVD proved it), but in a different environment he could still shine.

And then in a few years once all the water is under the bridge, they can get back together with Richie and sort of make a 'comeback'. Which likely won't be much better than their 2000s efforts, but at least it will seem like a big deal and general public will care about it to a bigger degree. Whereas a new Bon Jovi album today probably wouldn't even chart at no.1 spot in most places.