Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   Tour Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   No Richie on current leg of the tour (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=55338)

Thierry 04-03-2013 04:04 PM

Does that mean that Phil X will be joining Bon Jovi anytime soon? As I haven't seen any announcement yet.

I'd be thrilled to see Bon Jovi with Phil X during the Summer if Richie can't get his shit together.

Beaky 04-03-2013 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1119258)
I'm not a Richie hater and take no glee in the fact that AOTL tanked because I think it's a very good album and his second best solo effort.

Fact is it did tank.

No one said he struggled performance wise either. From what I hear, people who attended the shows enjoyed them immensely and so did Richie.

Fact is though, that he cancelled 4 (IIRC) shows which calls into question the viability of a career post Bon Jovi unless he is willing to lose his own money doing it.

If you can see glee at poor sales or Richie-hating on my part, feel free to quote where I've done either.

If you can see me quoting/naming you when I wrote the above, please do let me know...

The fact that you responded is interesting but you weren't even on my radar, other than the fact I'd enjoyed reading your contribution to this thread.

PLENTY of people on here bashed the living p*ss out of Richie during his solo shows...

RonJovi 04-03-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1119264)
If you can see me quoting/naming you when I wrote the above, please do let me know...

The fact that you responded is interesting but you weren't even on my radar, other than the fact I'd enjoyed reading your contribution to this thread.

PLENTY of people on here bashed the living p*ss out of Richie during his solo shows...

Fair enough...maybe me being defensive. :-)

CKatz 04-03-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1119258)
I'm not a Richie hater and take no glee in the fact that AOTL tanked because I think it's a very good album and his second best solo effort.

Fact is it did tank.

No one said he struggled performance wise either. From what I hear, people who attended the shows enjoyed them immensely and so did Richie.

Fact is though, that he cancelled 4 (IIRC) shows which calls into question the viability of a career post Bon Jovi unless he is willing to lose his own money doing it.

If you can see glee at poor sales or Richie-hating on my part, feel free to quote where I've done either.

His European shows sold out quickly. He could focus his solo career on Europe. North America is not the center of the universe. Just because his solo shows in America didn't work out as planned that doesn't mean he won't be able to tour in the future.

Thierry 04-03-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beaky (Post 1119264)

Because the song choices and the backing band were actually crap? Does that mean we should suck up and say it was awesome where it wasn't that awesome to begin with? Wouldn't that be just a lie?

Thierry 04-03-2013 04:10 PM

Phil X, Phil X, Phil X bring Phil X back

Is he performing with Bon Jovi tonight. He is an awesome guitar player and a good singer. A perfect replacement I'd think :).

SexxAtraxxion 04-03-2013 04:10 PM

The shows should've been cancelled temporally. Jon is ripping off the fans.

If The Edge couldn't play, do you guys think U2 would continue the shows? No.

Beaky 04-03-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RonJovi (Post 1119266)
Fair enough...maybe me being defensive. :-)

No problem chief... I know it's private and I know it's personal but in this digital age of immediacy, would be nice if they just told everyone he's in good health, at least.

DevilsSon 04-03-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danfan (Post 1119256)
Sorry, I don't care what the internet says, I don't buy it. It's a choice to start drinking or shooting up. No disease forced him to start in the first place. It was a personal decision. What it's done to his brain from that point is his own fault.

AIDS is a disease. Well, a virus actually. You can't just wake up one morning, decide to go to counseling, and get rid of it. You can do that with substance abuse. Plenty of people have.

Most of the times, I think you are a perfectly normal guy posting on this forum, usually even having something to say.

Every now and then I think: 'God, you're such a moron and I am so happy people like you are nowhere near the circle of people I keep close'.

Just saying.

As about Richie - it's all speculation but it's quite crazy to assume he left the band or anything. FFS, it's just been one show so far. There is no official explanation yet so it's really pre-mature to think he might have quit. I think they are far beyond that point. Should Richie leave for good, make it public, I can see how Jon will actually pull the plug on Bon Jovi the band. They might finish the tour, but I can't see how it can continue afterwards. And maybe, it's actually the best for everyone.

RonJovi 04-03-2013 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SexxAtraxxion (Post 1119270)
The shows should've been cancelled temporally. Jon is ripping off the fans.

If The Edge couldn't play, do you guys think U2 would continue the shows? No.

If he was purely about the cash, why did they donate 100k to charity?

Haha, just saw your location...nice. :-)