Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community

Jovitalk - Bon Jovi Fan Community (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/index.php)
-   General BJ Discussion (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Tom Cruise to sing Wanted in "Rock of Ages" (https://drycounty.com/jovitalk/showthread.php?t=52657)

ticos_stick 02-23-2011 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 1040664)
Worst Ever? . He is not terrible at all, he's just been cast in some bad movies. Or is this just you following some sort of band-wagon?

Amen brother.

It's very cool to talk shit about Tom these days but it can't be argued that he is a great actor. He's Oscar nominated FFS.

Here's just a few of the great films he's been in.

Magnolia
Vanilla Sky
Risky Business
Rain Man
Born On The Fourth Of July
Mission Impossible
Jerry Maguire
Minority Report

He might be into Scientology but that doesn't make him a bad actor.

Jovimimi 02-23-2011 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1040671)
Amen brother.

It's very cool to talk shit about Tom these days but it can't be argued that he is a great actor. He's Oscar nominated FFS.

Magnolia
Vanilla Sky
Risky Business
Rain Man
Mission Impossible
Jerry Maguire
Minority Report

I couldn't agree more .... he is the target in the media because he is scientologist (spl? ) but in my opinion he is a VERY GOOD actor .... I never thought he was performing acting bad even in his not so good movies ..

and like you said he did a lot of GREAT movies too

ticos_stick 02-23-2011 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1040672)
I couldn't agree more .... he is the target in the media because he is scientologist (spl? ) but in my opinion he is a VERY GOOD actor .... I never thought he was performing acting bad even in his not so good movies ..

and like you said he did a lot of GREAT movies too

Hell yes, I didn't even include Cocktail or Top Gun in the list. Those films have got me through some cold dark nights.... :(

Jovimimi 02-23-2011 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1040673)
Hell yes, I didn't even include Cocktail or Top Gun in the list. Those films have got me through some cold dark nights.... :(

Very popular movies are not always meaning bad -especially in the 80's or the 90's . TC is a MAJOR actor and you can see how hollywood system is always willing to destroy today who they adored yesterday.
I don't care about people's privacy .... it unrelevant to try to find trash and attack him for things that are NOT related to his acting skills but well that's my opinion.
I loved him in Walkyrie too
I don't think he was BAD in any movie (meaning bad acting ) he had maybe bad choice like any actor but well ...

Thomas Anderson 02-23-2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jovimimi (Post 1040678)
I don't care about people's privacy .... it unrelevant to try to find trash and attack him for things that are NOT related to his acting skills but well that's my opinion.

I agree. I personally don't care what any actor/singer/entertainer does in their own time. Afterall, if you found out that the star of your favourite film was a murderer, would it stop you from enjoying the film in future? Granted, if they played a murderer in the film it might be distracting but still, their personal life has no bearing on their work.

Jovimimi 02-23-2011 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Anderson (Post 1040685)
I agree. I personally don't care what any actor/singer/entertainer does in their own time. Afterall, if you found out that the star of your favourite film was a murderer, would it stop you from enjoying the film in future? Granted, if they played a murderer in the film it might be distracting but still, their personal life has no bearing on their work.

it's extreme ... to be a murderer is against 'most' systems
if TC is arrested for murder he will be put in jail but will I think he is a bad actor I don't think so I will though think he deserve to be in jail.
Plus most of the ways hollywood is trashing anyone famous is no way near being a murderer or not it's more about finding something juicy (for the average Joe) to destroy that famous person image. but what will make hollywood think ohhh ahhh will have most of the time no effect on the Uk press for example .I don't know but to have TC jump on Oprah sofa 'drama' was just pathetic ... who cares about his skills on jumping on a sofa ;)

hometownboy 02-23-2011 09:23 PM

Actors wanting to be singers and singers wanting to be actors!

Makedde 02-24-2011 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bang A Drum (Post 1040664)
Worst Ever? . He is not terrible at all, he's just been cast in some bad movies. Or is this just you following some sort of band-wagon?

I honestly can't stand him. I don't like Nicole Kidman, Ben Stiller or Angelina Jolie, either. I think they are all terrible actors.

Call me weird if you want.:p

sammy645 02-26-2011 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ticos_stick (Post 1040671)
Amen brother.

Magnolia
Vanilla Sky
Risky Business
Rain Man
Mission Impossible
Jerry Maguire
Minority Report

Dont forget Collateral

Mulletor 03-02-2011 01:35 AM

Uh, Mission Impossible was a lot of things.... "great" not being one of them :p